• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces Back-To-School Deals, Offers Some of the Biggest Hits for sub-$20

Miker

Has anybody found the online link for Wal-Mart? I'd like to check availability before I drive down. I called up the only one near me and they said they won't get it in for two weeks (possible, I suppose), and when I asked what they did have in stock, the lady said "3DS and 2DS," then just hung up on me.

Courage

goddamn, woke up and every Target nearby me is sold out while the nearest Walmart is an hour away. Ended up placing an order on Target's website although it is on backorder.

Has anybody found the online link for Wal-Mart? I'd like to check availability before I drive down. I called up the only one near me and they said they won't get it in for two weeks (possible, I suppose), and when I asked what they did have in stock, the lady said "3DS and 2DS," then just hung up on me.

I walked in at 7:30 and explained the situation (system was street dated for today). A manager scrounged around in the back and found them. Washed away that Target salt.

Sanctuary

They are clearly missing one of their best games:

4516875490_6d5e59ffe7_o.jpg

ch4fx_

I ended up getting mine from Walmart at midnight, essentially without issue.

I stopped by on Wednesday to ask if they knew of any they were getting? Only to find 3 of them already setting on the shelf. I tried to buy one then, but the register wouldn't let the transaction go through -- so they ended up putting one back for me to buy once they were able to sell them.

It does seem like most places are only getting 2-3 each, the Walmart I went to & the two Target stores I called gave me the same number.

Someone help me make the choice. I have only enough apare cash to spend on one game: DKC:TP, Super Mario 3D World, or Wind Waker HD (never played original).

What do GAF?
Do you have friends you can gather on a regular basis? If so, 3D World. If not, Wind Waker HD is the easy choice.

mjc

Stopped at Target before work and grabbed a non-selects version of Luigi's Mansion. Been waiting a long time for a price drop on that sucker.

What is Nintendo of America's strategy in terms of the normal New 3DS in the US? Like, why only allocate at most 4 systems to every Target (and probably Walmart)?

Stopped at Target before work and grabbed a non-selects version of Luigi's Mansion. Been waiting a long time for a price drop on that sucker.

The non-selects version dropped too? I thought they were separate SKUs. Awesome if true. I would prefer the standard box art.

Relaxt

Neo Member
Started trying at midnight last night to order from the SM3DL bundle from target.com and it was down due to heavy traffic. now it is bouncing between OOS and backordered.

Got my N3DS early this morning at Wal-Mart. They had to go into the back to get them, but they had like six or so. I don't think mine has an IPS screen, but I don't play my 3DS from a side angle, so I won't lose any sleep over it.

Got my N3DS early this morning at Wal-Mart. They had to go into the back to get them, but they had like six or so. I don't think mine has an IPS screen, but I don't play my 3DS from a side angle, so I won't lose any sleep over it.

Disappointed to hear there is still a screen lottery. I was hoping all of these would be ips.

Vitacat

The screen lottery is really annoying. Here is what a dual IPS small N3ds looks like. You and I have very little chance of getting one like this, but we all pay the same prices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R2Uwyzn9Ok

"Nintendo 3ds screen bullshit" - shows the difference between TN & IPS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BLTFCTk-QU

Basically Nintendo wants the same amount of money for every 3ds, but doesn't give the same quality of hardware with each one. In comparison, afaik Sony does with the Vita (2 different types, but you know for sure which type you're getting, no lottery).

What is Nintendo of America's strategy in terms of the normal New 3DS in the US? Like, why only allocate at most 4 systems to every Target (and probably Walmart)?
There is no strategy. We're lucky they even decided to release the smaller system in some capacity. NoA has been a joke for a good few years now.

Nintendo Land is finally back on the NA eshop!
Really? This is big news. About damn time.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
All those games suck.

Where the fuck is my goddamned price drop for NSMB:U and NSLU? The former is STILL $59.99 FOUR YEARS LATER!!!

Vitacat

Is the new 3dsxl still supposed to be $200?

Yeah, N3DS XL is normally $200 but now and then has been on sale for $175.

At $150, this N3DS Mario 3D Land bundle is the cheapest the smaller version has been, by far. Also the first time a faceplate I personally like is included (the Mario Maker one with the pixel art characters on yellow).

Are both the faceplates glossy finish or matte? Eventually I want to get some of the matte finish ones as well.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Yeah, $59.99 gets you a NSMBU + NSLU pack at retail these days.

boxart.png

So technically NSMBU got a price cut to $40 from $60 and NSLU got a price cut to $20 from $30. (Retail Price, not DLC Price)

Well, looks like I have egg on my face.

Okay so I had a New 3ds Mario 3d Land edition ordered at a local target. It says it's ready for pick up? I thought it wasn't out until Sept 9? What gives?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Leaving work in a bit to nab mine. Now I need to debate if I want to keep the entire package sealed or remove the cover plates for use.

Top Bottom