• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.2.22 - Feb 22nd, 6AM EST [Over]

goomba

Banned
22/2/ is the 1 year anniversary of the christchurch earthquake that killed 184 people here :(

Glad something else is happening to distract me.

Zenaku

I also expect info on Hatsune Miku, with a release of the announced demo following.

While I expect to see at least one or two game announcements, would they really reveal Pokemon before Pokemon Smash this Sunday? If any mention goes through, it'd likely be "Pokemon Grey will be releasing this year; find out more details this Sunday".

If Wii news is in there though, I wonder if we'll get a new date for Fatal Frame 2R? If it goes unmentioned any longer, I wouldn't be surprised to see it moved to Wii U.

oh right a massive amount of demos incoming
3AQmK.gif

I also expect info on Hatsune Miku, with a release of the announced demo following.

While I expect to see at least one or two game announcements, would they really reveal Pokemon before Pokemon Smash this Sunday? If any mention goes through, it'd likely be "Pokemon Grey will be releasing this year; find out more details this Sunday".

If Wii news is in there though, I wonder if we'll get a new date for Fatal Frame 2R? If it goes unmentioned any longer, I wouldn't be surprised to see it moved to Wii U.

I guess it could happen. Pokemon Smash and Nintendo Direct are aimed at totally different demographics. Nintendo Direct is for the gamers who read gaming news on the internet and Pokemon Smash is a Sunday morning Cartoon show hosted by clowns and stuff, for little kids.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Wonder if there's any chance for another Wii game out of the blue like Pandora's Tower. Probably not.

monome

Iwata having a conference on the western releases day of VITA is sweet.
Old school Nintendo vs Sega trashing vibe.

But, FFVII on 3DS is a megaton?
Really? the game has been played to death by 99% of the potential buyers of a 3DS version.

3DS needs to pump out original content, like a new Nintendo IP or some screens of the next Mario since it's been revealed already.

Biggest megaton for me would be a "3D sequel" to Zelda 1.
Same perspective, nice graphics but with an emphasis on all new assets (new ennemies, new places, new items, new story ; Hell I could do with no Link or Zelda if it helps return to the roots).

Iwata having a conference on the western releases day of VITA is sweet.
Old school Nintendo vs Sega trashing vibe.

But, FFVII on 3DS is a megaton?
Really? the game has been played to death by 99% of the potential buyers of a 3DS version.

3DS needs to pump out original content, like a new Nintendo IP or some screens of the next Mario since it's been revealed already.

Biggest megaton for me would be a "3D sequel" to Zelda 1.
Same perspective, nice graphics but with an emphasis on all new assets (new ennemies, new places, new items, new story ; Hell I could do with no Link or Zelda if it helps return to the roots).

FF6 3ds would be a personal megaton. but so would rpg mode for mario tennis.

GDGF

Soothsayer
So first Pokemon rumors and then this?

Got a feeling we're going to hear something big tomorrow.

Luigiv

You're times list seems a bit incomplete You should add:

AEDT: 10 pm, 22/2
JST: 8 pm, 2/22
AWST: 7 pm, 22/2

CET: 12 pm, 22/2
GMT: 11 am, 22/2

to the list.

Edit: Oh cool, you did. Cheers.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
As the previous ones, I think it will be focused on the next releases (as DQX for Wii or Kid Icarus and KH for 3ds for example) but maybe we could see some new release dates announced (Mario Tennis?), new footage (Fire Emblem?) and maybe some e-shop title?

Top Bottom