• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

jmizzal

Don't think it will be so soon. Didn't Retro just finish Tropical Freeze? No way they have something to show now. Unless its not by Retro, then who knows.

DKCTF came out over a year ago and was even done in 2013, I dont expect to see Retro game tomorrow but it should be at E3 with 2016 release date unless its moved to NX assuming its the next console

Let's see, I'm hoping we will get some more information on 3DS and WiiU releases this year! I want more info on Youkai Watch, and hopefully localization news for Final Fantasy Explorers, Theatrhythm Dragon Quest and Bravely Default 2. C'mon SE!
Hope they have new games to announce too. Liiiiiiiike the regular sized n3DS on top of that also!

Calamari41

41 > 38
If (IF) there is going to be something like a Twilight Princess remake to tide us over due to the Zelda U delay, I would imagine that it would be announced now. The proximity to the announcement of the Zelda U delay means this would be the perfect opportunity for them to soften that blow.

ash_ag

Spin-off games are seldom shown more than 3 months before launch. The only reason we saw this one is because it was in very early development (for Summer 2015 launch) when Tsunekazu Ishihara was being followed and showcased for the NHK TV Show, The Professionals. It was never officially revealed or detailed
They specified no mobile games.

Plus, it was also back then that they talked about exploring possibilities about a new game like Pokémon Trozei. While, sure, we got Battle Trozei a while ago, Shuffle arrived only recently. And something tells me Battle Trozei was a side-result of the R&D done in Genius Sonority back then, with Shuffle being the main one.

Smellycat

If (IF) there is going to be something like a Twilight Princess remake to tide us over due to the Zelda U delay, I would imagine that it would be announced now. The proximity to the announcement of the Zelda U delay means this would be the perfect opportunity for them to soften that blow.

lmfao, that would be amazing and hilarious. Getting 3 Zelda remakes before the new one.

Let's see, I'm hoping we will get some more information on 3DS and WiiU releases this year! I want more info on Youkai Watch, and hopefully localization news for Final Fantasy Explorers, Theatrhythm Dragon Quest and Bravely Default 2. C'mon SE!
Hope they have new games to announce too. Liiiiiiiike the regular sized n3DS on top of that also!
You have too much faith that SE will localize said games.
That being said, Theatrhythm Dragon Quest is plenty of fun.

Zoon

The only possible zelda for wii U would be a oot+mm hd pack.I could see tp coming as a VC title though.

Tehalemi

LET'S GO!!

iOVXzds.gif

JoeM86

Plus, back then they talked about exploring possibilities about a new game like Pokémon Trozei. While, sure, we got Battle Trozei, Shuffle also arrived only recently. And something tells me Battle Trozei was a side-result of the R&D done in Genius Sonority back then, with Shuffle being the main one.

Thing is, in that, they talked about doing interesting things with the 3DS's top screen since it was a different size. They did that in Battle Trozei but not in Shuffle.

I doubt Shuffle was in development for 2 years

random25

Direct this time is too early for me too. Guess I'm gonna be late to the party then.

All I need is the release date for Xenoblade X. Any other thing is just additional topping :p

I got excited thinking I would be watching it today since I have the day off. But I will catch it when I have some time off tomorrow. Excite-hype activate!

Hopeford

I'd love nothing more than to see a localization for the new Ace Attorney game announced. Can't imagine that's happening, but if Seth Rollins taught me anything it's that sometimes I shouldn't be so pessimistic.

Lunar15

I didn't expect a Direct, especially after Nintendo confirmed E3 will only show 2015 games. E3 is just a couple months away now

Yeah, but there's still stuff coming out before E3, which is what this will most likely focus on. Splatoon (May), DLC for Smash (soon?) and DLC for Mario Kart (May), Xenoblade X (Spring in Japan) are probably the main focuses, while we'll get some updates on future stuff (tidbit about FE:IF?) as well.

Maybe one or two rogue announcements, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

Excellent. Just want to see some Smash Bros news (Mewtwo, Miiverse stage, tournament mode, sharing, etc) and when the second round of MK8 DLC will release.

MilesTeg

Banned
I think we will see a couple unannounced games revealed tomorrow. Worldwide direct, says nothing about "games through Spring" or something. Here's hoping for some nice announcements.

I think they dont have more games to do Cross buy apart of Olli Olli that is already done.

I was referring more to the fact that maybe cross buy VC is coming in some form, since they were the first third party to have actual cross buy with no download code for the other platform (like Tipping Stars). Just reaching though :p

Banned
Sakurai:

We've been hard at work on Mewtwo DLC. During development we discovered new move sets that weren't possible before and therefore, we are delaying Mewtwo DLC to make him right. 2015 is no longer a priority for Mewtwo'a release.

*bows*

Top Bottom