• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Details $45 of DLC Coming to Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

oti

Banned
Won't buy the game out of protest of this DLC. Welcome to the NEW Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening DLC - 2013
c34190443f8f455db2493faf092c40f8.png

Fire Emblem: Fates DLC - 2015 (actually, there's more than this)

Welcome to the NEW Nintendo
#NEWNintendo

Only pack 4 and 5 seem worth it. The 3 first ones seem to be for people who want to break the game with grinding dlcs.

I am always open to story dlcs in FE. Fates had really fun ones.

What bothers me the most is that almost all of this content is already finished and will be released within one month. That gives me the feeling that the content should be included on the cartridge...

Zaventem

What bothers me the most is that almost all of this content is already finished and will be released within one month. That gives me the feeling that the content should be included on the cartridge...

Not to be the downer but these things are always planned ahead. Sometimes the announcement is delays because they're working on it or it'll look bad if announced early.

Shiggy

That price, and the content is not even included in the 90 EUR limited edition. Thank God I ordered two of those, so I can make money from scalping to offset the cost.

evil-grin.jpg

Not to be the downer but these things are always planned ahead. Sometimes the announcement is delays because they're working on it or it'll look bad if announced early.

Sure, but most story DLCs are released a bit later, not within the same month. It just feels wrong. I don't care about the other stuff.

Banned
Lol. Get bent Nintendo. So glad I got rid of my 3DS. Stop killing Fire Emblem please. Take a break.

woopWOOP

Yup, those are FE DLC prices alright...

I usually only buy the packs that give me more class options, so #3. Ofcourse that's the most expensive one out of all three, lol

wrowa

It's a bit frustrating that they didn't improve upon Gaiden's lacklustre map design in the main game and yet were able to create brand new maps for DLC.

meppi

If they want to try and sell me 45€ worth of content like this, they better well put it on a cart and make it a complete package.
As DLC? hell no.

Forkball

Fire Emblem has had wacky overpriced DLC since Awakening in 2012. Doesn't make it right, but this is nothing new.

jay

If I hadn't already written off this franchise because it's now otaku nonsense, this would certainly push me that way.

Gambit

It's a bit frustrating that they didn't improve upon Gaiden's lacklustre map design in the main game and yet were able to create brand new maps for DLC.

I think that was by choice. The director seems to really be in love with the old Gaiden (because he lost his father around that time). It seems he didn't want to change the maps.

Going by reviews, I think he made the wrong choice, but what can you do.

Still the art and presentation for this FE seems top-notch.

Dekuboy

Neo Member
Pretty crazy that the season pass is more expensive than the actual game. Have we ever seen that with another game?

- Call of Duty

- Fallout 4

- BF1

EDIT: well depends on the definition of "more expensive". I can get CoD IW for 10-15€ while the season pass is still at least 45-50

EDIT2: 15 not 150

L95

Yeah, I'm curious why they felt the need to double up on the exp/gold dlc.

Only interested in the Deliverance backstory stuff.

And maybe series five (currently just under the label Coming Soon), if it's still the FECipher stuff like the Japanese version "add new characters." implies it is to me, since the Cipher DLC is the only one that adds new characters.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Bought some DLC for Awakening, but never again.

Exactly my position. I MAY get #4. Rest seems like a little for a lot of money.

Of course, I spend $13 to pull 5 useless characters in FE Heroes. So.. uh... whatever. Have to draw the line somewhere!

night814

From all appearances I'm sure the main game is full of content, let's not forget that fates had an entire campaign path as dlc. The price is outrageous but like all these dlc packs it's best to know what your getting and get only what you want piece meal style. For awakening and fates I only bought the exp and gold grinding DLC and that was just to make as broke units as possible, was never needed.

Nintendo knows they made mad money on the last two games which is why this game is being released in he first place. They have an engine for these games where we could keep getting main FEs every other year easy. Wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to do this as early as possible on the switch.

Seik

Banned
Not really surprised by that after seeing all the fucking (expensive) DLC in Awakening. Didn't play Fates yet but I guess it's similar.

Intelligent System do what they want.

Luckily. The base game is chalk full of content. I'm good. I might just get the story pack or YouTube it honestly

Fates DLC pack 2 was awesome.

The maps featuring the Children were nice.

Awakning I bought everything and even didn't played a lot.

Extra Story is a plus. so DLC pack 4 is a bought.

Shiggy

Season Pass - May 19, $44.99 | May 19, EUR44.99

DLC Pack #1 – May 19, $7.99 | May 19, EUR7.99

DLC Pack #2 – May 25, $9.99 | May 25, EUR9.99

DLC Pack #3 – May 25, $14.99 | May 25, EUR14.99

DLC Pack #4 – June 1, $12.99 | June 1, EUR12.99

DLC Pack #5 – $5.99 | EUR4.99

Final DLC pack breaks everything.

Pejo

So this is Nintendo "getting with the times" it seems.

I'll still get the game, but I feel like at least the classes should have been free DLC. What do I know though.

The DLC strategy for every FE game this generation has been utterly gross. Awakening had a very similar amount of DLC and Fates had the unnecessary splitting into 3 games.
I love the series but they need to stop with this nonsense, it doesn't add anything to the game when it's so overpriced.
Worst part of all is the fact that most Nintendo things and least of all DLC won't ever go on sale so I can't even hope to pick these up years later for a low price. Paying a triple digit figure for the full content of each new Fire Emblem game isn't really something I'm happy to do.

khaaan

Oof, that price....though it's not too big of a deal since I'm only interested in DLC #4 which seems to be reasonable depending on how many chapters it is.

The DLC strategy for every FE game this generation has been utterly gross. Awakening had a very similar amount of DLC and Fates had the unnecessary splitting into 3 games.
I love the series but they need to stop with this nonsense, it doesn't add anything to the game when it's so overpriced.
Worst part of all is the fact that most Nintendo things and least of all DLC will ever go on sale so I can't even hope to pick these up years later for a low price. Paying a triple digit figure for the full content of each new Fire Emblem game isn't really something I'm happy to do.

Don't do it. Don't buy the game. Vote with your wallet.

ASaiyan

Banned
Aand the hardcore FE fans will still buy it.

As others have said, the only interesting-sounding one is pack 4, but it's far enough after launch that I might have finished it and stopped caring at that point, lol.
I loved Fates, but I didn't even play the DLC pack that came with my GameStop preorder (three 30-hour campaigns was more than enough).

Semajer

Yeah, I'm curious why they felt the need to double up on the exp/gold dlc.

Only interested in the Deliverance backstory stuff.

And maybe series five (currently just under the label Coming Soon), if it's still the FECipher stuff like the Japanese version "add new characters." implies it is to me, since the Cipher DLC is the only one that adds new characters.

International markets didn't get any Cipher characters in Fates. The circumstances are a bit different here though so I imagine the DLC will be the same as the Japanese version.

Kouriozan

Can't really stand playing my 3DS anymore with that screen so I guess I'm gonna spare that money for FE Switch.

The price is especially bad when MK8 had about 50% more game content than the base one for 12€

Top Bottom