• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Pandora's Tower for Wii

Anoop: Tower of Pandora: Until I Return To Your Side is nearing completion, Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata revealed during the briefing, and will be released in the first half of this year.
Yeah, I don't think Monolith is involved with Pandora's Tower.

Thoraxes

Two things:

First of all, probably another game that will never make it to NA.

Second, I can't wait for all the "Nintendo has no new IP" people to forget that this game exists.

If Nintendo suddenly started working with people and made JRPGs on their own, I think I would be the happiest person ever.

apana

Here are some ideas about what the final title will be:

Metroid: Another M

Goddess of War: Pandora's Tower

Ice Climbers Wii

Phatcorns

I don't have a clue what this game is and I'm not particularly excited about it naturally.

BUT I will say I much prefer when game companies announce a game just a few months before it comes out. I don't want to think about games and get hyped for them years before their release. Fucking Versus 13 was announced 5 years ago. Five! That's not even an exaggeration. And it's probably not coming out for another year.

This way I can hear about a game, get excited, and in a few months play it. Doesn't that make more sense?

AniHawk

Sammy Samusu said:
Yeah, I don't think Monolith is involved with Pandora's Tower.

So what you're saying is that it's Quest. Man they were quiet for a long time, but I knew they were up to something!

Effect

wsippel said:
Who said anything about this being a JRPG?
True. Either way it's not leaving Japan. Can't bring myself to even be the least bit interested as a result. Well forcing myself not to be. Haven't even bothered to go the website because I know it will simply cause disappointment.

Boney

Banned
Bible Games 2.

Yeah can't get excited about a thing I know nothing about and that'll probably never see the light of day here. Oh well.

TunaLover

duckroll said:
Look what I found in the flash file....

t0e2S.png
New Testament, that´s the life of Jesus Christ.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Big One said:

You realize it's the bible right? lol

Cygnus X-1 said:
So this can be added to Xenoblade, The Last Story and Reginleiv: games that will never be brought out of Japan.

Time to start learning Japanese!

Boney said:
Bible Games 2.

Yeah can't get excited about a thing I know nothing about and that'll probably never see the light of day here. Oh well.

Yes, yes I can. Importing is a beautiful thing. :D

TunaLover

Pyrokai said:
Who are these people?!
I only know about Xenoblade, it was a gaffer who confirmed that the game is being translated to english, no more details, and the latest release list (today) it appears again Monado: Beggining of the World, but with the word "(Xenoblade)" added.

ivysaur12

Banned
TunaLover said:
Xenoblade is coming.

Don't get your hopes up.

The fact that this is announced without any developer, screens, and is going to be released in the next few months... Jeez Nintendo, at least pretend to care.

609developpeurs20101222_045059_0_big.jpg

This is the teaser from the game that Honne's working on btw. The text is actually an advertisement saying that they're hiring staff to work on the project. I don't see a tower in it though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I hate Nintendo this gen, they ignored so many good japanese games that it pretty killed all hopes of getting any of the new ones they announce.

daegan

see thread with "Nintendo" and an interesting sounding game title for the thread title ->
click thread ->
see a game that I'd be willing to try ->
see that it's coming out in Japan ->
resign myself that NOA will never bother bringing it out

rinse, repeat

farnham

Banned
hhmm nintendo really lost a lot of street credfrom gaf i feel

ofcourse youcould make the argument that their games recently werent all that hot

but its stunning that a new game gets announced and instantly its qualified in th realm of bible adventures

Dali

Thoraxes said:
Two things:

First of all, probably another game that will never make it to NA.

Second, I can't wait for all the "Nintendo has no new IP" people to forget that this game exists.

If Nintendo suddenly started working with people and made JRPGs on their own, I think I would be the happiest person ever.
Wouldn't one cancel out two? If it's not released in NA it may as well not exist for the people that say "Nintendo has no new IP". Exhibit A: Captain Rainbow.

so the story is going to be about god being a dick who doesn't want a lose a bet to satan, eh

Anyway, Nintendo keep on trollin'

MoogPaul

I feel like Nintendo has only released 2d platformers in the past 2 years for some reason. I know this is not the case, but when I try to think of games they've put out on the Wii in NA I can only come up with platformers.

Top Bottom