• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 9.4.2019 Announced

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Hope they improve the combat a bit too but the visuals look much nicer, especially the characters of course. Not quite XC2 level quality but well beyond the original.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
pretty dope stuff! Animal Crossing looks more and more interesting to me. DOOM 64 really has my curiosity too, it's one of the few I've never played. and the SNES games. yessss!!! looking forward to playing through ALTTP again for the first time in decades...

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
A LOT of content..

Nothing incredibly mind blowing for me, but it was a good Direct.

Animal Crossing is looking very good. I'm not much into Smash or Pokemon, but there were some nice updates for the people that like those.

Ogbert

Pretty good direct. Pleased about SNES and Divinity.

Would have loved a Mario announcement.

And Retro still awol.

kunonabi

Pretty lame direct aside from the excellent trailer for Terry and deadly premonition 2. A TMS port and a Xxenoblase Chronicles remake in particular were super disappointing.

RPGCrazied

That almost looks like a remake and not a simple remaster. Just look at Shulk's face. In the Wii version it looks painted on. This version looks very good.

Ogbert

Definitely feels like we’re at the stage where developers are saying ‘we need to put out a Switch game. Don’t care what it is. Raid our back catalogue. Just release something. Anything.’

psygn0sis

Definitely feels like we’re at the stage where developers are saying ‘we need to put out a Switch game. Don’t care what it is. Raid our back catalogue. Just release something. Anything.’

I'm still waiting Devil's Third Remastered and no, I'm not joking, I wanna play that

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Still no Metroid Prime Trilogy announcement... Still this direct was very good.
I don't think that one's happening to be quite honest. I never understood the rumour. I think it'd be easy to port and remaster Prime 1 and 2, but the third one has a whole bunch of little gameplay moments that were entirely designed for the Wii controller. I don't see how they can make it work.Ergo, the rumour was probably bullshit.

Wunray

So when does divinity original sin 2 launch today? like in about 3 hours or more cause my wallet is waiting.

TLZ

Banned
I wish that was the case. Like both the Galaxy games and 3D world are there waiting. Heck, I'll even take Sunshine.

Fbh

Decent show with lots of stuff but nothing too exciting.

Im kinda disappointed they have monolith working on a Xenoblade remake, would have preferred to see something new from them. Hopefully it's just a side team working on that.

I might get Tokyo Mirage Sessions just because some people keep insisting it's great. But the Jpop setting is such a turnoff for me

TLZ

Banned
I'm very interested in the SNES controller. Price is right. Isn't the NES controller double the price? Is that because it's more of a joycon? I can't remember.

checkcola

I'm very interested in the SNES controller. Price is right. Isn't the NES controller double the price? Is that because it's more of a joycon? I can't remember.

They double packed the NES controllers. The SNES controllers are being sold as a single. That's the difference.

Ivellios

I don't think that one's happening to be quite honest. I never understood the rumour. I think it'd be easy to port and remaster Prime 1 and 2, but the third one has a whole bunch of little gameplay moments that were entirely designed for the Wii controller. I don't see how they can make it work.Ergo, the rumour was probably bullshit.

Yeah im starting to lose hope on this one.

JimiNutz

Banned
In for Doom 64 and SNES!

Still waiting on 3D World and Prime Trilogy. Feels bad.

The Direct was well done. Packed full of content and announcements. Most of the games shown just weren't for me though.

Fushitsusha

Banned
I know! Shocked me to see that. If I had thread making privs I'd make one, this might be the biggest announcement out of the direct for me.
exciting news if they are testing the waters for a sequel. this is japan only, and you can play it in english with the fan translation soon so... still, interesting to have it ported to another system for the first time, and even cooler if they add new things.

Top Bottom