• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Zelda: Breath of the Wild season pass, $20, contents detailed

Which part of the Zelda season pass are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/201...gend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-1191606.html

H2x1_NSwitch_TheLegendOfZeldaBreathOfTheWild_DLC_enGB_image912w.jpg

Starting when the game launches on 3rd March, players will be able to purchase an Expansion Pass for £17.99/€19.99, granting access to two new sets of downloadable content for the game when they become available later this year. Immediately upon pre-purchase or purchase of the Expansion Pass, three new Treasure Chests will appear in the game's Great Plateau area. One of these Treasure Chests will contain a shirt with a Nintendo Switch logo which Link can wear during his adventure, exclusive to the Expansion Pass. The other two Treasure Chests will deliver useful items. The first content pack is scheduled to launch this summer and will include the addition of a Cave of Trials challenge, a new hard mode and a new feature for the in-game map. The second content pack will launch in Holiday 2017, and adds new challenges that will let players enjoy a new dungeon and a new original story. The Expansion Pass will be available for both the Nintendo Switch and Wii U versions of the game and are identical. Content packs cannot be purchased individually.

wy7XCoA.png

Oregano

I actually never expected them to do DLC for Breath of the Wild.

Price seems a bit high.:/

EDIT: That art is hot though.

Just saw this on twitter.

Here's hoping it's good value for money. Should be interesting to see if the DLC story is integrated into the main game, or is done as a post-end game affair.

KeRaSh

Please Nintendo don't let Hard mode be behind DLC, the rest is fine for me

It does sound like that, though... Hopefully theres a regular hard mode in the base game and this DLC hard mode is basically a very hard mode. Anything else would be a dick move to be honest.

Fliesen

Weird that the season pass wouldn't even be bundled with the "Limited collector's edition".

I mean, i get Nintendo - if they can't realistically create all that huge of a number of copies sold - they can at least try to milk their customers for those extra 20 bucks.

Totally gonna buy that season pass. I hope the extra content is good and not half-assed.

A switch shirt for the Wii U version too? hahahahah this will be interesting

Kinda expecting DLC tbh, but Nintendo has done it right in the past so it's ok

Weird that the season pass wouldn't even be bundled with the "Limited collector's edition". .

It's FFXV all over again u.u

Seems well priced I guess. Doesn't seem like the amount of content one would expect from a season pass, but simultaneously doesn't cost as much as they usually do.

Kinda dumb to lock a difficulty behind it though. What the fuck.

A switch shirt for the Wii U version too? hahahahah this will be interesting

Kinda expecting DLC tbh, but Nintendo has done it right in the past so it's ok
Smash Bros. Wii U was the complete opposite of doing DLC right.

espher

If it's closer to the MK8 or Hyrule Warriors DLC packs, the value will be there.

If it's closer to the Fire Emblem: Awakening DLC... eh...

Kinsei

Banned
The new self contained dungeon and story sound interesting.

Locking hard mode behind DLC is fucking ridiculous.

I actually brought this up in a previous thread. Considering how much time Nintendo has spent designing developing this world I could see them releasing additional quests in the coming months / years.

JoeInky

Season pass for a zelda game?

oh dear.

Cave of Trials should have just been a sidequest in the main game really like it was in TP and WW and a hard mode should be an unlockable diffculty.

Not going to support this, may buy the separate story DLC when it releases but there's no way I'm going to start buying season passes even if I do like zelda.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Oh, look. Announcing DLCs before release. Nintendo got with the times. So cute. Mostly up to date with the bad habits of the industry (pay for online, save content for DLCs), but still cute.

Weird that the season pass wouldn't even be bundled with the "Limited collector's edition".

I mean, i get Nintendo - if they can't realistically create all that huge of a number of copies sold - they can at least try to milk their customers for those extra 20 bucks.

Totally gonna buy that season pass. I hope the extra content is good and not half-assed.

Why would Nintendo half ass the content for Zelda?

People want Nintendo to 'get with the times' well here you go.

I hope I see a lot of posts saying "finally Nintendo it only took you so many years to catch up to Sony and MS!"

Vuze

That shirt certainly is immersive af.
Second part sounds good, locking hard mode behind a pay wall is scummy.

Mithos

Thank you Nintendo you did the choice for me, won't be buying the game until GOTY edition that includes all this stuff on the gamecard.

NSESN

It does sound like that, though... Hopefully there a regular hard mode in the base game and this DLC hard mode is basically a very hard mode. Anything else would be a dick move to be honest.

I don't care when they lock hard mode behind beating the game, but this definitely would be bad. Good thing the rest of the DLC seems fine, so I would buy anyway, but I am sure there are people that wouldn't.

while the first pack seems pretty boring, the new story of the second pack could be interesting! And since it's holiday 2017, there's enough time to create something good, hope it will be a real and long expansion like witcher 3

still, pretty disappointed to see DLC for zelda... it will probably be the same for the new mario

Top Bottom