• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.11.7 on Wii U system features - Nov. 7, 6AM EST

ohlawd

I wonder how Nintendo will handle the fact there will be hundreds of games to display at one point. The most played games will always be on the front?

Folders!

Maybe Nintendo will allow the user to switch it up and change what appears in the Plaza.

Bear

Bad, unbelievably bad. I mentioned this earlier, his Japanese sounds as stereotypically "American" as is possible.

He's the perfect charicature of American culture to Japan now that I think about it.

Reminds me of when I was learning mandarin.

Although I wasn't that bad. I had a noticeable accent but nothing like that.

Lyude77

I wonder how Nintendo will handle the fact there will be hundreds of games to display at one point. The most played games will always be on the front?

Some of it might be cut down based on what games you own, at least half and half. I can't imagine it would be mostly games a person didn't own on Wara Wara. They could just be the more high profile-ish/recommended titles too...I can't see something like Ninjabread Man making the main plaza for everyone.

I wonder if you can shrink the icons down to show 60 at once like you can on the 3DS.

jbqiBDf8OJ2AnW.jpg

Doesn't look like you can do it from the main menu itself, but the option could be hidden under the Settings app.

Does Miiverse and message boards and stuff extend to Virtual Console games? A home page like New Super Mario Bros U has but for all the classic games too? That would be awesome, having a place to talk about classic favorites with others that play them too.

Even if thats not there, everything they showed off on the Japan Nintendo Direct is perfect. I love everything Nintendo is doing. Too bad NoA can't show it off as well at all.

Bad, unbelievably bad. I mentioned this earlier, his Japanese sounds as stereotypically "American" as is possible.

He's the perfect charicature of American culture to Japan now that I think about it.

Why can't Americans just learn perfect japanese without accents the way that all Japanese immigrants learn flawless english in North America?

PetrCobra

jbqiBDf8OJ2AnW.jpg

Doesn't look like you can do it from the main menu itself, but the option could be hidden under the Settings app.

If I designed it, I would probably use + and - buttons for that (there could be two touch icons as well but maybe it makes no sense to have such a functionality take up screen space when almost nobody probably uses it more than once). Going to setting to do it seems too complicated.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
slightly off-topic but there hasn't been an unboxing of the US system yet, right? Is it known yet whether the bundled Nintendo Land is a boxed copy or just Wii Sports-esque packaging?

Well at the end of the NoE subbed version they had a note that it includes Nintendoland and a sensor bar and they used an image of the DVD case to illustrate this. Don't take this as a final confirmation.

But then again Wii Sports came in a DVD in Europe but I heard only as a sleeve in the Americas.

Teknoman

Well at the end of the NoE subbed version they had a note that it includes Nintendoland and a sensor bar and they used an image of the DVD case to illustrate this. Don't take this as a final confirmation.

But then again Wii Sports came in a DVD in Europe but I heard only as a sleeve in the Americas.

Only a sleeve for wii sports in NA unfortunately.

NateDrake

jbqiBDf8OJ2AnW.jpg

Is the bar graph an activity log? I love that feature and it's great to see on Wii U.

So, how do I get my WiiVC purchases on my Wii U? Wait we still don't know? Brilliant.
Thought I read somewhere that Nintendo said you can transfer them over with an SD card and then connect to the eShop. More details are coming soon.

Revven

I'm impressed with how the OS looks in general. It's good to see Nintendo sticking to their simple and intuitive designs. :)

Should we have some sort of preview thread for when all the sites start popping up content?
Giant Bomb already have a TANK TANK TANK quick look.

Not sure if that would count as another 'mega thread'?

Should we have some sort of preview thread for when all the sites start popping up content?
Giant Bomb already have a TANK TANK TANK quick look.

Not sure if that would count as another 'mega thread'?

A preview thread to group everything together sounds better than a billion separate preview threads to me.

Anth0ny

I'm impressed with how the OS looks in general. It's good to see Nintendo sticking to their simple and intuitive designs. :)

Yeah, I gotta say, Nintendo's OS absolutely murders Playstation and Xbox. So organized and clear.

Turn on my 3DS, boom, everything I need neatly organized on a single screen. Same deal with Wii, and soon, Wii U. Can't say the same about PS3 and AdBox 360.

TriGen

A preview thread to group everything together sounds better than a billion separate preview threads to me.

That's not how the mods feel, though. It doesn't really matter at this point anyways, the Wii U mega launch thread should be up by Sunday and then everything can be posted about the Wii U in there.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Rules for unboxing videos:

Did you bow at the beginning?
Did you wear white gloves?
Does your hair look lush?

If you answered no to any of the above please burn your camera, delete all footage and never speak of this incident ever again.

Rules for unboxing videos:

Did you bow at the beginning?
Did you wear white gloves?
Does your hair look lush?

If you answered no to any of the above please burn your camera, delete all footage and never speak of this incident ever again.

4. Did you apologise for making a mess of it?

That's not how the mods feel, though. It doesn't really matter at this point anyways, the Wii U mega launch thread should be up by Sunday and then everything can be posted about the Wii U in there.

I've created one in the mean time. Otherwise things like the Giant Bomb stuff will get lost in their thread (arguably a mega thread).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498851

Will try to keep the OP up to date until an OT is posted.

Top Bottom