• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Zangeki no REGINLEIV (Wii), Last Window [Hotel Dusk 2] (DS)

neo2046

2010.01.20 edit:

Zangeki no REGINLEIV (Wii)
homepage http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rznj/index.html
intro video 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcG150evp1s
intro video 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826IRqC-fuw
full trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MkAPpHrYMU

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10386813688.html

Zangeki no REGINLEIV (Wii)
- Nintendo, Sandlot company
- previously known as " Dynamic Zan"
- Release Date: Feb 11, 2010
- Nintendo's first Cero D title
- Free online co-op play (max 4p)

Last Window -Mayonaka no Yakusoku- (DS)
- Nintendo, CING
- Release Date: Jan 14, 2010
- sequel of Wishroom (Hotel Dusk Room 215)
- Story is located at 1980's Los Angeles

o0210030010304765538759.jpg
o0210030010304765535.jpg

trinest

Hotel Dusk Sequel, on the DS (Another Code Wii worked well, but the game works better on DS) FUCKING SEX!

CING GAMES ARE BLOODY EPIC AND ALSO AGAIN IS ALSO GOING TO COME STATE SIDE RIGHT? SO THATS EVEN MORE EPIC.

Neo Child

Banned
i never managed to get that far on Hotel Dusk... i loved the characters and the atmosphere soo much though, just like another code before it. makes me want to play Hotel Dusk again in prep for this sequel :D

goomba

Banned
Both games sound promising :D

Once i get back home to NZ in January... ill be buying myself a shiny new Wii and DS :D

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Yay Hotel Dusk sequel!!

Also, Yay for more info about Dynamic Slash! And 4-player online co-op too, swish.

Cosmonaut X said:
Nope, not wrong - D is the highest rating (outside of the dreaded Z), isn't it?

yes, but Cero D is not so common on Wii, and particulary not so common from Nintendo...

this game might be interesting, hope we can have more info asap (screenshots at least)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
So that's what it was. :D

I guess this pretty much confirms that Rika Suzuki has little or no involvement with Again. It's dissapointing though, since Again has already been confirmed for localization, and whether or not this new game is localized probably depends on NoE.

I wonder if there's even a chance that Sandlot's game will be localized.

trinest

jj984jj said:
So that's what it was. :D

I guess this pretty much confirms that Rika Suzuki has little or no involvement with Again. It's dissapointing though, since Again has already been confirmed for localization, and whether or not this new game is localized probably depends on NoE.
What is Rika Suzuki's involvement in the games anyway?

Even if some of the team isn't involved in Again no doubt it would be a good title.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
What's up with Nintendo announcing a non-casual game 3 months in advance. They doubled their usual hype window :lol

awesome hotel dusk sequel! looking forward to curling up in bed with a new Cing game

plus i am a fan of sandlot, very keen to hopefully see some new pics of the game soon. this is great news all round :D

schuelma said:
What's up with Nintendo announcing a non-casual game 3 months in advance. They doubled their usual hype window :lol

If you're talking about Zangeki/Dynamic Slash/whatever, hasn't it technically been announced for something like 13 months already (it was first unveiled at last year's October conference)? ;-)

Luigiv

Cosmonaut X said:
Nope, not wrong - D is the highest rating (outside of the dreaded Z), isn't it?
Yep it is indeed the second highest rating. That means it should be reasonably gory.

edit: Beaten. By a long shot too :lol.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Cosmonaut X said:
If you're talking about Zangeki/Dynamic Slash/whatever, hasn't it technically been announced for something like 13 months already (it was first unveiled at last year's October conference)? ;-)

Yeah I mean like "announced" properly with actual game details and presumably screenshots coming, etc.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
trinest said:
What is Rika Suzuki's involvement in the games anyway?

Even if some of the team isn't involved in Again no doubt it would be a good title.
She's credited for the game design and scenario of the Trace Memory & Hotel Dusk games.

If Again turns out decent and has a good localization I'll probably still pick it up, but I definitely want this game.

Woo, Sandlot! Day ONE.

It's been so long since we've heard anything about their game. My Wii is waiting. Does the 4p online mean no splitscreen? Nintendo's publishing so maybe we'll get a localized version but considering NOA's recent efforts, who knows. I'm importing this if I have to though.

I feel a little better about the Hotel Dusk sequel making it over, though; how did the first one do (in Japan and US)?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I am all over a Hotel Dusk sequel.

samratty

Finally we'll start getting info on that Sandlot game! Hopefully it's as crazy as EDF
And woo, a new Hotel Dusk! Big CING fan :D

schuelma said:
Yeah I mean like "announced" properly with actual game details and presumably screenshots coming, etc.

Ah, you mean a traditional game announcement and not a Nintendo game announcement? ;-)

C.T.

TelemachusD said:
Woo, Sandlot! Day ONE.

I feel a little better about the Hotel Dusk sequel making it over, though; how did the first one do (in Japan and US)?

If my memory serves my right it was over 200k in Japan. Not sure about USA though.

Luigiv

Apparently the literal meaning to Zangeki is Killing/Beheading Hammer :D. I have high expectations for this game.

jay

Awesome, I would get both in a heartbeat if they localized them. EDF is amazing and I trust Sandlot to deliver a good game. Actually, replace EDF with Hotel Dusk and Sandlot with Cing and that's also true.

trinest

jj984jj said:
She's credited for the game design and scenario of the Trace Memory & Hotel Dusk games.

If Again turns out decent and has a good localization I'll probably still pick it up, but I definitely want this game.
Ah okay- I assume it will be fine, I doubt the team at Cing and Temco doesn't have to rely on her for those types of things for Again. It will be different then what we are used to, but Hotel Dusk 2 will keep the fans coming back.

..pakbeka.. said:
and neither of them will ever come to the americas
Welcome to Europe and Australia, Period in gaming years X to Y. Only now we are getting slightly better.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
..pakbeka.. said:
and neither of them will ever come to the americas

Well, Last Window might. I loved Hotel Dusk, so I hope it does.

As for Reginleiv, well, you never know :p

Top Bottom