• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct announced for Sept 14, 2017 (midnight CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramparter

Banned
I have Bayonetta 1,2 and W101 on Wii U but never finished either.. but I certainly see why many would want them.
Personally I would love a last minute reveal of Ultra Sun/Moon on Switch but it aint happening.

Also a new Donkey Kong please!

is the world ready for a fun and exciting metroid prime game?

giphy.gif

I couldn't even really stand to play Starfox, the controls were just ugh. I wanted to play it, the presentation and stuff was what I wanted but it just wasn't any fun. What were Nintendo thinking??

Other M at least I could handle playing, its the better game but because I care more about Metroid than I do Starfox I think it was the bigger disappointment.

Another crap Starfox game was like shrug and *adds it to the pile* where Other M was like nooo!

Sothpaw

That's my assumption :p.

Sort of wish I'd played it just so I could say I did indeed find it to be bad. But I haven't so...maybe I'd surprise myself.

Yea I'm playing because it's the only Metroid game I haven't finished and my ocd and all.

sry for double post :/

Platinum on Metroid would surely be more promising than Team Ninja.

In all fairness, we just got a solid Metroid game by fucking MercurySteam of all people, lol. All you really need is good direction from the higher ups for the team to work with.

rekameohs

Banned
Which sucks more - Other M or Star Fox Zero?
Now that's a battle. I've gotta give it to Other M for terrible controls and a terrible story instead of Star Fox Zero and it's terrible controls. Both were more mistakes from Sakamoto/Miyamoto/Nintendo moreso than from Team Ninja and Platinum Games, though.

Astral Dog

In all fairness, we just got a solid Metroid game by fucking MercurySteam of all people, lol. All you really need is good direction from the higher ups for the team to work with.
And both were from Sakamoto lol.

I just think the man is better fit for smaller 2D games

At the very least, thank God we've finally arrived at the day.

Two days notice is honestly too much. They need to shadow drop these directs, lol.

Layell

Which sucks more - Other M or Star Fox Zero?

This isn't even a contest.

Other M is worse because it has bad gameplay, bad control scheme, and ruins everything that was good about Metroid. Its gameplay is nothing like Metroid exploration and is just boring to play.

Star Fox Zero is a decent game, but is punished because it was built as a last ditch effort to show that the Wii U gamepad was a good idea. Platinum pushed all it could in terms of action with the two screens. You can at least enjoy playing Zero.

I feel like this direct is going to be mostly third party stuff. I don't think a lot of those games will be new, and I think even fewer will be exclusive games. Porting an older game to Switch and then releasing an even more upgraded version to PS4/Xbox One/PC seems like a pretty good way to cover your bases. Maybe that'll be exciting depending on the announcements. And even if it's a bad direct, at least we'll get more Mario footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom