• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces new Articles Of Incorporation to set up for new businesses, list

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
These sound related to the things they've been talking about as part of their diversification strategy, though some of them are generic enough to include other possibilities.

Source: https://twitter.com/serkantoto

nintendodiversificatiwryrq.png

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Bah, I was just about to make this very topic. Ah well, I can still post the pages of the document I converted to images.

160518e-2t3u8r.png

160518e-34sub6.png

160518e-4p3uln.png

160518e-54wu5z.png

160518e-68ful2.png

160518e-7iduis.png

The flavor of Super Mario Pizza has no equal, but I don't believe it when Nintendo says it's only possible thanks to the chopsticks-and-chainsaw cutlery setup. Like, why would it taste worse if I ate it with my regular fork and spoon?

Guevara

I don't have a lot of faith in Nintendo's ability to manage new businesses, especially capital intensive "real" projects like restaurants or theme parks. Not to mention the complexities of regulated industries like medical devices.

License IP to others, sure. They can and should do that all day.

PMS341

We all know we'd eat a Super Smash Burger (Fries only, Final Destination). Though I can only hope they don't opt-in for Mario-influenced fast food Italian. Maybe they'll just set up a Chuck E. Cheese/Dave and Busters-esque Nintendoland.

I don't understand most of the wording, but I doubt changing "restaurants, dining halls, cafes" into "eating establishments" is the big deal here.

AntMurda

Does this mean they are announcing new divisions internally with their respective managers as articles or are they announcing subsidiaries instead. I'm not sure what they mean by articles.

I see some of the new businesses.

Development
+ medical equipment / devices
+ radio equipment / devices
+ computer software / technology / network

Management
+ Restaurants
+ Retail Merhandizing
+ Theme Park / Entertainment Venue

TheJoRu

I don't understand most of the wording, but I doubt changing "restaurants, dining halls, cafes" into "eating establishments" is the big deal here.

My thoughts exactly. To me it sounds like they're changing the phrasing to make it more generic and not limit themselves to anything too specific, not that they're investing in any new businesses in that sector.

geordiemp

My guess is they will throw out allot of words and distractions to keep investors off their back until they hit their stride in the mobile space (then they can ditch the blue ocean stuff as investors would just want more mobile).

Call me cynical...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
My thoughts exactly. To me it sounds like they're changing the phrasing to make it more generic and not limit themselves to anything too specific, not that they're planning new businesses in that sector.

But I wanted to see the McTendo's fast food chain being a thing. And I want to sing "I'm playin' it!".

AntMurda

My thoughts exactly. To me it sounds like they're changing the phrasing to make it more generic and not limit themselves to anything too specific, not that they're investing in any new businesses in that sector.

This document is more or less the patent friendly babble version of their upcoming direction and consideration. But the shareholders meeting will announce a more concrete synopsis of what Nintendo is aiming to develop.

Top Bottom