• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Zangeki no REGINLEIV (Wii), Last Window [Hotel Dusk 2] (DS)

I cannot believe how damn good Zangeki looks graphically. :O

It definitely is giving me an Oblivion vibe:

2l5awy.jpg

upandaway

Can anyone fill me in on Regisomething? Is it part of something or a standalone thing? Anything unique to get excited for besides being a new game?

upandaway said:
Can anyone fill me in on Regisomething? Is it part of something or a standalone thing? Anything unique to get excited for besides being a new game?

It's by Sandlot.

It's new IP.

It's basically Earth Defence Force (look it up) set in Norse Mythology.

You play as one of two gods facing giants.

You can use Motion Plus to cut of their heads and limbs and the game even has a D (M) rating.

You have access to 300+ weapons.

And there's free 4P Online Co-op.

I imaging I'd get super tired playing it. Still easily one of my most anticipated games of next year. I may actually double dip for once, anything to give another EDF a chance.

pitt_norton

Zangeki no REGINLEIV... This is the shit I want to play on Wii!

Good job NOJ!

NOA bound to fuck it up... they seem to forget the PR line of Nintendo is an "and/or" company.

So I leave it to hope for NOE to pick up the western slack. Disaster and Another Code say hello.

ReyVGM

God damn the name of this game. Every time I read it I think it says "REGINLE IV", as in REGINLE #4.
If the name were Reginliev this wouldn't happening.

Hero of Legend said:
It's by Sandlot.

It's new IP.

It's basically Earth Defence Force (look it up) set in Norse Mythology.

You play as one of two gods facing giants.

You can use Motion Plus to cut of their heads and limbs and the game even has a D (M) rating.

You have access to 300+ weapons.

And there's free 4P Online Co-op.
1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

I'll probably check out the WiiMote setup for a while, but M+ seems really tiring for a game (that looks) as essentially repetitive as EDF. Since you can also use the classic controller, I hope there's an EDF 2 style layout where you never have to take your thumbs off the sticks.

rpmurphy

Slicing up stuff in Wii Sports Resort was one of the best things ever. It's great to know someone's already making an action (RPG?) game with that kind of thing. :D

rpmurphy said:
Slicing up stuff in Wii Sports Resort was one of the best things ever. It's great to know someone's already making an action (RPG?) game with that kind of thing. :D

It's not an RPG, it may look like one at first glance with the usual JRPG setting/theme and all, but it's actually an Action game, it's like Earth Defence Force as it's by the same people.

Surgeon Rocket said:
Please localize this

They better. I hate having to import. So far I imported Disaster & Another Code from Europe, and then Captain Rainbow, Let's Tap, and Tatsunoko VS Capcom from Japan.

I just ordered Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse from Play-Asia, and the fan translation patch is almost finished!

I guess I could import if I have to but I would rather know if the game is coming to the US first, lol.

Hang on, could THIS be the Fall Conference in Minna no NC form? These are part 1 videos, and end with the beginning of the 2010 line-up. :O

duckroll

Hero of Legend said:
Hang on, could THIS be the Fall Conference in Minna no NC form? These are part 1 videos, and end with the beginning of the 2010 line-up. :O

No. :p

There are just two different reels for DS and Wii, featuring different titles which are either already out or coming out. Both reels end with the same 2010 sneak peaks. There's nothing new announced in these trailers, since they're clearly Winter catalog titles.

JDSN

Banned
It looks like the translation could take a little job to get it done, shame, I was looking forward to play this.

GC|Simon said:
I really want REGINLEIV here in Europe. But since it's pretty bloody and since it's NoE... :-/

...the same NoE who have been publishing third party titles like Trauma Center and Zack & Wiki, who brought over Disaster, Another Code and oddities like Tingle DS, and who seem to be far more in tune with NCL than NoA? I'd say that if there is any chance of this arriving in the West, it will be thanks to NoE.

[Nintex]

Cosmonaut X said:
...the same NoE who have been publishing third party titles like Trauma Center and Zack & Wiki, who brought over Disaster, Another Code and oddities like Tingle DS, and who seem to be far more in tune with NCL than NoA? I'd say that if there is any chance of this arriving in the West, it will be thanks to NoE.
Well if Nintendo is going to change their overall software strategy(which Iwata hinted at during that long investors QA) NOA and NoE will just have to follow NCL's lead. It looks like they should've developed a title like REGINLEIV more often.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic because I think Reginleiv looks great, but NOA has to know that this could improve their image and fill a gaping hole in the Wii's software line-up. Not that I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't show up here, but I'm hopeful.

GC|Simon

Cosmonaut X said:

Yeah, but all your games are more family-oriented. I simply can't imagine that NoE is going to publish a PEGI / USK 18+ title. At least not here in Germany.

duckroll

GC|Simon said:
Yeah, but all your games are more family-oriented. I simply can't imagine that NoE is going to publish a PEGI / USK 18+ title. At least not here in Germany.

Why the hell would this be a PEGI 18+ title? It's 15+ at most.

GC|Simon

I think it's CERO D (which is as far as I know 17+) in Japan? PEGI might give a 17+, but the USK will never ever give a rating below 18.

duckroll said:
Why the hell would this be a PEGI 18+ title? It's 15+ at most.

to be fair, it's a USK 18 for sure (if it doesn't even get "banned" in germany...)
pegi is 15+ at most though

edit: beaten

GC|Simon said:
I think it's CERO D (which is as far as I know 17+) in Japan? PEGI might give a 17+, but the USK will never ever give a rating below 18.

It is a CERO D, and that almost certainly will translate to a PEGI 16+ in most of Europe. Disaster: Day of Crisis - published by NoE - was also a PEGI 16+.

duckroll

CERO D doesn't really mean anything on its own. You can't convert a rating directly. The game might be bloody, but it's also fantasy. You're fighting monsters of huge sizes and stuff. There's nothing realistic about it.

elrohir

Neo Member
Bild_2.png

Esper Exodus from FFXII ? :)

I really like the new footage. The graphix look great and the music is just wonderful...

Top Bottom