• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Mini Announced for June 28

Saber

Gold Member
Not sure about the idea of "mini", since their directs aren't exactly extensive.

Anyway, hope its good...even if its on the short side.

Banjo64

cumsessed
They should cold open the show with a black screen;

Pierce Brosnan GIF by James Bond 007

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Year 4, 5, 6 of switch basically you have to get gamers a new console it looks like Nintendo won’t address hardware Wii and Wii had the exceptions of launching alongside handhelds (ds, 3ds) if we can get a trailer it makes more sense than just ignoring the obvious.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Andyliini

Probably features at least Mario+Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, which is still scheduled for 2022. That's the only prediction I really have. Oh, and Dragon Quest Treasures is also a lock.

I'm also hoping for Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters, more Ys games and something from Capcom and Konami to feature. This is also the longest Third Party Showcase, the last time we had these was in September 2020, and there Monster Hunter Rise and Shin Megami Tensei V were shown. Also, that was annoumced beforehand, so I can expect at least 1 or 2 big games from this.

kubricks

I really want to play Odin sphere leifthrasir again. The combo system was just so much fun. Just when I thought Gwendolyn was best after completing her story, I start playing Velvet and OMG!

For years I was looking for similar games but never got that feeling again. Sakuna of rice and ruin came close but too bad I don't like the gameplay loop of farming and dining and then short fights.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I really want to play Odin sphere leifthrasir again. The combo system was just so much fun. Just when I thought Gwendolyn was best after completing her story, I start playing Velvet and OMG!
in my opinion leifthrasir is one of the best remaster/remake released, they VASTLY improve combat from PS2 version if someone prefers PS2 style they can change it to “classic”…..this is how its done.

This is why I’m super excited for GrimGrimoire OnceMore. It has it flaws back in PS2 but if they give it same treatment as leifthrasir it could turn out AMAZING!
GrimGrimoire-OnceMore_2022_04-14-22_002-320x449.jpg

Gambit2483

My prediction: Nintendo will be publishing Persona 5 R on Switch, similar to what they did with DQXI.

Tomorrow will either be a day of celebration or a day of despair for Persona fans on Switch

Kataploom

Gold Member
Great! Some may disagree but I hope I get some more third party ports of old console games I didn't play, I'm liking that trend since I could play lots of things as a child, specially some jrpg :)

bender

What time is it?
I played that game so many times, I rather see Digital Devil Saga 1&2.

I'm just not a big SMT fan. I always start those games, play a few hours and then get distracted by something else. I'm not even sure I'm a Persona fan as I've started P5 four of five times now and just can't ever make it much farther than the intro. I loved the setup and cast of P4 and only played it once on the Vita.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
... I'm not even sure I'm a Persona fan as I've started P5 four of five times now and just can't ever make it much farther than the intro
You already played much more than most P5 fans.

What's putting you off from keep playing P5? I like it much more than 4, seemed better paced to me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

What's putting you off from keep playing P5? I like it much more than 4, seemed better paced to me.
I liked P5 more because it actually brought back Demons as enemies instead of boring ass Shadows in P3&4.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I liked P5 more because it actually brought back Demons as enemies instead of boring ass Shadows in P3&4.
Yeah, that and the demon negotiations. They are much more fun than whatever that thing with the cards was.

bender

What time is it?

The murder mystery hook in the P4 intro just sank it's teeth into me. I wasn't the biggest fan of the combat but I really do love that cast of characters. I'm not knocking P5 as I haven't made it near far enough in to judge it but it just leaves me feeling a bit cold.

Reactions: Isa

data_jack

Hopefully bomb rush cyber funk release date, so I can play it a week later on Xbox (as it's one week switch exclusive)

Really looking forward to seeing how that turns out :)
I'm here for this too. Would be amazing as Team Reptile has been killing it with just about every game

Chastten

Banned
Would've preferred a normal one but I'll take it. Lots of potential here.

Even if its 'just' remakes of old Japanese games, there's so much I haven't played yet. Even from this thread, I'd play the Persona ports, lots of Vanillaware titles, Star Ocean. I mean, I'd love crazy surprises like a port of the old Lunar games, or even Drakengard 3. Lots of games never came to Europe, cause fuck us.

Stuff like the Klonoa, Front Mission and Chrono Cross announcements from last time would be great.

Surf Ninja

I can't believe all the leaks were off by one day... so close, which means they must have been accurate and had authentic sources the whole time.

Top Bottom