• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Deluxe Digital Promotion now available

Just checked ddp.nintendo.com on a lark and was able to sign in with my NNID and password. I have earned 1496 points, and since they cash out in chunks of 500 points, I just got myself $10 worth of eshop credit. spend four more cents on the eshop and I'll have another five bucks.

Searched, didn't find anything.

qcjqM.png

thought about putting it on my 3ds to get crashmo, but I want to see if I earn points for purchasing on the wii u shop with the credit.

Signed in:
"You cannot participate in this promotion until the day after you purchase games and content at the Nintendo eShop." heh

Zierath

Awesome. I suspect this won't actually save me any money though. I'll probably just end up buying more stuff.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just checked ddp.nintendo.com on a lark and was able to sign in with my NNID and password. I have earned 1496 points, and since they cash out in chunks of 500 points, I just got myself $10 worth of eshop credit. spend four more cents on the eshop and I'll have another five bucks.

Searched, didn't find anything.

thought about putting it on my 3ds to get crashmo, but I want to see if I earn points for purchasing on the wii u shop with the credit.
Don't you mean four more dollars?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Nice. Redeemed my two $5.00 credits and buy Nano Assault Neo. I still had to add $1.29 to the credit card for taxes, of course. I'll be interested to see if Nano Assault will give me DDP credits as well.

USA only?

All of NA.

MicH

Okay, so I was wondering why it said I had an activation code available since I only bought Trine 2, but it turns out that the eShop codes Amazon UK sent out for Nintendo Lands also counts as points. Nice!

zroid

Banned

should be a lock, I think. i doubt the credit you earn from points is able to distinguish itself in any way compared to credit you add yourself via eShop card/credit card.

edit: I can't log in because I haven't bought anything from the eShop yet :(

Lol I need to buy more digital games, might get Little Inferno XD, got 333 points = £33.30 or so till I can get redemption =S, I would buy more if the install and download speeds were improved though...

I haven't purchased anything yet but I got this message

"You cannot participate in this promotion until the day after you purchase games and content at the Nintendo eShop.

Please ensure you are in a country that is eligible for this promotion. Only users that created a Nintendo Network ID on a Wii U Deluxe Set are eligible for this promotion."

I am in the US and definitely have a deluxe. Is this standard or is something screwy going on here? Specifically the 2nd part, I get the first part.

zroid

Banned
I haven't purchased anything yet but I got this message

"You cannot participate in this promotion until the day after you purchase games and content at the Nintendo eShop.

Please ensure you are in a country that is eligible for this promotion. Only users that created a Nintendo Network ID on a Wii U Deluxe Set are eligible for this promotion."

I am in the US and definitely have a deluxe. Is this standard or is something screwy going on here? Specifically the 2nd part, I get the first part.

it's standard, it probably configures your account when you make your first purchase, so until then it's as good as not existing (for ddp, anyway)

alf717

How long will this promo last? It there a cut off period if an owner of a deluxe unit doesn't buy from the eShop in so long?

The promo period lasts until 2015 -- you get a leaflet with the premium pack that explains your entitlements.

So, i can now spend £10 more in order to 'save' £5? Awesome...

Posted in another thread, buying two retail games and Puddle digitally worked out as me spending roughly just under £10 for the instant convenience of it (less than an extra £5 for each of the retail available games) due to me getting £8.98 worth back in points. I love the fact I can jump from game to game on a whim, and my system stays almost totally silent when playing the games too.

Now, granted, I can only use these points £5 at a time, but that's the genius of these schemes, you have to keep buying to get anything back. I'm not going to turn my nose up at it.

In fact, I'll buy Mighty Switch Force HD when I get home now, whereas I probably wouldn't have if not for this promotion.

tsab

Damn you NOE/local distributor

€9.99 equals to 83points. They calculate Mighty Switch Force HD as €8.39 (It's 9.99 on eShop) = 83points (not even 84 lol)

impact

Banned
Sweet, now get some damn content on the shop so I can use this on something. VC should have been there at launch.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I got this in my Point Summary:

"Issued Code ($5.00) for Nintendo eShop Credit"

It basically took 500 points away from me, I have 698 "total points earned," but my balance is only 198. WTF?

bluehat9

99 points for Nano Assault. Also made me go check club nintendo and see there was a 20pt survey for it and now I'm platinum for this year. So thanks for the thread, lol.

tsab

You can get points until the end of 2014 and you can get credit until March 2015.

