• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo, Creatures & Game Freak register the word

JoeM86

Aug 11, 2012
Bournemouth, England
www.serebii.net
Doesn't exist in any merchandise line or anything at the moment

Earlier today, a trademark went live in Japan, registered by Nintendo, Creatures Inc. and Game Freak. This trademark is for the word ポケダリング (literally Pokedaringu, possibly translated as PokéDaring or PokéDulling). It's not currently known what this trademark is for, as it doesn't appear to be used in any previous products. However, it could be for a game, merchandise line or even just an item in a game.

We obviously won't have a proper romanisation until we get some context

Edit: No, it's unlikely to be "PokéDarling". The katakana doesn't match"

Oregano

Mar 13, 2013
This is the Switch spinoff game whilst the main series stays on 3DS
or goes mobile.

muu

Mar 20, 2011
ポタリング (pottering) is casually riding around on your bike/motorcycle, so maybe a Pokemon go attachment for your bike?

scottnak

Jan 5, 2007
First thing that came to my mind was bouldering?
Maybe it's some kind of climbing adventure game!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Apr 23, 2010
Daring Pokémon stylish action game from Platinum please.

Can you imagine.

War Raichu

Feb 6, 2013
Whoa. Why don't I remember this happening?
it's an optional thing. After clearing an island, you can go to that island's restaurant and order the most expensive meal. The kahuna will arrive to dine with you, pay for your meal, and give you double the usual complementary Heart Scales.