• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Badge Arcade |OT| Gotta Grab 'em All

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Camilla's badge is intentionally difficult being on the edge and so close to another badge like that. Damnit.

Oh and congrats Metsallica and L.O.R.D.!

Everyone, remember that the Badge Arcade goes into maintenance for several hours, starting in about... an hour.

pHand

JoeM86

Sorry for the delay. Update was at 2am but I went straight back to bed.

This week, in Japan

Kirby Triple Deluxe

r2AGsMq.png
h1ziLqW.png
oL317Ii.png
oL317Ii.png

Pokémon

kAG7EBh.png
dpfYYY6.png
qR80qz5.png
cPxOLws.png
WSAUb6t.png

mclem

Something I never expected to see in a Nintendo game:

mlFoChs.png

A Newcastle accent.

Seriously, the localisation for the UK is superb.

WPS

Something I never expected to see in a Nintendo game:

mlFoChs.png

A Newcastle accent.

Seriously, the localisation for the UK is superb.

Well, it is fitting considering Newcastle's bus system is called the Toon Link.

I don't remember seeing that though, I think I must have gone down a different dialogue path.

Miroku129

I disagree. This is Nintendo at their absolute, most cynical worst: no discounts for multiple plays, no guaranteed wins, frequently shoddy physics, ridiculous machine setups, and "good" badges always hidden under a mountain of garbage badges to ensure that you'll have to pay to get them (unless you get really lucky with the red super play badge).

More adventures in bomb bullshittery: https://youtu.be/bI1A7wjn9bI?t=2m13s

^^^This

ohlawd

I just had to get all the FE badges. I fucking suck, so I spent about $10 CAD >_>

did we get MH badges yet? I know Japan did.

illusionary

Is there any way in-'game' to see what the bonus theme looks like prior to purchase? I've not been able to find any way, but might have missed something.

Cherubae

Is there any way in-'game' to see what the bonus theme looks like prior to purchase? I've not been able to find any way, but might have missed something.

In the Japanese version you can press A when in front of the Theme Shop to see an explanation of the current promo theme. In the North American version you just have to wait until the badge description dialogs on the bottom screen switches. I don't know how the EU version works though.

Seigyoku

Now, after missing who knows how many adorable Pikachu badges I would have paid real money for, I FINALLY have a new SD card. And because my data needed fixing, Bunny (who is very sorry about this) is repeating every single tutorial...

Sigh.

illusionary

In the Japanese version you can press A when in front of the Theme Shop to see an explanation of the current promo theme. In the North American version you just have to wait until the badge description dialogs on the bottom screen switches. I don't know how the EU version works though.

Thanks - pressing A doesn't work on the EU version (that's what I'd been trying), but I'll try just waiting for it to cycle when I visit for tomorrow's practice run.

Edit: yep, that's the way that it works on the EU version too.

I'm very much liking that we have Wind Waker HD badges up for the EU at the moment - the only problem is that there's so many that choosing which to go for becomes a bit tricky!

I love that the claw can get stuck (either carrying to the badge, or just going down at a weird angle) to the point where it says "Fuck Physics", lets go of everything, and doesn't even touch anything on the way back to resetting, but it STILL eats a play. That's fun.

Happened to me again on the AC one with Isabelle and the Dice Block (I swear Isabelle is intentionally placed in the worst spots to eat plays). It caught a claw between two circles, and just got stuck like that. I'm not even sure entirely how.

pHand

Today's NA practice machine, courtesy of games tuthinoko: https://youtu.be/VNYu6llH8d0

I was an idiot and wasted two turns before realizing the center was there for a reason. The video also has tips for some of the other bomb machines that popped up today. Fittingly, this week's NA bonus theme is underwater Mario.

Today's NA practice machine, courtesy of games tuthinoko: https://youtu.be/VNYu6llH8d0

I was an idiot and wasted two turns before realizing the center was there for a reason. The video also has tips for some of the other bomb machines that popped up today. Fittingly, this week's NA bonus theme is underwater Mario.

Wait, walls don't block bomb blasts? I had no idea...

I only got like 4 practice badges. :<

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I disagree. This is Nintendo at their absolute, most cynical worst: no discounts for multiple plays, no guaranteed wins, frequently shoddy physics, ridiculous machine setups, and "good" badges always hidden under a mountain of garbage badges to ensure that you'll have to pay to get them (unless you get really lucky with the red super play badge).

More adventures in bomb bullshittery: https://youtu.be/bI1A7wjn9bI?t=2m13s
so you've never seen or played a crane game before?

Chorazin

The Japanese version is godlike right now, all those MonHun and Pokemon badges!!

Spent surprisingly little to get all the FE ones on the US version, maybe $4?

JoeM86

The Japanese version is godlike right now, all those MonHun and Pokemon badges!!

Spent surprisingly little to get all the FE ones on the US version, maybe $4?

Every panel is ending tonight. That never happens in Japan, typically the latest ones last two weeks.

Big stuff is coming tomorrow. We know Mega Man, but Pokémon is likely...

JoeM86

Can someone with a US 3DS do me a favour and let me know what new badges are live for Pokémon, because this is happening

CcDXwy_W0AAcKm7.jpg

JoeM86

Np,sorry for the phone picture,I am away from home and can't export screen shots to PC.

It's completely fine :)

With all badges disappearing tonight in Japan, I have a fear I'm going to have my work cut out for me tonight.

Though thankfully Mega Man is calming the fear a little

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Know what would've been cool to see as badges? Sprites from the original Pokemon game. I want 8-bit Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow as a badge.

JoeM86

Know what would've been cool to see as badges? Sprites from the original Pokemon game. I want 8-bit Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow as a badge.

I have been very disappointed with the badges we've been getting for Pokémon.

Last month, they promised Pokémon Campaign Month to celebrate the 20th anniversary. All we've had are further ones of the same style (including the start of multiple Vivillon sets...that'll be fun -_-)

Where are the Red/Green sprites? Where are the badge badges?

I was hoping for a huge Pokémon blowout with cool retro badges

Stage On

Wish they would time the theme bonus better.

I just blew nearly $20 in order to get all the new Pokemon badges so I'm not going to be in a mood to splurge more money on this game for a while.

n64coder

oh no, please why did I click this thread, I don't need the addiction on my japanese 3DS too...

It's a good thing I don't care. I just play and take whatever I can get for free. I don't care about being a completionist.

That said, I will spend my free plays on the Zelda badges if they're available since that's my favorite series.

Top Bottom