• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Details $45 of DLC Coming to Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

FelipeMGM

Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P63IrQ6bWM

PR

The upcoming Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia game, which launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on May 19, is a massive game filled to the brim with content. For players who want to extend their adventure even further, five major DLC packs are coming to the game starting on May 19, adding more maps, dungeons, characters and items.

Season Pass (May 19, $44.99, 22 pieces of content): The Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Season Pass includes all five DLC packs as they release. By purchasing the Season Pass, fans who want to receive all DLC will save more than 30 percent compared to purchasing all 22 pieces of content on their own.

DLC Pack #1 – Fledgling Warriors Pack (May 19, $7.99, three pieces of content): Ideal for early- to mid-game adventurers, this pack includes a new dungeon (The Astral Temple) and two new maps, great for gaining more items, money and experience points.
DLC Pack #2 – Undaunted Heroes Pack (May 25, $9.99, three pieces of content): In addition to a new dungeon (The Inner Sanctum), this pack also includes two challenging new maps that stronger, more seasoned heroes will want to tackle.
DLC Pack #3 – Lost Altars Pack (May 25, $14.99, 10 pieces of content): The mysterious dungeons included in this pack hold the power to upgrade characters to exclusive classes that don’t appear in the main game.
DLC Pack #4 – Rise of the Deliverance Pack (June 1, $12.99, four pieces of content): Discover the previously untold history of Valentia in this Prologue pack. Complete with new story content and additional voice acting that details the rise of the Deliverance in Zofia, this collection of challenging maps includes new support conversations between selected heroes, as well as the ability to take command of a character players won’t be able to control in the main game.
DLC Pack #5 ($5.99, two pieces of content): More information about this final DLC pack will be revealed in the future.

All of these packs, as well as the individual components included in each pack, can be purchased separately, giving players the flexibility to buy as many or as few as they want.

While Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia features all this great paid DLC, free downloadable content will also be released for the game after launch for a limited time, starting on May 19. The first free content is a special gift from Goddess Mila and can be obtained when playing the game. For more details about the game’s DLC, visit http://fireemblemechoes.nintendo.com/dlc.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia launches for Nintendo 3DS on May 19 at a suggested retail price of $39.99. A limited-edition bundle for the game will launch on the same day at a suggested retail price of $59.99. Also launching on May 19 are the Alm and Celica amiibo figures, available only as a set at a suggested retail price of $24.99.

Clov

From the description, I think I'll only end up buying pack 4. Not that interested in the rest.

Yukinari

Why exactly can Fire Emblem get away with selling the content people want on its own but not Zelda? Like i imagine pack 4 is gonna make the most money.

Steiner

Banned
Pretty crazy that the season pass is more expensive than the actual game. Have we ever seen that with another game?

Weebos

Banned
Pretty crazy that the season pass is more expensive than the actual game. Have we ever seen that with another game?

Pretty sure the total price of available DLC for Awakening and Fates was more than the individual games. They didn't bundle it all into one season pass though.

Draxal

Why exactly can Fire Emblem get away with selling the content people want on its own but not Zelda? Like i imagine pack 4 is gonna make the most money.

Fire Emblem is much more niche, also Fire Emblem has always been the rippiest off of all the rip off dlc that Nintendo has offered.

oti

Banned
tenor.gif

Gambit

Fire Emblem is much more niche, also Fire Emblem has always been the rippiest off of all the rip off dlc that Nintendo has offered.

Indeed. The complaints have been there since Awakening. Fire Emblem DLC is bullshit. No question about it.

Fortunately the base games (at least so far) always offered enough content to feel whole on their own.

So I will continue to do as I did with the others and ignore it completely.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Do people want it? Based on the previous two games, the DLC will be ignored by all but the most hardcore and largely secondary to the main game.

But either way, this is just a game of expectations. People expect this sort of DLC from Fire Emblem so no one complains, whether or not the DLC is fair or good in the first place. Meanwhile people didn't expect DLC from Zelda, hence they complain.

Oh man Nintendo for a company that's out of touch according to many people they sure picked up on insane season pass prices fast.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Indeed. The complaints have been there since Awakening. Fire Emblem DLC is bullshit. No question about it.

Fortunately the base games (at least so far) always offered enough content to feel whole on their own.

So I will continue to do as I did with the others and ignore it completely.

Wait. Fate 2 additional campaigns are considered DLC? because if so, I would say they were great.
"Normal" dlc.in FE suck, I have never bought them and I will continue so.
As you said the base games always delivered so...

