• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Pandora's Tower for Wii

BowieZ

Banned
duckroll said:
Sounds like suffering is a theme in the game. Either that, or Nintendo is trolling their core fans by watching them suffer. Another tidbit: the voice on the official site says "Dying with beauty, or living with ugliness. Which would you be happier with?" Lulz.
Rip-off of Shrek?

Foffy

Banned
JonStark said:
2agkm6x.png

BELIEVE

I smirked. <3

Shiggy

duckroll said:
They have way more than 2 teams, and the Soma Bringer team is the Xenoblade team. Good job showing off how much you know about the company! :p

&#29694;&#22312;&#12289;&#12514;&#12494;&#12522;&#12473;&#12477;&#12501;&#12488;&#12398;&#38283;&#30330;&#37096;&#38272;&#12399;&#12289;&#65298;&#12388;&#12395;&#20998;&#12363;&#12428;&#12390;&#27083;&#25104;&#12373;&#12428;&#12390;&#12356;&#12414;&#12377;&#12290; Currently, Monolith development department is divided into two parts is composed.

One did Soma Bringer/Xenoblade, the other one worked on DS games for Namco.

Haunted

HadesGigas said:
Don't worry, not like it'll ever be released in english, whatever it is.
oBTQX.gif

faridmon said:
I hope you are joking. I would prefer this way of announcing shit instead of SE doing things: Waiting for leaks of closed theatre, 1 trailer every 2 years, long wait for details is such a headache.
On personal preference, they're both undesirable extremes. I just wanted to highlight the extreme difference.

Marketing-wise, the former is a certain bomb, the latter at least has a chance to sell more than 200 copies (and probably has to sell at least 3 million units to recoup those marketing expenditures).

duckroll said:
They have way more than 2 teams, and the Soma Bringer team is the Xenoblade team. Good job showing off how much you know about the company! :p

If it's a RPG that Monolithsoft cares about? Absolutely. If it's some random shit they're doing on contract which they don't really give a crap about like Disaster? No.

And yet Disaster was so awesome.

duckroll

Shiggy said:
&#29694;&#22312;&#12289;&#12514;&#12494;&#12522;&#12473;&#12477;&#12501;&#12488;&#12398;&#38283;&#30330;&#37096;&#38272;&#12399;&#12289;&#65298;&#12388;&#12395;&#20998;&#12363;&#12428;&#12390;&#27083;&#25104;&#12373;&#12428;&#12390;&#12356;&#12414;&#12377;&#12290; Currently, Monolith development department is divided into two parts is composed.

One did Soma Bringer/Xenoblade, the other one worked on DS games for Namco.

Their development department might be split into two areas of focus, but there was way more than 2 teams. For example, the "Xenoblade team" has members who worked on Disaster as well as Soma Bringer. Both of which were separate teams during that period. The DS games are also developed by distinct teams. The OG Saga team had nothing whatsoever to do with the Dragonball DS RPG. Monolithsoft is capable of developing at least 3-4 titles at the same time, on multiple platforms. When a game like Xenoblade comes along, they get more resource constrained, but otherwise, it's not as simple as there being two teams.

duckroll said:

If it's a RPG that Monolithsoft cares about? Absolutely. If it's some random shit they're doing on contract which they don't really give a crap about like Disaster? No.

Whoops! I meant the other team (and since when did they have more than 2 teams?)

Edit:

Their development department might be split into two areas of focus, but there was way more than 2 teams. For example, the "Xenoblade team" has members who worked on Disaster as well as Soma Bringer. Both of which were separate teams during that period. The DS games are also developed by distinct teams. The OG Saga team had nothing whatsoever to do with the Dragonball DS RPG. Monolithsoft is capable of developing at least 3-4 titles at the same time, on multiple platforms. When a game like Xenoblade comes along, they get more resource constrained, but otherwise, it's not as simple as there being two teams.

Ahh, I must've been thinking of their 2 areas of focus. I knew I wasn't going nuts!

