• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Digital Downloads - April 2009 (VC/WiiWare/DSiWare)

BikoBiko

Evilink said:
...Final Fantasy1 in Japan?

I remember the first time I played FF1, I had no clue what an RPG was...I started playing and at the time I thought it sucked...before long I wasn't able to stop, absorbed by the story, needing to level up, buying new stuff. I couldn't believe there was a little story tucked into this game, a really thin one, but it was there....

Oooooh, when it arrives here, I'll be sure to buy it again. I've owned all the other versions, but I just like the idea of having it on the VC, that and I can't help giving my monies away to SquareEnix as often as possible :)
Cool, you don't see Final Fantasy I love enough :D

Wilsongt

Wii Will Rock U said:
I'm hearing Smash Bros. might be coming Monday. Can anyone confirm this?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Oh, wait. You were being serious?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Just a quick question for everyone out there... since the 4.0 update, has anyone been having problems with loading VC games or channels?

I ask because as of yesterday, it seems that I am unable to successfully load Genesis titles from EITHER system memory or the SD menu. Games go through the standard loading process, but the "black screen" freezes up and the Wii remotes lose their connection.

My thread with woe and misery details... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15607670

Wizpig

03d88606c259d1314d95ac958856a73a.jpg

Swimming Mario & Luigi eh? first time i saw that while downloading a software, i had to take a shitty photo:lol
Ok, sorry

@DavidDayton: The only problem i had is that i put some channels on the SD and the channels with subscriptions asked me AGAIN if i wanted to get subscribed and receive news etc. [for example, the Mario Kart channel]
Did anyone get this aswell?

Neo Samus

Wilsongt said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Oh, wait. You were being serious?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

It very well could happen. The japanese release VC release was just one day prior to the original N64 release. I'm not holding my breath, but there is a good chance.

nli10

Euro DS downloads on Wii now have Gardening Mama and Rhythm Paradise to download. Prob been on there a while.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Just a heads up, Toys R Us has all Wii accessories 25% off this week and that includes Wii/Nintendo Points cards.

Picked up 6000 points for $45 today.

Tomorrow they should go ahead and add like 10 VC games so that it can be the 300th game tomorrow and just include Majora's Mask in the update, ultimate win for everyone.

donny2112

VideoMan said:
Just a heads up, Toys R Us has all Wii accessories 25% off this week and that includes Wii/Nintendo Points cards.

I got 4000 for $30 + Pikmin Wii and EXCITEbots for $50. Excellent sales this week in ToysRUs for Wii owners. :D

VideoMan said:

Thanks for the heads up!
donny2112 said:
I got 4000 for $30 + Pikmin Wii and EXCITEbots for $50. Excellent sales this week in ToysRUs for Wii owners. :D
Whats the sale on games?

If I predict nothing good will we get something good?
VC updates have a habit of disappointing me lately. Maybe this could be the good kind of disappointment?

Chumly

I can also confirm the Toysrus deal. Me and my roomate both got 4000 points. Strangely though my toysrus had NO clue they were selling accessories for 25% off but it rang up ok at the counter!

Whats the sale on games?
All Wii games are buy 1 get one 20$ off (Both games have to be over 30$)

VideoMan said:
Buy any two games (Wii/360/PS3) priced $29.99 & up and get $20 off.

Chumly said:
I can also confirm the Toysrus deal. Me and my roomate both got 4000 points. Strangely though my toysrus had NO clue they were selling accessories for 25% off but it rang up ok at the counter!

All Wii games are buy 1 get one 20$ off (Both games have to be over 30$)

I love you both!!!!

DaBargainHunta said:
YESSSSSSSSSSS! A sequel to one of my favorite racers on the DS - that absolutely no one played. :lol

Wow. I got Asphalt 1 when I got my DS, and thought it was pretty enjoyable. I missed out on 2, and didn't even know that they released a third (apparently it was only for N-Gage mobiles). I'll look into this one if the download price is nice, it's a neat little budget racer with licensed cars.

bh7812

Banned
Toys R Us shoulda waited until next week to do the games sale, that way I could have gotten a great deal on both Donkey Kong Jungle Beat Wii and Klonoa. I'm getting both anyway but a deal like that next week would have been very nice.

bh7812 said:
Toys R Us shoulda waited until next week to do the games sale, that way I could have gotten a great deal on both Donkey Kong Jungle Beat Wii and Klonoa. I'm getting both anyway but a deal like that next week would have been very nice.
I didnt realize Klonoa released next week...shit

bh7812 said:

Just wait a while I'm sure they'll have a similar deal within a month. It seems they've been having a lot of buy 1 get 1 deals lately.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Do you guys honestly think that Majora's Mask will be released when it hits the 300th milestone? What happens if it doesn't? :lol

I hope something good is released tomorrow for the VC and DSiWare. Nothing has been great to me these past few weeks.

zigg

Mockingbird said:
Can't cause it's vaporware.

http://instantrimshot.com/

Seriously, Mighty Flip Champs or Moving Memo. Come on, Nintendo, you're killing us out here.

I should tell a friend of mine that picked up a DSi about Asphalt. I think he was a big fan of the series.

