• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Cyber Deals 2016 (US, EU)

maxcriden

The NA ones just went live.

http://happyholidays.nintendo.com/cyber-deals

Save up to 50% on select digital games now through 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 5, 2016.

My Nintendo members also earn Gold Points on qualifying digital purchases, so it's a win-win.

Interestingly, for once Gold Points appear to be based on the sale price and not MSRP :(

Despite what the sale terms say, Gold Points are still based on MSRP after all! Thanks to Javier for letting me know. :)

--partial list, waiting for a transcription of the full list--

Wii U:

Twilight Princess HD: $34.99
Just Dance 2017: $35.99
Mario Galaxy 2: $9.99
Fast Racing NEO: $7.49
Kirby Return to Dream Land: $9.99

Kirby Mass Attack: $4.99
Jotun: $9.99
Star Fox Zero: $34.99
Mighty No. 9: $9.99
Lego Star Wars TFA: $23.99
Terraria: $22.49
Trine 2: $9.99
Trine: $7.49
Don't Starve Giant Edition: $5.10
Super Meat Boy: $11.20
Freedom Planet: $7.49
Lego Batman 3: $9.99
Just Dance 2016: $24.99
Lego Avengers: $11.99
Lego Jurassic World: $9.99
Darksiders II: $9.99
Skylanders Superchargers: $24.99
Tumblestone: $17.49
Oddworld New and Tasty: $9.99

3DS:
Hyrule Warriors Legends: $27.99
The Legend of Zelda: $2.49
Triforce Heroes: $23.99
Link's Awakening DX: $3.59
Monster Hunter Generations: $23.99
Terraria: $14.99
FE: Awakening: $19.99
Azure Striker Gunvolt 2: $13.49
Kirby Fighters Deluxe: $3.49
M&L: Dream Team: $19.99
Steamworld Heist: $11.99
Kirby's Star Stacker: $1.49
7th Dragon: $29.99
Lego Star Wars TFA: $17.99
Project X Zone 2: $19.99
Lego Jurassic World: $9.99
Lego Avengers: $7.99
Mega Man Legacy: $7.49
Azure Striker Gunvolt: $9.99
Lego Batman 3: $9.99
Zero Escape: VLR: $12.49
Zero Escape: ZTD: $27.99

Level 5 sale going on as well in NA:

Inazuma Eleven - $9.99
Aero Porter - $2.99
Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale - $2.99
Bugs vs. Tanks - $2.99
Crimson Shroud - $2.99
Liberation Maiden - $2.99
Starship Damrey - $2.99
Weapon Shop de Omasse - $2.99

And some Sonic games kindly listed by Shizza:

Just checked, there's a bunch of Sonic games for ~50% off on the NA eShop.

Sale Prices:

3DS:
3D Sonic the Hedgehog: $2.99
3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2: $2.99
Sonic the Hedgehog 2: $3.49
Sonic Blast: $3.49
Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble: $3.49
Sonic Drift 2: $2.79
Sonic Labyrinth: $3.49
Sonic Generations: $11.99
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal: $14.99
Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed: $11.99

Wii U:
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric: $14.99
Sonic Lost World: $14.97
Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed: $11.99

Edit: looks like the sale goes through 11/29/2016 8:59 am PST.

The EU ones aren't up yet. Tomorrow I believe.

Credit to donny2112 for posting this in the Nintendownloads thread, and to Zeeman for the transcription.

Ridley327

$20 for FE:A, PXZ2 and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team seem like the biggest deals, but there are some other good ones, like SMG2 and Kirby RTDL for $10.

these are some really good deals, for all the games i already have :(

people, you gotta try Triforce Heroes and Virtue's Last Reward!

Weebos

Banned
I already own most of what I would want from this sale, but there are some solid deals here.

I don't think Fire Emblem: Awakening has been lower.

I might grab Zero Time Dilemma, I'll have to look at Vita comparisons.

kunonabi

Was hoping for Nintendo Land or Tomodachi Life. Whatever, looks like just the PlayStation Store sale for me.

maxcriden

Was hoping for Nintendo Land or Tomodachi Life. Whatever, looks like just the PlayStation Store sale for me.

I was hoping for Nintendo Land also. Would much prefer to own it digitally. For games like that where it's so cheap at retail it's hard to do the physical -> digital changeover.

I am curious why Terraria is so expensive on the Wii U vs. the other platforms. 29.99 MSRP and $22.49 or something on sale? It is regularly on sale on other platforms for less than $5.

I really wanted to bite on Twilight HD, but $35 is a bit pricey for the digital version. Walmart is about to have it for $25 on Black Friday.

It's also a missed opportunity to not offer a further discount for My Nintendo members. Heck, I would have used coins on a voucher for a better discount. Oh well.

HotHamBoy

Fucking woof.

That is some weak-dick shit, especially for the older games.