Shiggy

duckroll said:

Thanks for that!

duckroll

Nuclear Muffin said:
Whoops! I meant the other team (and since when did they have more than 2 teams?)

Since forever. They made Disaster, Soma Bringer, OG Saga, and Attack of the Saiyans -all at the same time-. On top of that, while working on Attack of the Saiyans, Honne and several members also did a bunch of level design for the terrible story mode in Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

duckroll

The only time Monolithsoft had only two distinct teams in the entire company was prior to 2004. This was when they had one team working on Xenosaga Ep1 (and then Xenosaga Ep2), while another team worked on Baten Kaitos (and then Baten Kaitos 2). But in 2004, they created a brand new team and hired a director from the Super Robot Wars series to helm Namco x Capcom. Since then, that team has worked on the OG Saga games on DS.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
Since forever. They made Disaster, Soma Bringer, OG Saga, and Attack of the Saiyans -all at the same time-. On top of that, while working on Attack of the Saiyans, Honne and several members also did a bunch of level design for the terrible story mode in Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
And Koh Arai and Norihiko Yonesaka have still been MIA since Brawl, I guess they could be working on something too if they're still at the company.

Kenka

Vagrant Story : Cute Edition.

Seriously, look at the tattoo in the back. We already did get that in a CastleVania game on PS2.

The Hermit

duckroll said:
Sounds like suffering is a theme in the game. Either that, or Nintendo is trolling their core fans by watching them suffer. Another tidbit: the voice on the official site says "Dying with beauty, or living with ugliness. Which would you be happier with?" Lulz.

Is this a jab at the console warz?! If so...
lbf.gif
lbf.gif
lbf.gif
lbf.gif

duckroll

jj984jj said:
And Koh Arai and Norihiko Yonesaka have still been MIA since Brawl, I guess they could be working on something too if they're still at the company.

No offense, but I hope they quit. :p

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
No offense, but I hope they quit. :p
None taken. Sometimes I wish Nintendo didn't buy the company at all, at least then the people working there could have found something else to do by now.

wsippel

Banned
Dascu said:
I suppose that turned out to be MadWorld.

But I want to believe.
Unlikely. Wasn't there some former SQEX composer who stated that he was working with Matsuno on said project a while ago?

Dascu

wsippel said:
Unlikely. Wasn't there some former SQEX composer who stated that he was working with Matsuno on said project a while ago?
Sakimoto said he was working with Matsuno on a project, and I bet that project was the Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together remake for PSP.

wsippel

Banned
Freezie KO said:
Please don't be an RPG. Can't stand RPGs.

I guess it's greedy to ask for another platformer...
Does this look or sound like a platformer? And how many platformers are rated C? RPGs usually aren't rated C either, though.

Big One

Banned
I hear it's supposed to come out on first-quarter of the year from the other thread, kind of a late reveal isn't it?

Dascu

Big One said:
I hear it's supposed to come out on first-quarter of the year from the other thread, kind of a late reveal isn't it?
This is Nintendo. They do that all the time. Announce some new games in a non-public retailer meeting, set to be released in a few months. The good news is that we'll probably get more info on this game rather soon.

Big One

Banned
Dascu said:
This is Nintendo. They do that all the time. Announce some new games in a non-public retailer meeting, set to be released in a few months. The good news is that we'll probably get more info on this game rather soon.
They don't always do that. :p Matter of fact it isn't very common, I'd say. Must be a small release. I'm really interested in what genre it's going to be personally.

kenji

maybe it will do like Xenoblade did, announcement in late January (tomorrow is one year LOL), reveal in Famitsu in mid February and beginning the marketing at the start of the new fiscal year

if it wasn't for the E3 09 Trailer we didn't even know how the game was until Famitsu

manueldelalas said:
You don't like Kirby?

I think we will probably get more DKC games...

Love Kirby. That's why it'd be greedy to ask for more. :D

wsippel said:
Does this look or sound like a platformer? And how many platformers are rated C? RPGs usually aren't rated C either, though.

It doesn't look anything like a platformer. I just thought it'd be funny to ask since it's pretty obviously not one.

Top Bottom