• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2015.5.31 - 7 pm JP, 6 am EDT, 3 am PDT

Nintendo has announced a Nintendo Direct for Sunday 5/31 at 7 pm Japan Time, covering this summer's Wii U and 3DS titles, running for about 31 minutes. Morimoto-san will be presenting.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20150531/index.html

Countdown clock
Times worldwide

I'll be providing live translations here in the OP and on Twitter: @Cheesemeister3k.

First, a Dragon Quest VIII for 3DS trailer.
New characters Morrie and Gelda. 8/27, 5980 yen plus tax.
Super Robot Taisen BX for 3DS now.
SD Gundam appearing. BX 8/20, 6640 yen plus tax. UX download on sale at 3800 yen through 6/30.
Tobidase! Nyanko Daisensou 3DS download for 719 yen plus tax following presentation.

Create your own town with the "My Castle" feature in Fire Emblem If for 3DS.
Swap My Castles via StreetPass and visit others' towns, fight their parties.
FE If suports FE Amiibo.
FE If 6/25, 4700 yen plus tax.
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer and Amiibo cards 7/30, 4000 and 300 yen/pack respectively. NFC dongle same day.
Happy Home Designer New 3DS set, NFC dongle set, cover plates.
Famicom Remix: Best Choice. 16 games from 1 & 2, largely like Wii U ver. Fast Mario. 8/27, 3700 yen.
Pokemon Super Mysterious Dungeon. Choose from 20 Pokemon. 9/17, 4700 yen.
Guru-Guru Chibi Robo 3DS!
Side-scrolling Chibi Robo. Use plug as a weapon, grappling hook. Collect blue orbs to extend reach. Break blocks.
Chibi Robo Amiibo figure. Level it up, become Super. Fall release, Amiibo simultaneous release.
Dr. Mario now. Recent/new modes, versus play. Internet, local share. 880 yen following presentation.
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games for Wii U and 3DS.

Wii U software now. Super Mario Galaxy 2700 yen today, on sale for 1890 yen through 6/14. Buy Galaxy, get 30% off last 6.
Yoshi's Woolly World. Lots of colors and patterns. Rainbow Yoshi, Winter Yoshi, Moo-Moo Yoshi, Piranha Yoshi, Famicom Yoshi.
Over 50 types of Yoshi. Collect bunches of yarn. Use power badges for special powers. Increase yarn ball size, etc.
Beads are needed to use power badges. Amiibo unlock character-patterned Yoshi.
Yoshi's Woolly World 7/16, 5700 yen. 7000 yen set, Amiibo 1800 yen each.
Koopa Jr., Dr. Mario, Olimar Amiibo 7/30.

Bandai-Namco presents Project Treasure.
Capcom presents from From Software: Monster Hunter Poka-Poka Airou Village DX 9/10, 3900 yen. One more from Capcom...
Monster Hunter X (Cross) for 3DS, winter 2015. The end.

Japan only or worldwide?

EDIT: Looks like it's Japan only. In other words: no reason to give two shits. Stay tuned for E3, my fellow gaffers.

Hasney

That is unexpectedly close to E3.

Clearly want to get the summer games out of the way because they have SO MUCH to talk about at E3.

I wish

If it's Japan only, it'll probably be the Japanese version of the part of E3 that talks about already announced games.

Einbroch

Banned
Makes sense. Focus on what's coming out in the next few months in this Direct, focus on what's coming out this fall, winter, and beyond at E3.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Japan only

I just saw it over at Perfectly Nintendo and was "wait what, nobody made a thread on neogaf yet?"

and then i saw this thread.

backlot

Probably just Japan exclusive stuff right? Can't imagine why they wouldn't just wait til E3 if that wasn't the case.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
5月31日[日] 19時より放送スタート
今年夏に発売予定のWii Uとニンテンドー3DSのタイトルを中心に任天堂広報室の森本が直接お届けします。
※放送はシステム上のトラブル等により予告なく中止する場合があります。あらかじめご了承ください。
※紹介されるソフトには、年齢制限があるものが含まれる場合があります。
Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20150531/index.html

Not much information, mentions titles that are under an age gate.

Well one of their summer games (Fire Emblem if) comes out not long after E3 so maybe they want to get some info out on it in a Direct that isn't to close to release? I dunno.

TheMoon

More info on Art Academy? I'm really looking forward to that release.

Art Academy (probably also June in JP), Yoshi's WW (probably also June in JP), Rhythm Tengoku the best plus (june 11), Fire Emblem If (June 26).

count on those^

Nintendo's twitter accounts usually update every hour so I'd wait for around another 40 minutes to see if this is Japan only but it seems likely that's the case.

iKhayal18

Muajaja, real megatons are awaiting for this E3. They just want to get rid of all the minor announcements (updates on Smash DLC, Splatoon DLC and probably Yoshi-Animal Crossing 3DS Card Game) to focus on big announcements during the big Digital Event.

For those who said there would be not any significant new titles for Wii U during the Digital Event, be prepared. You'll notice that you were absolutely wrong if you thought that Nintendo would let the Wii U die agonising without even trying to help it a little bit more with the final deployment of good titles. Metroroido, FJiiro and Garage Project new IP's are around the corner.

Frodo

n9T5i7T.gif

Hype machines: on

Unless they only talk about Dragon Quest, eventually, the games they talk about will probably come to the west.

jariw

Art Academy (probably also June in JP), Yoshi's WW (probably also June in JP), Rhythm Tengoku the best plus (june 11), Fire Emblem If (June 26).

count on those^

A Splatoon content schedule during the summer could also be something to cover.

Kriken

This is Japan only and meant for Summer titles, I sort of expect this to be Nintendo's way of getting certain titles out of the way so they don't need to be at E3

Top Bottom