The period for earning points will end on 31st December 2014.
The period for redeeming points will end on 31st March 2015.
All activation codes not redeemed by 30th June 2015 will be void.

alf717

Thank you for all the responses. I'll end up buying something on the eShop eventually. Didn't notice the leaflet but I'll dig it out and give it a read.

This will eventually give me my 3DS purchases in the long run, kinda cool.
WiiU eshop needs proper content first though. Only interested in Mighty Switch Force for now and maybe the obligatory NSMBU level packs.

tsab

It basically took 500 points away from me, I have 698 "total points earned," but my balance is only 198. WTF?

You redeemed the code. So your wallet has $5.00 credit

The period for earning points will end on 31st December 2014.
The period for redeeming points will end on 31st March 2015.
All activation codes not redeemed by 30th June 2015 will be void.

when you get a code it also says that once added to your eshop account your funds don't expire, it's just the codes that expire (in case anyone is confused)

Is Mighty Switch Force HD worth it if I already have the 3DS version, and I would mostly be playing on the gamepad anyway?

F#A#Oo

Banned
I hope Nintendo extend this program indefinitely...

It's a nice little program even if the way they score it is not really equal across different countries...

Oh wait, it auto-redeemed my first 500 points it seems like?

If you see the button for claiming the £/$5 then its already deducted you for that from your balance, yes, but you still need to click the button to get your code (obviously).

The points summary tab at the top of the page gives you a full rundown of what you've bought and what it translated to.

OctoWara289

Neo Member
So wait, how do I do this? I got the deluxe version, but haven't purchased anything from the eshop yet. I'm planning on getting NSMBU soon as well as Nano Ass. and Trine 2. What do I do and how much will I save/redeem?

Lenardo

Banned

every 500 points they issue a 5 dollar credit and subtract 500pts from your total.

you should have a 5 dollar code to redeem, i have 847pts of which 34\7 are "current" 500 have been used -click get activation code button and tada there is the code to use

So wait, how do I do this? I got the deluxe version, but haven't purchased anything from the eshop yet. I'm planning on getting NSMBU soon as well as Nano Ass. and Trine 2. What do I do and how much will I save/redeem?

Just buy stuff off the eshop. Once you do that go to the site in the OP and see how many points you have to redeem.

I noticed a "Earn points on all digital purchases made through Dec 2014.
Exchange points to receive activation codes by Mar 2015." under Promotion.

What does this mean? Get the codes after 2015 or up until? And why this cut off, why not the entire life cycle of the system?

What's the minimum you can spend on your card on the eShop again?

Normally, if you have a positive balance, you don't have to put £5 or £10 on -- you can just pay the remainder of the cost of the game...

so if I had £6.50 or something on my balance and the game was £6.99, could I just pay the 49p on my card? I'd imagine either Nintendo or us have some kind of transaction fee to pay?

I noticed a "Earn points on all digital purchases made through Dec 2014.
Exchange points to receive activation codes by Mar 2015." under Promotion.

What does this mean? Get the codes after 2015 or up until? And why this cut off, why not the entire life cycle of the system?

It means games will only get you new codes until the end of 2014 (unless they extend the scheme, which they might if WiiU is doing well)... but you can still exchange your existing points and spend them on the store until March 2015.

It's 10%. So Mario at £42 gets you 420 points, Sonic Racing at £33 gets you ~330 points, Puddle at £6 gets you 60 points etc. It's fully automatic providing you registered your NNID on the premium system. Just go to ddp.nintendo.com and login with your NNID after you've made some purchases, and each time you get 500 points you get £5 back. (or €/$)

tsab

when you get a code it also says that once added to your eshop account your funds don't expire, it's just the codes that expire (in case anyone is confused)

Is Mighty Switch Force HD worth it if I already have the 3DS version, and I would mostly be playing on the gamepad anyway?

I double dipped for the Gamepaddo too. I read there is a remixed mode after you complete the game. So there is additional content I guess.

OctoWara289

Neo Member
So, for example, NSMBU is worth 6,000 pts, right? So I should get twelve 500 credits back? As well as $5.00 12 times? Doesn't that make the game free? I don't get it. :( Bare with me.

Top Bottom