• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Nintendo Direct 2012.2.22 - Feb 22nd, 6AM EST [Over]

Jackano

Jan 19, 2006
France
twitter.com
Frak I have only my japanese 3DS with me, no message (I havn't played OoT3D on my japanese 3DS, only EU).

Hope:
Original duo of games like the Oracles

Bet:
ALttP 3D classic
TAoL on virtual console
Oracles on virtual console

Still starnge they didn't mentionned it at all in the japanese conference.

Nov 8, 2010
Most expensive game in the eShop so far, not counting DSiWare? Prices have been very aggressive for the latest 3DSWare stuff (everything at 5-6€) so this better be packed with content to justify it.

Judging from the trailer this isn't just a tower defense game but an action adventure with tower defense segments.

Jan 25, 2012
Frak I have only my japanese 3DS with me, no message (I havn't played OoT3D on my japanese 3DS, only EU).

Hope:
Original duo of games like the Oracles

Bet:
ALttP 3D classic
TAoL on virtual console
Oracles on virtual console

Still starnge they didn't mentionned it at all in the japanese conference.

Dude it's not even that good. Zelda Swapnote stationery.

(Actually I think that's awesome)

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Jan 30, 2010
https://twitter.com/Agnates
metacouncil.com
It's over.

Definitely not coming to Europe:

Fatal Frame
Monster Hunter
So, those of you pissed at Fatal Frame Zero 2's exclusion from the NoE feed...

Nintendo of Europe @NintendoEurope
Two games from Project Zero team coming to Europe Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir on #3DS & Project Zero 2: Wii Edition

:D
One down, glad it happened this soon, won't have to hear all the unfounded "it's never coming here" preaching for long in this case.

Jan 25, 2012
C'mon if they're releasing Fatal Frame, Monster Hunter surely can't be too far behind.

But remember, that's Capcom's choice, not Nintendo's. Unlike the other games.

beje

Banned
Dec 9, 2008
So then why was it removed from the video?!

Now that I think about it, it might have something to do with age restrictions. I have just noticed MH3 and FF2 are the only games susceptible of being rated 16+ or higher. The rest are a 12+ at most for KH3D and maybe Culdcept or EO4.

JKTrix

Dec 5, 2008
Bermuda
So then why was it removed from the video?!

So what does this mean for the unconfirmed games that were in the video?
As far as Zero/Fatal Frame goes, the whole European presentation was rated 'PEGI 12' at the very beginning. It probably exceeded that rating.

Edit: Beaten. Didn't know Monster Hunter was rated higher than that, though I'm not familiar with the PEGI ratings.

Wiseblade

Jul 21, 2009
London
Now that I think about it, it might have something to do with age restrictions. I have just noticed MH3 and FF2 are the only games susceptible of being rated 16+ or higher. The rest are a 12+ at most for KH3D and maybe Culdcept or EO4.

I didn't think of that.

Ragus

Banned
Jan 8, 2011
Why did we, europeans got this message? Why not Japan?

Could it mean that Reggie is going to drop the bomb?

Hype continues.

beje

Banned
Dec 9, 2008
NOA stream seems to be rated E10+ as well so don't expect seeing stuff like Pandora, Last Story, MH3 or FF2 as well.

Lord Ghirahim

Jul 2, 2011
What? Where did that come from? Can I get it too?!

Send me the Zelda one, and I'll send you the Game Center CX one.
PM.

edit: no more PMs please ;//
Ask for the stationeries you're missing in the swapnote thread, hundreds should have them by now.

thefro

May 14, 2006
Some IGN editor was chasing up the Operation Rainfall dudes for a story yesterday... guess this was the scoop.

My understanding was that has to do with Op Rainfall making Wikis on IGN's site for Xenoblade/The Last Story/Pandora's Tower.

Jul 15, 2004
UK
I've sent the Zelda stationery on to my friends list in Swapnote...

I really hope he *is* teasing <New!> Legend of Zelda... a new top down Zelda (maybe with multiplayer or online like NSMB Wii?) would be amazing. Hell, any new top-down Zelda would be amazing.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Jul 23, 2009
www.facebook.com
Hey! Listen!

Rhod just posted/translated this over in the seaman thread:

http://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/172300946716639232

If I'm reading it right, he says:

"Some incorrect information was published on Monday, as is happening quite often a source is mixing information with no context, and supposition/assumptions. It's surprising that these gossip-magazine style tactics are being used".

He is most likely talking about the Nikkei artice, but no idea if it is about Seaman or the "Nintendo is looking to revitalize forgotten third party franchises" thing.....

Oct 1, 2006
I've sent the Zelda stationery on to my friends list in Swapnote...

I really hope he *is* teasing <New!> Legend of Zelda... a new top down Zelda (maybe with multiplayer or online like NSMB Wii?) would be amazing. Hell, any new top-down Zelda would be amazing.

What if it's 2D Zelda but a sidescroller???

New Legend of Zelda II!!!!!!!

UncleSporky

Sep 22, 2006
Hey! Listen!

Rhod just posted/translated this over in the seaman thread:

http://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/172300946716639232

If I'm reading it right, he says:

"Some incorrect information was published on Monday, as is happening quite often a source is mixing information with no context, and supposition/assumptions. It's surprising that these gossip-magazine style tactics are being used".

He is most likely talking about the Nikkei artice, but no idea if it is about Seaman or the "Nintendo is looking to revitalize forgotten third party franchises" thing.....

Makes sense that it would be the revitalizing old franchises thing. Easy to try to extrapolate that from the Seaman news, and it's a statement about Nintendo's strategy as a whole, therefore something that might need refutation.