• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo books 299-seat Theatre at E3 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Update: Most likely the room they have used in the past for dev roundtables. This is the first time it has appeared in booth listings however, as far as I know.

e3-2015_nintendo-thearnr4z.png

This theatre business of Nintendo was first brought up in my initial E3 2015 thread, but when the listing (which simply stated Theatre) disappeared from the site, I thought the plans had been cancelled and didn't think much more of it. But now the listing has reappeared in the exhibitor list (image reference) and now states "Permanent Meeting Rooms - Theatre" which provides a bit more info than before. It tells that this is most likely Theatre 411, which is also the only meeting room that has the designation Theatre, the main theatre at LACC. I do not know what company utilized this theatre last year (it was marked as reserved), but to give an idea on where it is located, here are the floor plans (from E3 2014) of it:

Theatre specifications:

Square Feet: 3,940
Ceiling Height: 15’8”
Classroom (a): 299 Fixed Seating
Rear screen projection: Yes

Source: http://lacclink.s3.amazonaws.com/doc/MEETING-ROOMS-concoursehall.pdf

In July last year, the theatre was completely remodelled to accomodate a wide variety of current and next-generation technology options. Hopefully the images below are up to date, but I haven't been able to confirm when they were shot, so they could be showing how the theatre used to look. Regardless, the images ought to provide an idea of how this meeting space functions.

Additionally, Nintendo has reserved booths 4822, 5244 and 5644 in West Hall. The E3 2015 floor plans are currently not available for public view, though a preliminary version can be accessed here if you have the right password.

Images

Courtesy of Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board

e3-2015_nintendo-theac4upo.png

e3-2015_nintendo-thea3zu6k.png

e3-2015_nintendo-theakyu8p.png

e3-2015_nintendo-thean0u9d.png

e3-2015_nintendo-theatfuqy.png

Source: http://www.vtour.govtour.com/xplorit.php?tid=30595

What do you think Nintendo could be doing here? Maybe a Splatoon or Super Smash Bros. tournament, a lesser press conference, showing a teaser of some film/series project (The Legend of Zelda), or maybe demonstrating a new Metroid game?

From time of writing this, we are approximately 123 days away from E3 2015.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Looks spacious. Seems to be a more formal room, probably a presentation or demo of sorts.

1 seat for every wii u owner lololol

qko

B-b-b-b-but Nintendo hasn't done a conference at E3 the last 2 years, meaning that Nintendo hasn't been at E3 the last two years!!!!

/s

If this is the one I think it is, Square Enix utilized this meeting room a couple of years on the bounce... the original FF14 had its first info blow-out there. When Square used it, it was during the show itself, so a lot of people were busy with other appointments and it wasn't anywhere near full. It's changed significantly since then based on the pics, but, yeah. It's been used past E3s.

I'm fairly sure Nintendo has used it as well, as I remember walking past it one year and seeing Nintendo people on a desk outside with an invite list.

Thing is, the meeting rooms are just as often for retailers, analysts and buyers and things (Microsoft for instance fills a meeting room every year with a fake shop, complete with game cases on the shelves, demo pods etc to show store owners what their Xbox sections could look like), so this may well be something the internet will never see.

Squishy3

It could simply be their QoL product they are going to unveil this year?
I don't think there's going to be a big focus of it at E3. They might talk about it but I think revealing that would be better suited for something like CES or a similar event dedicated to consumer electronics.

AmyS

-Zelda U Trailer + new gameplay

-QoL

-Concept behind Nintendo OS but no actual 3DS or Wii U successor hardware yet.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Oh just realized, wouldn't it be for the press like they did for the Code Steam reveal?

Volotaire

A larger scale roundtable or just the usual roundtable (I have no idea of the number of people attending the normal roundtables in previous E3's). They have a lot of software they will want to go in depth at this year's E3.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
OMG MOTHER 4 CONFIRMED HOLY SHIT MEGATON MY BODY IS READY

It's for their yearly round table.
Seems reasonable, but I don't remember them using a space this big before.

Don't they book this place for roundtables? Like they did with Smash and Codename STEAM last year?
Could be, but this has never been stated in the exhibitor list before.

TheMoon

-Zelda U Trailer + new gameplay

-QoL

-Concept behind Nintendo OS but no actual 3DS or Wii U successor hardware yet.

This is for their developer roundtables. This is not for a press conference.

QoL is a health device that monitors your sleep. It will never be discussed at the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

This looks the same theater, or at least the same sized theater, as where they've done post-E3 roundtables or minor events focused on single platforms/games in the past.

NotLiquid

Seems like a roundtable room, but a bit bigger in scale. Probably the standard "closed door" presentations but bigger. QoL?

fred

Maybe they've got it to provide a platform for the shitloads of third party support they're getting this year..?

*Cries*

I'd love them to do the same thing they did last year, it was a very pleasant surprise and worked really well.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This looks the same theater, or at least the same sized theater, as where they've done post-E3 roundtables or minor events focused on single platforms/games in the past.
Yeah, I looked at past videos and it's the same space as previous years. Still, this is the first time this theatre has appeared in the exhibitor list, so perhaps there's more to the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom