• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Zangeki no REGINLEIV (Wii), Last Window [Hotel Dusk 2] (DS)

ShockingAlberto said:
He never did, like, find his partner. He just kind of let it go when he realized he misunderstood.

That's kind of a common theme of Trace Memory/Hotel Dusk, actually. First game doesn't solve the whole mystery, just changes what you thought it was.
Right, right.
Partner just left the country or something after those goons killed his sister
? Man, I should really replay the game.

VerTiGo

Banned
Nice to know that it uses motion plus. Hopefully we'll get updated info and screens and maybe a NA announcement if we're lucky. I'm still deeply annoyed that Takt of Magic didn't come over because that game had positive impressions and looked like a great game. Fuck you Reggie.

Magypsy23

Banned
VerTiGo said:
Nice to know that it uses motion plus. Hopefully we'll get updated info and screens and maybe a NA announcement if we're lucky. I'm still deeply annoyed that Takt of Magic didn't come over because that game had positive impressions and looked like a great game. Fuck you Reggie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsoREAsvRiE
421325_32.jpg

It sucks that we have to think that a game may not come over these days. Disaster was an awesome game, and I enjoyed Another Code R.

If they don't get released here I will import them also. Fatal Frame IV fan translation is like almost complete, it'll be out soon. Then you can buy a copy of the game and apply the patch...woot!

I once thought of myself as looking like Kyle Hyde many times. I even had an AIM icon of him and people asked me how I did that to my picture when I shrunk it down in black and white. lol.

So awesome, I've been waiting on news from Nintendo since E3, so it's nice to finally get some more. Dynamic Slash was a total surprise to come about now, we hadn't heard anything about it since it was revealed!

Now all we need is NoA to announce release dates for some more Wii & DS games!

trinest

neo2046 said:
someone (an insider who has gone to the retailer conference today) has posted some details about Last Window [Hotel Dusk 2]
but I am ready to sleep now
who can do the favor to translate some of the main points ?
goodnight :)

http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1257954107/913n-919
(from the Nintendo thread at 2ch)
I would rather a professional translation but using Google translate it seems to talk more about the game been more polished then the previous title.

How did I miss this thread?

Hotel Dusk 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES PLEASE.

Now freaking release Trace Memory R NoA.

dani_dc

Very nice, I haven't finished HD yet (got stuck in the part where the women went to eat, I'm sure I'm missing something incredibly obvious but yeah), but I really liked the game so far.

It's great to see the game out and for DS (wasn't a fan of AC Wii, prefer to play this kind of games on a handheld).

duckroll

ivysaur12 said:
What's the next game that you're looking forward to? I'll gladly destroy its sales :lol

Remind me to avoid all Hotel Dusk 2 threads

I was looking forward to AC2. But then my 360 broke and I don't think I want to get it on the PS3. So..... my world has already been destroyed. :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
duckroll said:
I was looking forward to AC2. But then my 360 broke and I don't think I want to get it on the PS3. So..... my world has already been destroyed. :(
I have the gut feeling AC2 is going to sell far less then AC1, but I may just be very out of touch right now with everything due to life and such.

duckroll

I'm going to take a stab at the Last Window impressions, since no one else seems to have bothered translating it.

Basically the retailer staffer posting about the game gives a rundown on the new features of the sequel, while talking about various interface improvements from the first game. In general the game is very similar to the original in terms of visual and audio style, and fans of the original will feel right at home. The game takes place a year after the original, and is set in 1980 in Los Angeles. The setting of the sequel is in the Cape West Apartments. The story in the sequel stands alone from the previous games, even though there might be connections that fans of the original can pick up on. Those who have not played the original will not feel particularly lost in this game.

The main character is still Kyle, and he's still a dick. It's all good though, because fans will probably not have it any other way. There are two major additions to the sequel he mentions. One is the ignore function. In the original game, progression is pretty much always made when you butt into other people's problems in conversations, etc. In the sequel, more attention will have to be paid when you decide whether you want to butt in or to ignore something, because there is a possibility of getting a game over if you butt into everything. At least, that's what I think he's saying.

As for the other major feature, there is a novel inside the game called "Last Window" as well. It is a companion piece to the game, and a chapter unlocks each time you clear a story chapter. The novel will touch in various sub-scenarios which flesh out the events of the game outside of Kyle's immediate adventure, and involves the overall setting in the game and the other characters. Apparently the contents of the novel (which I assume is actually being 'written' as you play the game) is influenced by your choices in the game itself, so there is replay value in trying to discover all the "variations" in the novel.

