• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 9.4.2019 Announced

Chiggs

What a letdown of a show. Also, Doom 64 should have been ready to download today, for fuck’s sake.

Jubenhimer

I'm very interested in the SNES controller. Price is right. Isn't the NES controller double the price? Is that because it's more of a joycon? I can't remember.

The NES Controllers came in pairs, that's why they're more expensive. Here, this is just one controller.

Reactions: TLZ

Otterz4Life

I’m underwhelmed, but then again I couldn’t care less about Smash, Animal Crossing or Xenoblade.

Jedi Outcast was a great announcement, I guess. SNES Online has a nice group of launch games.

No Metroid Prime Trilogy? Guess I’ll have to break down and buy it for my Wii U.

Isa

Wow that was a pretty great show for me! Definitely a lot of stuff I'm getting, and all the rpg stuff was great to see. I noticed that #Fe looked like the same version for the most part sadly, but I'll still get it as I skipped it on the Wii U. Xenoblade Chronicles DE was really exciting too, as I almost bought it for my 3DS. Man with this year into 2020 my wallet is going to be bled dry.

iconmaster

Banned
I’m a little dizzy. I needed those moments of respite provided by the games we already knew about. Way more surprises than I expected. Plus everything we did expect (Banjo release, Terry, SNES games for online, Doom 64).

More Smash fighters after the Fighter Pass. I guess I wondered if that might happen, but now that they’ve said so my head is buzzing. Who else is there to add in?

Jedi Outcast is an old ass game, I want botw 2, a new pikmin, new metroid, new fzero, instead we get these old assassin creed ports, and some of you feeling satisfied? I didn't expect anything, but still was disappointed with the presentation.

engstra

From what Nintendo had said before the direct I thought the majority of the time would've been spent on Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon. Pleasantly surprised to see that was not the case! Some real awesome surprise announcements in there like Obra Din and Deadly Premonition. Luigi's Mansion looks so fun as well.

Was hoping to see some 3D Zelda ports but with Link's Awakening out so soon it makes no sense to announce them now. Still waiting for Metroid Prime Trilogy though...

mcjmetroid

What a letdown of a show. Also, Doom 64 should have been ready to download today, for fuck’s sake.

I'm sorry but what were people expecting here? It was a show focusing on primary 2019 stuff. There's already more than enough stuff since even the Summer.

We Had Maker 2
Fire Emblem
Astral Chain
all released already within the Summer with very high scores.

and there's more than enough coming this year including:
Dragon Quest XI
Doom Eternal
Pokemon
Luigis Mansion
Link's Awakening

And fact is there were games on that list like Divinity Original Sin 2 that nobody gave a shit about.
it's a fantastic game.

Saruhashi

Banned
Jedi Outcast is an old ass game, I want botw 2, a new pikmin, new metroid, new fzero, instead we get these old assassin creed ports, and some of you feeling satisfied? I didn't expect anything, but still was disappointed with the presentation.

Meh. I am sure a lot of people haven't played those old games.

It seems to be the same with every direct but I always end up just wondering how many games some people manage to play.

If Nintendo brings out a new game from one of their IPs every week then it just feels like a lot of those are never going to reach an audience.
Even if it's one every two weeks it still feels like the same problem.

Fire Emblem was a late July release and now we are into early September and I am still playing my way through and I am still frequently spending time on Mario Maker 2, which has been out 2 months now.

How many games do people actually need to be "satisfied". Are you playing a new game every week? Every month?

Saruhashi

Banned
I'm sorry but what were people expecting here? It was a show focusing on primary 2019 stuff. There's already more than enough stuff since even the Summer.

We Had Maker 2
Fire Emblem
Astral Chain
all released already within the Summer with very high scores.

and there's more than enough coming this year including:
Dragon Quest XI
Doom Eternal
Pokemon
Luigis Mansion
Link's Awakening

And fact is there were games on that list like Divinity Original Sin 2 that nobody gave a shit about.
it's a fantastic game.

I agree, people have crazy expectations.

I'm not even sure that people have enough free hours in their lives to fit in all the games they wish Nintendo were releasing.

"I have a one hundred game backlog but also I want Nintendo to announce EVERYTHING".

mcjmetroid

Pokemon is looking really rough. Like an upscaled ps2 game.

See here's the ting with Pokemon. I'd agree with you but it does look pretty sharp to me so far.
So many people have complained about Blurry games on the Switch like Xenoblade and even Mario Odyssey.

If they can get a game looking amazingly sharp then I'm ok with basic graphics.

It's hard to know from the footage we've seen so far though.

Fake

We have to expect more or they'll never do more. All of GameFreak's problems are solveable, from lacking all the Pokemon to visuals that wouldn't look out of place 15 years ago.
I stop asking from Game Freak a long time ago. I guess they reach their limit. IMO its time to hire other company for making pokemon games. At least one with experience using Unreal Engine.

Anw, are those SNES games DRM? If Nintendo put SNES probably GBA will be the next.

nordique

Also Luigi’s mansion 3 looks really good. I’m not even a big Luigi’s mansion fan!

If I did t have vampyr already I’d grab the switch version. Really good game

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
tenor.gif

cryptoadam

Banned
This direct was to highlight 3rd parties. It started with an Overwatch trailer, not Smash or Mario or Zelda. Tons of 3rd party games with lots of variety. No big bombs by Nintendo like Mario or Metroid or Bayo, thats for the next direct. Smash DLC was probably the biggest announcement. Fighter pass must have sold crazy numbers. And this allows Nintendo to keep the Direct Hype train going. Can't imagine a Direct without some sort of Smash announcement.

I think Nintendo kept mostly out of the way with some smaller "big" announcements so 3rd parties could get more of the shine.

Jan Direct and E3 will have some crazy stuff though.

mcjmetroid

THIS.

Plus, cross-save with the Steam version?

Forget the Witcher 3.

Exactly

On a related and unrelated note im just disappointed in some Nintendo fans and especially the media after this direct. Divinity Original sin 2 scored very high scores and is an excellent game and other new games were great too and all people can talk about is the new smash character. This goes for every direct.

I'd like to think Nintendo fans embrace new franchises these days more than other platforms, I mean Astral Chain making the top of the charts in the UK is a very big deal and never would have happened back in the day.

I love smash Bros but my heart sank when I heard they were going for a dlc pack 2. We're never going to stop hearing about constant talking about what the new characters are.

I understand it's fun to speculate but it bothers on unhealthy to me.

royox

Nintendo could have won E3 with just these announcements lol. They are literally lapping the other two consoles by 3x this year. It's fucking nuts.

With what? Old games that have been on other consoles for years? The biggest announcement of that direct was a remake of a Wii game that was ported to 3DS. Where is Bayo 3? Where is the next Metroid Prime? Where is Xenoblade X2?

Top Bottom