• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Badge Arcade |OT| Gotta Grab 'em All

maxcriden

From today's weekly download PR (thanks L~A!):

- Nintendo Badge Arcade Anniversary Sale – Save big in the Nintendo Badge Arcade game this week. Let’s celebrate the first anniversary of the Nintendo Badge Arcade game with a sale on game plays. Nintendo Badge Arcade is a fun-filled, free-to-start, crane machine game that challenges you to collect badges from popular games to customize your Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu. Game plays are used to play the game. From Nov. 10 to Nov. 17, you can purchase plays for up to 50 percent off the regular price. You can also get four free plays during the week—two free plays on Thursday, Nov. 10, and another two free plays on Monday, Nov. 14. So be sure stop by and check it out. The sale starts on Nov. 10 at 3 a.m. PT and runs until Nov. 17 at 2:59 a.m. PT. Game play purchases do not apply towards My Nintendo rewards. For more information, go to: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/nintendo-badge-arcade-3ds

pHand

So, this is interesting. I rage quit on my last play yesterday after I purchased 5 plays and, as usual, got jack shit from it. I held the power button and put the 3DS away in disgust. I started the game up again today, and to my surprise, the Arcade Bunny appeared and told me that I didn't finish my game yesterday. He reiterated his boss's no-refunds policy but said that, just this once, he'd let me play again, and I got my 5 free plays back.

Once this sale ends, though, I think I'm done buying plays, which I've barely bought lately anyway. I've long since run out of room to put badges, and unless Badge Arcade gets ported to Switch, I just feel like I won't be playing my 3DS that much longer in the future to "enjoy" the badges.

L~A

From today's weekly download PR (thanks L~A!):

- Nintendo Badge Arcade Anniversary Sale – Save big in the Nintendo Badge Arcade game this week. Let’s celebrate the first anniversary of the Nintendo Badge Arcade game with a sale on game plays. Nintendo Badge Arcade is a fun-filled, free-to-start, crane machine game that challenges you to collect badges from popular games to customize your Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu. Game plays are used to play the game. From Nov. 10 to Nov. 17, you can purchase plays for up to 50 percent off the regular price. You can also get four free plays during the week—two free plays on Thursday, Nov. 10, and another two free plays on Monday, Nov. 14. So be sure stop by and check it out. The sale starts on Nov. 10 at 3 a.m. PT and runs until Nov. 17 at 2:59 a.m. PT. Game play purchases do not apply towards My Nintendo rewards. For more information, go to: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/nintendo-badge-arcade-3ds

Actually, Europe get similar sale. Today until November 18th, 50% off per plays... but 2 free plays per day.

EU > NA something fierce this time...

Toad.T

Banned
(Wow, does nobody care about the service anymore? This is a big bump)

So in celebration of Zelda's 30th, there's some crossover badges that have been made. Isabelle as Link, Nikki as Zelda, that sort of thing. But we also have a collaboration that's... well, just look.

tumblr_oilq4uayeP1s2z1y6o6_400.jpg

Yes, that is Wario as the Majora's Mask moon.
Yes, this is the greatest badge to come out of this service.
Yes, you need this badge as soon as it comes out in NA/EU.

I just follow that Twitter account that says what the day's badges are and then log in when Rhythm Heaven shows up. Or Pushmo, at the moment, since I still need a good Pushmo badge for my Pushmo folder.

pHand

Since Joe's been busy with S&M stuff, if you want to find the Japanese updates you can visit this blog: http://hibigamebiyori.blog.fc2.com/

I wonder how much longer they'll update the game? They definitely have higher-res versions of the badges ready, so I can see them porting to Switch. The only question is if they'd allow us to transfer the badges we already won.

(Wow, does nobody care about the service anymore? This is a big bump)

So in celebration of Zelda's 30th, there's some crossover badges that have been made. Isabelle as Link, Nikki as Zelda, that sort of thing. But we also have a collaboration that's... well, just look.

tumblr_oilq4uayeP1s2z1y6o6_400.jpg

Yes, that is Wario as the Majora's Mask moon.
Yes, this is the greatest badge to come out of this service.
Yes, you need this badge as soon as it comes out in NA/EU.
I have never missed a day since it launched. Closing in on 5K badges.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
In honor of the Switch presentation, there's a BUNCH of those pixel console/handheld badges available, including some new ones like Gamecube & Wii U.