He also mentions that the game supports the rumble cart, and that it has 3 save slots. There is no detailed report on Reginleiv yet, but he will put one up later tonight. He mentions the game supports both Motion+ as well as the classic controller and that it is a surprisingly violent game. You can target the heads and limbs of enemies in the game, and slice off both heads and limbs complete with blood effects. It definitely earns the CERO D rating. The setting of the game is an EDF style action game pitting young deities against a race of giants. The free online play is for co-op, and supports up to 4 players. There will be weapon customization, featuring over 300 different weapons.

goomba

Banned
duckroll said:
There is no detailed report on Reginleiv yet, but he will put one up later tonight. He mentions the game supports both Motion+ as well as the classic controller and that it is a surprisingly violent game. You can target the heads and limbs of enemies in the game, and slice off both heads and limbs complete with blood effects. It definitely earns the CERO D rating. The setting of the game is an EDF style action game pitting young deities against a race of giants. The free online play is for co-op, and supports up to 4 players. There will be weapon customization, featuring over 300 different weapons.

Sweet! :)

CiSTM

Banned
malingenie said:
I do so crave Hotel Dusk sequel I am planning on getting my mom a DS and my #1 choice for add-on game will be the original Hotel Dusk. (She loved the earlier King Quest, Space Quest, etc games)

I do like Hotel Dusk but it's really nothing like old adventure games. It has more of an visual novel approach like most of the JP adventure games. Good game but it just isn't so much a like with western adventure games.

duckroll

Amir0x said:
Shoulda asked if there was an option to speed up text in the Hotel Dusk 2. Killed the first for me.

I think he does mention that the message speed seems to be faster than before. But it should be noted that what they usually do at retailer meetings is to have a demo cart for the attendees to try out, and given the short amount of time, it's not always ideal for getting the most detailed technical impressions for the options in the game and the settings.

I had almost given up hope for a Hotel Dusk style game, and then this sequel unexpectedly drops! YES! AGAIN ds looks OK, but I'd rather have more HD than that. I just LOVE the style and atmosphere. I remember we had a lot of fun in the Hotel Dusk thread years back. Looking forward to more Kyle Hyde :D

The main character is still Kyle, and he's still a dick. It's all good though, because fans will probably not have it any other way. There are two major additions to the sequel he mentions. One is the ignore function. In the original game, progression is pretty much always made when you butt into other people's problems in conversations, etc. In the sequel, more attention will have to be paid when you decide whether you want to butt in or to ignore something, because there is a possibility of getting a game over if you butt into everything. At least, that's what I think he's saying.
I know a lot of people had issues with the gameover sections in the original but I felt it added to experience and made you cautious about what you said. This time around it seems you have to be cautious about who you actually talk to at a given point. This could turn out really well, or you might have a lot more game over screens.

The Last Window novel thing reminds me a little bit of Lost Odyssey's A Thousand Year of Dreams...at least conceptually, which is cool.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
duckroll said:
He mentions the game supports both Motion+ as well as the classic controller and that it is a surprisingly violent game. You can target the heads and limbs of enemies in the game, and slice off both heads and limbs complete with blood effects. It definitely earns the CERO D rating. The setting of the game is an EDF style action game pitting young deities against a race of giants. The free online play is for co-op, and supports up to 4 players. There will be weapon customization, featuring over 300 different weapons.

Sounds pretty good :D

Damn I hope we get to play as that chick in the trailer from the October Conference. Her with that blunt look on her face, she looked kick ass!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
GODDAMIT.

I read the thread title as "Nintendo announces Zelda no REGINLEIV (Wii)". I was thinking to myself: "I dunno what the fuck REGINLEIV is, but FUCK YESSSS."

*sigh*

duckroll said:
He mentions the game supports both Motion+ as well as the classic controller and that it is a surprisingly violent game. You can target the heads and limbs of enemies in the game, and slice off both heads and limbs complete with blood effects. It definitely earns the CERO D rating. The setting of the game is an EDF style action game pitting young deities against a race of giants. The free online play is for co-op, and supports up to 4 players. There will be weapon customization, featuring over 300 different weapons.
I. Want. This.

Azure J

omg.kittens said:
GODDAMIT.

I read the thread title as "Nintendo announces Zelda no REGINLEIV (Wii)". I was thinking to myself: "I dunno what the fuck REGINLEIV is, but FUCK YESSSS."

*sigh*

:lol :lol :lol

CO_Andy

Amir0x said:
Shoulda asked if there was an option to speed up text in the Hotel Dusk 2. Killed the first for me.
If you don't mind dabbing into flash carts then there is a cheat available to view the on-screen text instantly instead of having to wait for it to scroll.

duckroll

The guy was supposed to post a more in-depth report on Reginleiv yesterday, but he didn't. Hopefully he finds the time to do it over the weekend.

Top Bottom