P.S. if Atari does put out Felix Meets Felicity... avoid.

Somnid

Nintendo said:
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: POKER, PLANES AND PLATFORM GAMES FUEL PLAYERS' AMBITION

April 27, 2009

The table is set for card-flipping fun with this week's release of Clubhouse Games™ Express: Card Classics on Nintendo DSiWare™, while the new Paper Airplane Chase™ packs portable challenges for fans of airborne action. WiiWare™ users will find Cocoto Platform Jumper, a wildly imaginative new platformer populated by mysterious creatures. Last but not least, Nobunaga's Ambition, a classic strategy game from the Super NES™ system era, finds its way to the Virtual Console™.

As an added bonus to help celebrate the recent launch of the new Nintendo DSi™ system, Club Nintendo members now will be able to earn coins for registering, linking and providing feedback about their Nintendo DSi systems. They also will be able to earn coins for providing feedback about Nintendo DSiWare titles, which will be automatically registered on their Club Nintendo account when they link their Nintendo DSi Shop to their Club Nintendo account.

Nintendo DSiWare

Clubhouse Games Express: Card Classics (Nintendo, 1-8 players, Rated T for Teen - Simulated Gambling, 500 Nintendo DSi Points™): Clubhouse Games comes to Nintendo DSiWare with a collection of five fun card games in Clubhouse Games Express: Card Classics. Play familiar favorites like Blackjack and Five Card Draw, or test your ability in the fast-paced Last Card, Last Card Plus and President. DS Download Play allows players to host as many as seven friends.

Paper Airplane Chase™ (Nintendo, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 200 Nintendo DSi Points): In Paper Airplane Chase, glide your virtual paper plane through an increasingly tricky slalom course. Take it slow in Endless mode or zip through several Time Attack courses. The two-player Race mode allows friends to race each other using a single Nintendo DSi system.

WiiWare

Cocoto Platform Jumper (Neko Entertainment, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone - Mild Cartoon Violence, 700 Wii Points™): A long time ago in a faraway land, strange little creatures lived in the depths of Abyss. Cocoto, his little devil friends and the mysterious Fairy protect the secret of the magma — the source of their power — in a magic cauldron. Meanwhile, Zaron, the god of lightning who lusts after this force, is up to something. He can count on the rulers of the other kingdoms that Cocoto must cross. The tragic kidnapping of Shiny, Baggy and Neuro has left Cocoto alone to watch over the cauldron. Refusing to leave his friends, he will set out to find them with Fairy.

Virtual Console

Nobunaga's Ambition (Super NES, 1-8 players, Rated E for Everyone - Violent References, 800 Wii Points): Nobunaga's Ambition is a game set in Japan's Warring States period, a turbulent age when feudal warlords battled for control of the country. As the ruler of a fief, the player chooses his or her own path to conquest: Will you wage war on your neighbors or rely on diplomacy? Use economic sanctions or send ninja assassins? Use all of your ingenuity and resources to unite Japan under your banner.

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop and the Wii™ Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that both Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit Wii.com or NintendoDSi.com.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You know, Nintendo, I'd love to spend those free points you gave me when I bought my DSi. Just give me something to spend them on.

Somnid

Plinko said:
You know, Nintendo, I'd love to spend those free points you gave me when I bought my DSi. Just give me something to spend them on.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you are looking down on those games you might as well return the system because you aren't going to find something you like.

Balb

Somnid said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you are looking down on those games you might as well return the system because you aren't going to find something you like.

What? You're saying if you don't like the ten games they have on the store (half of them being dumbed down 'express' games), there's no hope for you? Okay.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Somnid said:

I own the full version of Clubhouse Games for DS.

The other games on the service are a tech demo for the camera, two minigames from an old GBA game, bits and pieces of a non-game, and Dr. Mario.

Somnid said:

But Clubhouse Games has been out since...what..2006?

I'm in the same boat, but I know there is something out there I want: Real Soccer 2009. NOE released it, but NOA is just sitting on it. Argh!

Somnid

Balb said:
What? You're saying if you don't like the ten games they have on the store (half of them being dumbed down 'express' games), there's no hope for you? Okay.

I've had a Japanese DSi for considerable time (since launch), I assure you that this is representative of almost all of it. It's not to say that they are bad games either, but I've long speculated that people have no idea what to expect for DSiWare.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Somnid said:
I've had a Japanese DSi for considerable time (since launch), I assure you that this is representative of almost all of it. It's not to say that they are bad games either, but I've long speculated that people have no idea what to expect for DSiWare.

It does get better though, PicoPict and HacoLife are far and above anything on the store at the current time.

Somnid

VOOK said:
It does get better though, PicoPict and HacoLife are far and above anything on the store at the current time.

Not really. Throwing more puzzle games at a service made up of puzzle games isn't going to spark interest outside of PicoPict's 8-bit nostalgia factor.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Somnid said:
Not really. Throwing more puzzle games at a service made up of puzzle games isn't going to spark interest outside of PicoPict's 8-bit nostolgia factor.

Then again, we haven't seen everything from the West. Mixed Messages while not perfect was something pretty fun out of left field.

Top Bottom