Yikes

please keep this away from IPs I am interested in Nintendo

$20 Season Pass is my maximum breaking point

I would like to see Nintendo treat Metroid as they are doing with FE since Awakening
DLC packs are more than tolerable as an upside down compromise

-shadow-

As much as I think they're doing great in regards to DLC, the way they do it with Fire Emblem is absolutely terrible. It's ridiculously expensive and ends up costing more thn the games themselves.

Also press more LE's you assholes...

Can't believe we're at a time where a season pass is pricier than the main game. Looks like we're buying a 2nd Fire Emblem game at that point!

ramparter

Banned
$44.99 for a season pass. Announce DLC before the game is release.... i see no one complain here ?
It's sad but it's funny that I don't care about the series anymore. The GCN and Wii games are some of my favorites but I didn't enjoy Awakening much and didnt bother with Fates at all.

Effect

Fire Emblem dlc has always felt like it was aimed at the most hardcore of the hardcore fans. You don't need any of it. The games themselves are already filled with content and even get free dlc too. If you still wanted even more then this dlc comes into play. I think I only bought one or two packs with Awakening and that's it from all the games that have gotten the dlc. I'm not even bothering to look at the dlc here. I still haven't finished the Fates games. I have Valentia preordered simply because I wanted the limited edition but likely won't even get to this game until sometime at the end of the year.

The price of the season pass is a WTF though. That's more then the base game.

Also get ready to be hit by this when the Switch game comes out. Hopefully they continue the mix of free and paid dlc though.

gbland

Jeez $45? I think I'm good. Let us see how the base game is first. Then I might get a DLC pack or two later. I was perfectly fine with not getting DLC packs in Awakening and Fates

Anteo

22 piecees of content between dungeons and maps for $44? Im ok with this. I may buy a few of the maps if im interested after the game but I dont feel its overpriced.

Ridley327

Damn, that price is intense. At least they detailed almost all of it, so it makes the a la carte option far more preferable, especially as the fourth pack seems to be the one with the "goods" for players of all kinds.

NeonZ

Hm... The last pack is a Fire Emblem Cipher tie-in according to the Japanese description. I'm surprised we seem to be getting it after they skipped Fates'. There was Masked Lucina, Marth with a different portrait and Minerva (who had an exclusive class - Pegasus Knight. It had Dark Flier skills, but S rank lances and different stat caps).

Also, I'm surprised every class line got a new tier. I don't know how much time I'll spend playing Echoes though, but I'd certainly have bought something like that for Awakening or Fates.

vall03

Correct me if I'm wrong but the DLC Pack 1 was priced cheaper on Awakening and Fates right? Or were they separated into individual maps? That's the only DLC I'm interested in.

Gambit

Wait. Fate 2 additional campaigns are considered DLC? because if so, I would say they were great.
"Normal" dlc.in FE suck, I have never bought them and I will continue so.
As you said the base games always delivered so...

I would agree with that. The additional campaigns felt "full" themselves. So I loved them

Meier

I didn't end up buying any DLC or the other game versions for Fates but I'd like to try them some day. Not sure if I might pass on this to start and see if they do some sort of GOTY edition or what.

tauroxd

Won't buy the game out of protest of this DLC. Welcome to the NEW Nintendo.

If it is anything like Awakening and Conquest, Birthright and Revelation, and it seems to bethat way, the game on his own is more than worth the $40 price tag and you will probably play more than 40 hours, less than $1 per an hour of gameplay.

If you want to, buy the game, protest by not buying the DLC, just exactly how I did with Awakening and Fates.

I didn't end up buying any DLC or the other game versions for Fates but I'd like to try them some day. Not sure if I might pass on this to start and see if they do some sort of GOTY edition or what.

There was not a GOTY/Complete edition of Awakening or Fates, and seeing as this one is on the 3DS there is still less of a chance of a Complete edition being made.

NeonZ

Correct me if I'm wrong but the DLC Pack 1 was priced cheaper on Awakening and Fates right? Or were they separated into individual maps? That's the only DLC I'm interested in.

Gold Pack in Awakening cost $6, it included the money, exp and infinite legendary weapons maps.

Fates had no pack covering just the experience, gold and item maps, but if you bought them individually it'd cost $7.47.

Neither Fates nor Awakening got any edition with DLC included though.

Top Bottom