• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces Nintendo 2DS

Fey

Banned
Pretty much made for new, young gamers. It's coming out with the new Pokémon, which is always aimed at a new generation of Pokémon players, looks much more like a toy then the OG and XL, has no 3D, and is cheaper - so both young children and their parents will be attracted to it.

I still want it tho

Wait... does this still play DS games as well?

lol, better hope none of those "younger gamers" this is clearly aimed at have plans to play Another Code, cause they won't be getting past dat stamp puzzle near the start.

SmokyDave

FNa7Nfw.png

post if you're ok, smokydave
I'm OK.

Honestly.

I've been chopping onions with my new 2DS, that's why my eyes are so red. Also, my dog died, so that's why I'm sniffling a bit and my lip might tremble slightly. Also, I never actually had a dog, which is even more sad. I don't want to talk about it.

Cody_D165

Banned
I think the thing that I find most hilarious about this is the fact that so many people seem to think this will lose compatibility with Phantom Hourglass or any other game that made you close the DS at some point. As if the screens touching was the act that actually triggered the events.

It's just sleep mode guys. And that's all it ever was.

TehWhite

Neo Member
gosh I didnt realize how many gaffers are haters lol . *OMGS IT DOESNT FOLD*. Smh. I guess I am in the minority. This design looks good to me. Real good

Thoraxes

Oh man, an ever cheaper 3DS 2DS timed with a Pokemon release?

Besides the confusing name, that is a smart fucking move for a shitload of money this holiday season.

fred

Omfg, I just realised what's coming up next from Nintendo. We've had the DS, the 3DS and now the 2DS. Next up is the 4DS which will allow the owner to time travel!!!!!

weevles

I can't imagine this hardware was soley to move Pokemon...isn't X/Y going to be the first 3D pokemon game and first 3DS game? Why defeat the purpose?

Anyway, I thought Pokemon X/Y was supposed to drive 3DS sales?

This can't be some kind of lapse in confidence, can it?

Interfectum

gosh I didnt realize how many gaffers are haters lol . *OMGS IT DOESNT FOLD*. Smh. I guess I am in the minority. This design looks good to me. Real good

Really? Two screens of different sizes separated by a pointless layer of plastic in between? The way it's designed it looks like it should close but cant. It looks hastily put together.

This will be amazing for my little sister when Pokemon X/Y comes out. We've been wanting to get a second system, and $129 is the perfect price range for that. We still get to have our normal 3DS for when we want SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE(?) and we'll have the ability to play on a second console for cheaper. Awesome.

At first, I thought to myself, "April Fools is in April, right...right?" As my brain slowly began to process that this is in fact the real deal, the only thing I could think is we should burn it, burn it with fire before it multiplies.

Seriously, this is a handheld? Who is this marketed for, 75-year-old retirees who never plan on leaving the house?

fred

Ooh!!! Just realised I'm a member now! Might have to get off my arse and sort out an avatar now in celebration lol

DoubleTap

I'm sure it's been said but, no more loose hinges, no more screen scratching, and it looks even more ergonomic than the XL. I like it. Cheap enough as an impulse buy. I'm not replacing my XL though. CPP is a must for me.
Interested to see what kind if covers will be made for this.

PKrockin

At first, I thought to myself, "April Fools is in April, right...right?" As my brain slowly began to process that this is in fact the real deal, the only thing I could think is we should burn it, burn it with fire before it multiplies.

Seriously, this is a handheld? Who is this marketed for, 75-year-old retirees who never plan on leaving the house?

Parents who think $170 is too much for a handheld yet their kids want pokemon?

I'm not sure what to think about this yet. I need to see how small it is and how it feels. It's pretty crazy to think that Nintendo released a 3DS redesign with no clamshell though.

Jak140

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaa *chuckle* ahah ahah ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahhahhahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Why.

balohna

I think they should have named it Gameboy: Flat Earth Society edition.

I think people aren't quite as stupid as this thread makes them out to be. It may confuse some people, but if they put "PLAYS ALL 3DS AND DS GAMES" on the box (which they probably will) it'll be pretty clear. The name is a clever joke and I think most people will understand that's what it is.

-Horizon-

I can't imagine this hardware was soley to move Pokemon...isn't X/Y going to be the first 3D pokemon game and first 3DS game? Why defeat the purpose?

Anyway, I thought Pokemon X/Y was supposed to drive 3DS sales?

This can't be some kind of lapse in confidence, can it?
Maybe parents don't want their younger kids screwing up their eyes with 3D. First 3D Pokemon game or not, it's a Pokemon game. Kids will want it. 2DS is a cheap alternative for parents to get it for their kids to play.

Top Bottom