• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Pandora's Tower for Wii

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
character2.png

img_t_main.jpg

duckroll said:
Look what I found in the flash file....

t0e2S.png

Dascu

Whatever it is, I'm interested.

I hope it's not an RPG though. Less moonspeak text = Friendlier for localization, or even importing.

Ratrat

Shes asking what is happiness, dying and being beautiful or living and being ugly...

Its rated C! Its probably an rpg judging by the art.

Haunted

Spring 2011 release and there's one generic render art up and one piece of music. No developer, no genre, no screens, no video, no nothing.

If it were a Square game with the same release date we'd have had this much info on it around 2007. And 12 different closed-theatre trailers, 7 open ones, 250 screenshots, 13 previews (2 world-exclusive), a website, a dedicated forum on the S-E website, IGN and Gametrailer skins etc. etc. in the time since then.

Scrounging around flash files and website source code to unveil shit. Fuck, it makes me so mad.

Haunted said:
Spring 2011 release and there's one generic render art up and one piece of music. No developer, no genre, no screens, no video, no nothing.

If it were a Square game with the same release date we'd have had this much info on it around 2007. And 12 different closed-theatre trailers, 7 open ones, 250 screenshots, 13 previews (2 world-exclusive), a website, a dedicated forum on the S-E website, IGN and Gametrailer skins etc. etc. in the time since then.

Scrounging around flash files and website source code to unveil shit. Fuck, it makes me so mad.

Don't worry, not like it'll ever be released in english, whatever it is.

faridmon

Haunted said:

I hope you are joking. I would prefer this way of announcing shit instead of SE doing things: Waiting for leaks of closed theatre, 1 trailer every 2 years, long wait for details is such a headache.

BowieZ

Banned
Music is pretty, and rather catchy!

Much better than that excuse for a melancholy tune for Other M last year.

duckroll

Sounds like suffering is a theme in the game. Either that, or Nintendo is trolling their core fans by watching them suffer. Another tidbit: the voice on the official site says "Dying with beauty, or living with ugliness. Which would you be happier with?" Lulz.

Big One

Banned
Dunno if this is Monolith Soft, isn't it kind of too soon after Xenoblade? I mean none of their Wii entries have been successes tbh

Well, it has an anime girl in it so it's probably an RPG.

Wait... What?

It has an anime girl in it so it must be one of those Cave shooters!

duckroll said:
Sounds like suffering is a theme in the game. Either that, or Nintendo is trolling their core fans by watching them suffer. Another tidbit: the voice on the official site says "Dying with beauty, or living with ugliness. Which would you be happier with?" Lulz.

So its a game were the mission is to find a way to gain the power of beauty AND living?
Or the power of dying of ugliness, I yet dont know.

Big One

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:
Well, it has an anime girl in it so it's probably an RPG.

Wait... What?

It has an anime girl in it so it must be one of those Cave shooters!
Well Nintendo has been on a binge with JRPGs lately so...

Big One said:
Dunno if this is Monolith Soft, isn't it kind of too soon after Xenoblade? I mean none of their Wii entries have been successes tbh

They have 2 teams. This is probably coming from the team that did Soma Bringer.

duckroll

Nuclear Muffin said:

They have way more than 2 teams, and the Soma Bringer team is the Xenoblade team. Good job showing off how much you know about the company! :p

jj984jj said:
If it was a MonolithSoft game wouldn't it say at the bottom?

If it's a RPG that Monolithsoft cares about? Absolutely. If it's some random shit they're doing on contract which they don't really give a crap about like Disaster? No.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nuclear Muffin said:
No that was Xenoblade. Their next project should be from Yasuyuki Honne (well hopefully anyway).

farnham

Banned
Big One said:
monolith is owned bynintendo .

so as long xenoblade sales are okay with nintey its all okay

Big One

Banned
Didn't Monolith Soft have an unknown screen of an upcoming game that appeared in a random picture a couple of months ago? Maybe there's a relation between the two.
farnham said:
monolith is owned bynintendo .

so as long xenoblade sales are okay with nintey its all okay
Xenoblade didn't do very good...

Top Bottom