• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2/17

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
At First I Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
image14.gif

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Sadly, the director already left Monolith IIRC. I also want Project X Zone 3. More Haken also welcomed
Awww shit really? What a bummer, I loved those games. And yeah, Haken must be the chaddest of chads when it comes to JRPGs protagonists. I loved the cast overall even if most of the dialogue where jokes and exposition, it had it's charm.

gamer82

So I think mario has had a fair amount of games since launch so I doubt we will get another for a while of anything maybe mk9.

What I would like is another donkey Kong and a really good long Kirby game.

A metroid title as just playing my first on 3ds now and enjoying it.

Possibly a new wario land and a Dr Mario game title like Tetris 99.

Maybe they will release mario 99 now on physical.

Some old school stuff on nes turtles, McDonald's land duckhunt with gyro aim.

Last edited:

SamFo

Consider me hyped. 2021 looks to be stacked for Nintendo, and I’m sure they have a few surprises left to drop as well. This year is going to be good for gaming I think.
Does it? What are the big games announced? I don't even know.

Is this supposed to be a clue or something?

Doesn't really read that way to me, even though I'd kill for it to be the case.
Many people expect a 2d Metroid and a Zelda Collection, and this girl usually is pretty informed on everything Nintendo

Also, I expect this stuff too

These two games plus a Pokèmon collection with at least Emerald in it would make my year on switch absolutely marvelous

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I'll be happy with anything Metroid-related...even if it does just turn out to be Samus Aran for Fortnite. It's a season about bounty hunters, and with Donald Mustard apparently being a big fan of Super Metroid...I think there's a good chance.🤞

Last edited:

Davey Cakes

Zelda will be there. If it’s not BotW2, then it’s something for the anniversary. Maybe even a Zelda Game & Watch like the one Mario got.

Metroid is a question mark. They could shadow drop Metroid Prime Trilogy for all we know. If development has been going decently, then a teaser (at most) is in the realm of possibility.

It’s not far fetched to expect something from each of these franchises.

Last edited:

daclynk

2019 wasn't completely awful - especially on paper - but it was full of disappointments.
Astral Chain was a mediocre action game.

Overall, that's 2 or 3 good games for me - a bad return. However most people loved Three Houses which paints the whole year in a very different light.
what are you talking about? its best innovative action game Platinum have made in years and has room for improvements.

Michele

you.
I know it sounds stupid, but I've been waiting for Mihoyo to announce a date for the Switch version of Genshin Impact. I wonder when will it come? It's already on PS5...

On a more serious note, I want to maybe see a Mario and Luigi RPG game. They also mentioned Smash though, so I wonder if there might be a small reveal or DLC update?

Doczu

I'll be happy with anything Metroid-related...even if it does just turn out to be Samus Aran for Fortnite.🤞
No, no, no. Not like that. It would be like that Silent Hill themed stuff for another game that Konami is pushing. All their fb posts are filled.with dissapointed fans.
Nintendo should know better after Federation Force that people are really going to start a meltdown if.that's the only thing they show.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
No, no, no. Not like that. It would be like that Silent Hill themed stuff for another game that Konami is pushing. All their fb posts are filled.with dissapointed fans.
Nintendo should know better after Federation Force that people are really going to start a meltdown if.that's the only thing they show.

I'm hoping they have a Metroid double-tease: Fortnite Samus (to be the Nintendo representative to go along with Kratos and Master Chief), and then the big news being some footage of Prime 4 or a 2D Metroid. :)

Last edited:

Zannegan

I love these things. What makes it all the sweeter is that I had honestly given up waiting, thinking we were going to be stuck with twitter trailers and shadow drops from now on.

My only gripe is that it goes live around 7am here, and I'll be starting my commute. No time to watch it over lunch either what with one thing and another. It's going to be a long day.

Last edited:

packy34

I bet there's a new Mario + Rabbids game.

No Zelda - no way it's first half 2021.

Sora in Smash.

Extremely short Bayonetta 3 trailer. Still no release date.

Minor Animal Crossing updates.

A few indie shadowdrops.

SMTV gets a release date.

Genshin Impact comes to Switch.

I can't think of anything else in the realm of realistic expectations.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I’m keeping my expectations low for this one and thinking we’ll have a bit of a drought until Fall despite the long video.

Hoping they can shore summer up with some rereleases like a nice Zelda all stars trilogy thing. Probably some DLC for Hyrule Warriors 2 and obviously Smash Bros and surely Animal Crossing at some point. That and lots and lots of indies.

Also expecting one out of nowhere surprise. Nothing too crazy but maybe something weird like a GTA5 or Persona 5 port. I guess the latter isn’t weird and can be almost expected given Smash Bros and Persona Strikers.

I hope I’m wrong and we get Metroid awesomeness instead!

Last edited:
Isn't it the 35th anniversary of Zelda in literally a few days? I wonder whether they'll have anything to celebrate that franchise.

angelgs90

Expectations:

Zelta Breath of the Wild 2
Zelda Wind Waker HD
Zelda Twilight Princess HD
Zelda Skyward Sword HD
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid Prime 4

Reality:

New fighters for Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Another expansion for Pokemon Sword/Shield

KungFucius

King Snowflake
It's Hylians, HY-LIANS.
Is it? The post you quoted was presumably trying to capture all the races. I thought the Hylians were Zelda's race and sometimes Link's race and that Hyrule was whole world. I thought Hyrule was the whole world in Zelda 1 at least. The mythology is convoluted as fuck though and they only really tied new games to the past games after OoT. Is Hyrule (now) just the kingdom of the Hylians?