There's even a badge of the top loader NES with ROB.

Yep, that's exactly what it is.

I was so excited when I went through the preamble with Baito-kun only to be greeted with 2 new sets. Oh well. Hope there will be more throughout the week. Glad he went Fanbunny with the Switch hype, though!

Mirk

This family computer set is getting to me! I have dropped 15 plays on this one and I can't for the life of me get the controller or rob and nes one. There is no way to grab them. GRRR

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This family computer set is getting to me! I have dropped 15 plays on this one and I can't for the life of me get the controller or rob and nes one. There is no way to grab them. GRRR
DON'T try to grab them. Use the left claw arm to push the edge of the box to "roll" it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OMG, WHY ARE THERE MORE PIXEL BADGES

There's a bunch of Game Boy games, Super Famicom & accessories like the mouse & Super Scope, & Super Famicom games.

JoeM86

Since Joe's been busy with S&M stuff, if you want to find the Japanese updates you can visit this blog: http://hibigamebiyori.blog.fc2.com/

I wonder how much longer they'll update the game? They definitely have higher-res versions of the badges ready, so I can see them porting to Switch. The only question is if they'd allow us to transfer the badges we already won.

Yeah sorry. I kind of fell out of the funk with this thread due to Sun & Moon. I'll start posting again :)

For a gallery of all the ones since I last posted here: http://imgur.com/a/yne9S

Just had a really weird bug with the practice catcher, I dropped a badge off to the side, and it did the animation for it falling down, but there was no sound and no number popped up. When I dropped the next one down the number went up by two. I wonder what the hell happened down there.

They need to finish the (non pixel) Eevee series so my wife can have the complete set on her 3DS home screen.

So weird they do so many of them ages ago then just leave the last 2 (I think) in limbo.

JoeM86

They need to finish the (non pixel) Eevee series so my wife can have the complete set on her 3DS home screen.

So weird they do so many of them ages ago then just leave the last 2 (I think) in limbo.

They're doing generations in order. They did Kanto, then Kalos, then Johto, then Hoenn and now they're doing Sinnoh. Just Unova and Alola after that

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Man I really hope they carry this over to the Switch. Really fun way to customize the system.

batfax

Man I really hope they carry this over to the Switch. Really fun way to customize the system.

Me too. Really hoping the OS looking pretty plain doesn't end up making it a "no fun allowed" type deal. I love how much crap I can do with my 3DS.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Where is this stuff in the US? C'mon, Nintendo!
TODAY!

Also oh god, so I spent $4, it was doing the transition slide to the part where it shows all the badges I gotten, then the game froze & it said something happened where it had to restart the system........BUT THANK GOD, it saved the badges just before the game got locked.

& I am now 4 badges short of a whopping 2,000.

JoeM86

Sorry guys. Fell off the routine again

This week, in Japan

Pokémon

j4wuts0.png
rMMzd2Y.png
zsyyk7p.png
RpESF8n.png

Animal Crossing

hg5KBc2.png
2UOrChU.png
hjbBybB.png
3x3jTYA.png

Also, today, Baito held a special Badge Arcade Direct

I947iwL.png

In it, he revealed, directly to us, a new game - Crazy Galaxy

ZiQRyGG.png
og6jTJ1.png
yHq25sM.png

Obviously this is an April Fools :p

Crazy Galaxy

WdeVssQ.png
74kmSe7.png
J0JzM6l.png
wMxMM0E.png
8P6AgVd.png
3XvOm57.png

EloNoolah

This is the worst April Fool's joke imaginable because I would absolutely play a weird outer space RPG(?) with character designs by Ko Takeuchi that inexplicably stars Ashley

Zubz

Banned
WVW69kCnCJo2OGzq6B

KRILL ME NOW

How?

This is the worst April Fool's joke imaginable because I would absolutely play a weird outer space RPG(?) with character designs by Ko Takeuchi that inexplicably stars Ashley

Plenty of things started as April Fools jokes. Case in point...

akuma.jpg

Technically Akuma may not have been a direct result of the Shen Long April Fools joke in EGM, but there's a good chance he was. Gouken definitely was, but who needs him when you have the OG? If enough people make a ruckus, this might happen. Besides, didn't Nintendo promise new IP's in the near future? Maybe this is testing the waters.

Top Bottom