I mean seriously, years after release a $40 game is $20 on sale. Sony had $60 first-party games like Until Dawn for $10 just a few weeks ago, that game was just a year old.

Also, this selection is pretty lacking. No sales for Pikmin 3, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Smash 4, Mario Kart 8, SMB3D World? Luigi's Mansion 2? FE Fates? Captain Toad? DKCTF?

Nintendo has great devs but the people who run this side of things are shit-tier.

entremet

Probably pick up some of those sweet Wii games. Galaxy 2 and Return to Dreamland.

Return to Dreamland is like 45 bucks used at Gamestop lol.

I was hoping that 50% off was Twilight Princess when they had Link on my gamepad, alas it was not :(

I'm still thinking about picking it up though... still a bit pricey but I doubt I'll get a better price than that where I live...

Decent prices for Nintendo, but utterly laughable by industry norms. I'll cross my fingers for the EU prices to be less exploitative, but I'm not holding my breath.

I mean I want to buy 3DS games digitally for the convenience, but I'm just not prepared to get ripped off for it. It just makes these stupidly rare sales even more annoying, because I want to give them my money, but always end up spending it on PSN and Steam instead because it's so much better value for money there.

Fucking woof.
I mean seriously, years after release a $40 game is $20 on sale. Sony had $60 first-party games like Until Dawn for $10 just a few weeks ago, that game was just a year old.

I'll agree that Nintendo has some weird ground to cover here. Their retail games traditionally hold their value in ways that Sony and Microsoft "wish" theirs would. Pricing digital games way below what they retail for creates a weird environment for them.

As for your example, Until Dawn is $19.99 at retail...

HotHamBoy

I'll agree that Nintendo has some weird ground to cover here. Their retail games traditionally hold their value in ways that Sony and Microsoft "wish" theirs would. Pricing digital games way below what they retail for creates a weird environment for them.

As for your example, Until Dawn is $19.99 at retail...

But it was $60 last year. So really, that is a further indictment of Nintendo. They just don't give a fuck.

TBH, I should not have even mentioned the sale pricing. It's the selection, or lack there of, that really frsutrates me.

With these sales I think I'll pick up some eShop cards from Best Buy since I believe they are on sale. Will make these deals a little better. Been holding out for a physical US release of Fast Racing Neo but doesn't look like that's going to happen so will pick it up during this sale.

Bought Fast Racing Neo.

I'd buy Monster Hunter Generations, but I want to see if XX will come out here and also I expect more sales in the next little while with lower prices.

rhandino

Banned
Still no Mario Kart 8... I want to buy a digital copy to sell my physical one but I am not sure to pay full price for it.

Meh, maybe I will at the end T_T

Syril

Bought Fast Racing Neo.

I'd buy Monster Hunter Generations, but I want to see if XX will come out here and also I expect more sales in the next little while with lower prices.
I suspect that it will, but Generations didn't even come out here until it was already out in Japan for 8 months so it might not be for a long time still.

Stopdoor

cMGmnTZ.png

Ah yes, my good old friend Link™

Roo

Still no Mario Kart 8... I want to buy a digital copy to sell my physical one but I am not sure to pay full price for it.

Meh, maybe I will at the end T_T
Well, if you already know you will pay full price for it, why don't you wait for the Switch version?
You'll get more content that way.
That is if you're getting a Switch in the first place lol

Umm, guys, the OP is not all. I just checked the Sales & Deals page, there must be like a HUNDRED games on sale, and some at pretty great prices.

For instance THQ Nordic also have Book of Unwritten Tales 2 for $5 and Legend of Kay Anniversary for $6.24. Most Sonic games are on sale, Level-5's catalog on 3DS is on sale, Activision has their sale (but at awful prices), take a look:

US:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

Canada:

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/sales-and-deals

maxcriden

Do you need to use button controls for anything?

Maybe for selecting levels, but I don't think you actually need them for that. However, some of the subgames might work with buttons only... I can check on my DS copy in the next day or so!

Umm, guys, the OP is not all. I just checked the Sales & Deals page, there must be like a HUNDRED games on sale, and some at pretty great prices.

For instance THQ Nordic also have Book of Unwritten Tales 2 for $5 and Legend of Kay Anniversary for $6.24. Most Sonic games are on sale, Level-5's catalog on 3DS is on sale, Activision has their sale (but at awful prices), take a look:

US:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

Canada:

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/sales-and-deals

Will add Sonic and Level-5 since those are lasting through the weekend, but aren't some of the others ending today/tomorrow? Thanks. Sorry about that!

rhandino

Banned
Well, if you already know you will pay full price for it, why don't you wait for the Switch version?
You'll get more content that way.
That is if you're getting a Switch in the first place lol
Skyrim, Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade X remaster means that I am going to be all over it =P

But idk... I loved to have it ready to launch at any time just like I do with Splatoon, SM3DW and Smash.

Top Bottom