• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces All Still-Functioning Wiis Will Self Destruct in 2023

Ezquimacore

Banned
Pretty concerning stuff.

“Due to changing standards in the gaming industry and better hardware being available, we think it’s best if every single Wii that is still in perfect working order just bursts into flames one day next year,” said Doug Bowser, President of Nintendo of America. Just melting and shooting parts all over across the room. Once we get this new Switch Sports game out, we really don’t want anyone enjoying a past version of it. I’m sure you understand.”

“Nintendo doesn’t care what we think,” said Elena Hacklethorpe, a gaming journalist. “Never have, never will. They know what they’re doing. They know how many nursing homes still have Wiis installed in rec rooms. If they do what they’re threatening to do, their signature bright red logo will no longer remind me of Mario’s hat and instead the blood of my grandparents. It will be on their hands. I wish they’d be a normal company just one time.”

Just in case you have an enemy and you wanna give away your wii, or maybe your grandma still has her wii in the living room.
RIP all the great bodies created by Nintendo.
ezgear_wii_boxing_gloves.jpg

There needs to be rules regarding people posting satire as facts...
On one hand I agree, I hate the spread of misinformation. Though on the other it's all in good fun. I would have at least included a spoiler tag saying it's satire. This website has some funny articles.

I’ve no doubt there would still be some people defending Nintendo if this was true. ”It’s their hardware so they can do whatever they want with it. You shouldn’t have bought it if you can’t deal with the possibility of randomly getting a piece of metal blasted into your face”

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Imagine the lawsuits of all the fire related deaths. I think Nintendo will go bankrupt. And not because of low video game sales. Who knew.

Jk Someone should tell Nintendo it's not April 1st.

Trimesh

Banned
I’ve no doubt there would still be some people defending Nintendo if this was true. ”It’s their hardware so they can do whatever they want with it. You shouldn’t have bought it if you can’t deal with the possibility of randomly getting a piece of metal blasted into your face”

Yeah, it's sort of strange to look back and remember when it was that Nintendo were the ones with the most absolutely brain damaged shit-eating fanboys.

Top Bottom