• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces Q1 Results - Cuts Profit Forecast 82%

Ouch.

9OtQ1.png

jcm

Jokeropia said:
This generation, Nintendo made ~$19 billion while Sony lost ~$4 billion and MS lost ~$1 billion. Having one unprofitable quarter (due to "R&D expenses and currency exchanges") is not reason to throw a hissy fit.

Also, the Pokemon game you referred to is a free promotional spin-off, similar to previous non-Nintendo system Pokemon releases such as the Pokémon PC games, the free to play online game or the cell phone game from 2006.

I'm sure Nintendo will be fine, but pretending their issues amount to one bad quarter is laughable.

markot

Banned
Wii has been in trouble for abit. Hope Nintendo learns from its mistakes. Think they got over confident on the back of the wii/ds, back to reality time.

Mrbob

David Gibson said:
Digital is where we are yet to expand and where we are aiming for, been doing trial and error so far
2 hours ago

gibbogame David Gibson
Plan very soon to announce strategy for combination of digital and packaged and synergy between the two

I want to believe this...I really do. But my faith in Nintendo with anything online related is almost zero percent.

rpmurphy

Father_Brain said:
More tweets from Gibson. A few of the points seem a bit garbled, but I guess that's what happens when you livetweet a conference like this.

gibbogame David Gibson
Wiiu is not limited to tv, is multiscreen and believe it is dramatic change from wii, believe tvs will be online and connect to smartphones
29 minutes ago
Yeah, this needs the full transcript for clarification.

Ether_Snake said:
Mobile phones, tablets, PCs, and streaming games is where it's at.

There's no turning back. All console manufacturers will either become part of that world or be left behind.

Portable gaming changing but it going to take much longer for that to happen to console gaming .
There still going to be new hardware for a while.
Nintendo mess up with 3DS , let see what they can do with Wii U .

jcm

StevieP said:
You're missing the point, it seems. How many paycuts did Balmer take for RROD? How many did Hirai take for the PSP's failure to absolutely crush the DS like everyone in the gaming media said it would?

Hirai and Stringer took a paycut last month. Ballmer had his bonus cut last year.

Disguises said:
I think this is the one you're referring to: http://youtu.be/oRrviEHeN2M (so everyone can see) "This isn't DS. This is Nintendo 3DS"

Isn't it weird how this ad doesn't show off or really mention the 3D effect at all

The US ads I've seen heavily emphasize the 3D (which I have 0 interest in, but I would think it would be a major bullet point to emphasize??)

watershed

Banned
Mrbob said:
I want to believe this...I really do. But my faith in Nintendo with anything online related is almost zero percent.
To me, even though its probably a poorly translated tweet from something Iwata actually said, its still just empty Nintendo PR talk promising better online, better digital offerings, better 3rd party support, etc. Same old, same old.

fse

artwalknoon said:
To me, even though its probably a poorly translated tweet from something Iwata actually said, its still just empty Nintendo PR talk promising better online, better digital offerings, better 3rd party support, etc. Same old, same old.

yup.

Mael

jcm said:
Hirai and Stringer took a paycut last month. Ballmer had his bonus cut last year.

huh wasn't that more related to dismall Vista's performance rather than puny RRoD on a market they never gained a cent at the time

Top Bottom