Is there a general word used to describe all of the races in Zelda games? If Hyrule is not the whole planet, then Hyrulians is madeup BS, but Hylians are just one race so there needs to be a larger category to group together the Hylians, Gorons, Gerudo, Koroks, Zora, Rito, etc. Does that word exist in the games?

Expectations:

Zelta Breath of the Wild 2
Zelda Wind Waker HD
Zelda Twilight Princess HD
Zelda Skyward Sword HD
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid Prime 4

Reality:

New fighters for Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Another expansion for Pokemon Sword/Shield

Agreed. We are not getting anything interesting other than the time boxing. This will be about stuff coming out between now and some date in the future and we can expect the good stuff to be revealed around that time.

Last edited:

Rob_27

Windwaker, Metroid collection, star wars - shadows of the empire.
Just bring N64, GC titles to the store!!

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Oh hey guys, my cousin's girlfriend's uncle's sister's lover works for Nintendo. This is what will be revealed tomorrow

1 - Mother 3
2 - Breath of Wild 2 gameplay reveal
3 - Metroid Prime 4 Teaser trailer
4 - New Super Metroid (2D Metroidvania)
5- Porky is the next Smash DLC (revealed alongside the Mother 3 announcement)
6 - Playtonic will reveal they're working on Donkey Kong Country 4 and it will be called Donkey Kong Country 4 too. Not Returns 3
7 - Astral Chain 2
8 - Spirit Tracks Switch Edition
9 - Xenoblade Chronicles X Redux
10 - Yoshi's Island HD Definitive Edition
It could be that and the internet would still be disappointed.
It’d be something like this:

Mother 3 - Ehhh too late, already played it patched on GBA, also Magypsies censored because SJWs, Nintendoomed!

BOTW2 - A direct sequel? Same world, same artstyle? Also BOTW was boooooring, why no Skyward Sword remaster with normal controls instead? Nintendoomed!

MP4 - Yeah, no way they can make it as good as the trilogy, also it’s coming out in 2024 at the earliest and where’s my remastered trilogy, btw? Nintendoomed!

2D Metroid - Fuck that, work on MP4 instead! Nintendoomed!

Porky in Smash - Who’s this guy no one ever heard about, where’s fucking Geno Nintendo?? Doomed!

DK4 - Fucking Playtonic? Yakuza Baybee or whatever it was called sucked donkey balls, also fucking Donkey Kong again? Doomed!

Spirit Tracks - Worst Zelda ever after Phantom Hourglass, where’s my BOTW 2 and my SS remaster with normal controls? Doomed!

Yoshi’s Island - More Yoshi? Nintendo is for fucking toddlers! Doomed!

Umbasaborne

Banned
Nintendo youtubers everywhere: “oh boy time to maximize our profits and milk this direct until its dry. We need a prediction video, a live reaction video, a post reaction video, a reaction and analysis video for every single game announcement and every one of them needs to be ten plus minutes so we can get our ad revenue. All of these videos need to be out this week. We can only make nintendo direct money like two or three times a year!”

Komatsu

News about the next Fire Emblem would be nice. At this stage it's the only Nintendo franchise besides Zelda I could give a rat's ass about.

HotPocket69

Banned
Nintendo youtubers everywhere: “oh boy time to maximize our profits and milk this direct until its dry. We need a prediction video, a live reaction video, a post reaction video, a reaction and analysis video for every single game announcement and every one of them needs to be ten plus minutes so we can get our ad revenue. All of these videos need to be out this week. We can only make nintendo direct money like two or three times a year!”

There’s nothing more embarrassing, and meaningless like reaction vids.

So fucking dumb.

I NEED THE HITS. LET ME SHRIEK AND CRY LIKE A BITCH FOR MORE!

Umbasaborne

Banned
There’s nothing more embarrassing, and meaningless like reaction vids.

So fucking dumb.

I NEED THE HITS. LET ME SHRIEK AND CRY LIKE A BITCH FOR MORE!
Maybe im jaded, but i fucking hate modern youtube culture so much. I wish we could go back like 12 years ago before there was so much money involved and people were putting out neat videos because it was a hobby.

the worse and most blatent examples of people being there simply to cash a check are fucking cretinous vultures who make their pennies by shitting out some fake ass reaction video. Seriously, if you look up any game or movie trailer its just a sea of shit eating faces trying to looked shocked as they react to trailer. I wish i could just block them all

Last edited:

ebevan91

Reminds me of certain Poketubers I watch.

And even worse are the ones who post literally every leak/"rumor" they come across and when even just one of them is a tiny bit correct they're like "I TOLD YOU SO". Like OK you were "correct" about this one but what about the other 87 leak/rumor videos you posted that turn out to be false?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i agree that youtube sucks. there are still some good fun videos made by people not in it for the money if you dig deep enough but most of it is bullshit. people just looking for money. don't forget to subscribe and smash that like button. it really helps!!!!!

the adverts have got out of hand too. i don't mind a short one before a video but now you're getting 1 or 2 adverts that are sometimes 2-4 minutes long (yeah you can skip) and then like 2-3 during the video itself. i have an adblocker on my desktop but watching youtube on my TV is awful.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Reminds me of certain Poketubers I watch.

And even worse are the ones who post literally every leak/"rumor" they come across and when even just one of them is a tiny bit correct they're like "I TOLD YOU SO". Like OK you were "correct" about this one but what about the other 87 leak/rumor videos you posted that turn out to be false?

haha, i dont want to derail the thread too much, but yes. These people try to come off as an authority on the subject yet all they do is regurgitate stuff from here, era, or reddit. And they have about as much knowledge on the subject as your average forum poster. At least when a site like giant bomb discusses the industry, you know those guys have years of experience entrenched in it to base their claims
Off of.

Top Bottom