• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Details $45 of DLC Coming to Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

They split their last entry into 2 different games along with an expansion and now this. Wonder what they are gonna try to pull on FE for the Switch.

Sony/MS bots once claimed Monolith & Xenoblade weren't Nintendo games. Now we have Nintendo bots saying this is all IS and that the true Nintendo is pure & blameless. lol. Either way those prices are yikes and the content can in no way equal that of a full game. So put that money towards an actual full game instead of this junk!

First part of yo post make zero sense.lol

adroit

Base game is available for preload in the 3DS eShop so I've bitten the bullet. I'm playing Shadow Dragon (DS VC) on the Wii U and really enjoying it.

If the DLC is of similar "quality" to the awful Awakening DLC they need to slash the price of the season pass by at least 50%. I was appalled by the Awakening DLC. It was spectacularly inferior to the main game and an absolute ripoff.

DLC Pack #1 seems to be for grinding. I enjoyed FE:A having DLC, for a game that had such a surprising reception and was almost a swan song for the series. Fates and now Valentia having blantant cash grab DLC installment plans are practices I do not approve. Why don't they do something fun, and make some interesting gaiden chapters or campaigns? It would be very possible. Something like the last DLC pack, but not crammed into 5 dinky maps.

tsundoku

fire emblem dlc bad and just makes the game pitifully easy - news at 11

good to see the occasional story or backstory expansion dlc but these are always pay money for level/gold/promo item dispensers

especially hilarious in the easiest fire emblem which always had grindable undead dungeons and 2 forces so you didn't ever have to bench a lot of units

mas8705

I remember how people were actually complaining about the DLC announced for Breath of the Wild earlier this week. I think we just got a solid example of how outrageous DLC and season passes can get when we look at this.

It is so weird to look at this from the perspective of Nintendo though. For all of the other series that have DLC and season passes, they are usually great deals, but Fire Emblem always tends to go a bit crazy when it comes to additional content.

L.O.R.D

The game is a remake. They aren't cut from the game. They're similar (non other path) DLC from the last two Fire Emblems, except not as egregious.

How can they cut something that never existed in the original game.

i meant cut from the current game,not the original game,why i care about the original game?
meaning is,the remake game already is gold with all the DLC,but they decide to cut some pieces in order to make them into DLC.

Grampasso

I'm confused about all the FE games of lately, I'm interested in the one with the third person exploration sections, is this it? @_@

CEJames

I'm so very afraid of what they'll do with the FE Switch. That'll be a 60$ game. They might pull an EA with what they did with Star Wars Battlefront. $60 dollar base game with added $60 DLC for bing badda boom ULTIMATE EDITION!! $119.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's cool you're catching up with the times Nintendo but never go full retard. Never go full EA. Keep it tasteful. $20 to $25 or so is fine. $45+...come on...

i-Jest

I don't know much about the game, but it's not released yet or still in development, and they're already talking about DLC not in the base game. Umm I'm gonna just chill, I wanna see how this plays out.

Oddish1

I don't know much about the game, but it's not released yet or still in development, and they're already talking about DLC not in the base game. Umm I'm gonna just chill, I wanna see how this plays out.

It's been out in Japan for a couple weeks now so it is certainly not still in development.

I've had enough fire emblem to not jump straight into this game. Just waiting to see if the base game itself is worth playing. Nintendo really have embrace the dlc purchases and they love gone a bit excessive as well. Fire emblem is their dlc donkey so can't imagine how fire emblem will handle its dlc content.

Pretty crazy that the season pass is more expensive than the actual game. Have we ever seen that with another game?

I was exploring the PSN store and was shocked to find DOA5 has 2 season passes at almost $90 each!
People really must like those costumes.

Top Bottom