• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I've watched the EU Direct.
Summarizing it there were (random order):

Wii U

- Mario Maker september release
- Splatoon date, amiibos and amiibo bundle (new mode too?)
- Yoshi date, amiibos and amiibo bundle (new mode for dummies)
- Fatal Frame this fall (YES YES YES)
- Persona Emblem still exists, first trailer, 15 fall in Japan, 16 here
- Smash DLC date, Lucas DLC announced, DLC poll
- MK8 DLC2 anticipated to April, 200cc mode announced (YES YES YES)
- DS and N64 Virtual console sudden launch
- eshop reel

3DS

- Fire emblem info, launch window (16), trailer
- Animal Crossing amiibo card announced
- Boxboy
- eshop reel (especially Streetpass games)
- Codename Steam: patch
- Puzzle&Dragon Mario edition demo

What have I missed from other Directs?
Ace Attorney trailer (Jap)
Rhythm heaven info and date (Jap)

Other crucial updates?

I'd say that the Wii U part was pretty awsome, I'm realy happy if they'll not ruin the release date schedule.

Personally I enjoyed the SMT x FE trailer. It's going to take a few more trailer (with gameplay in them) to convince most people to get excited about the game I think. I will admit, however, that I had to watch the trailer again before I could see the FE influence...Lol.

Steph_E.

giphy.gif

I know we all hate august, but It deserves to exist too :p

Excuse me!, my birthday is in August.

Griss

Pretty poor Direct... from the perspective of leaving things for E3, because it was fantastic.

Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 200CC, N64 on VC, Yoshi WW with yarn amiibo, Mario Maker, Mewtwo and Lucas, Splatoon amiibo, Amiibo cards, even bloody Fatal Frame! So much fantastic stuff.

Only bum note was SMTxFE... I just don't know what the hell that is, but I don't like it. Could still end up good, but it's worlds away from what I wanted.

Effect

No big game announcements, but I'm pretty excited about the MK/Smash updates and the new footage of previously announced stuff. Considering E3 isn't far, I thought it was very solid direct!

I think the reveal of SMT x FE is pretty damn big when it comes to RPGs. Same with Fire Emblem If's release plan and setup. Animal Crossing is a big deal and a new game is pretty important.

Quadraxis

It was a decent direct i guess. Still no word of Devil survivor 2 break record in europe :(.

And guys, play Pandora's Tower. It deserves to be played more, loved that game.

jmizzal

I think Xenoblade will be December. If this year at all.

They are not gonna push finished games to 2016 or back now that Zelda is delayed. With Zelda delayed they have even more resources to finish localization of Xenoblade.

I think Xenoblade will be the Aug game its a finished game, Devils Third we havent seen it for a year, I doubt to will throw it at us at E3 and then release in Augs.

They have been showing off Xenoblade a lot, even tho its only been in Japaneses. E3 all they have to do is have an english build and and announce its release date.

jariw

Expected and nowhere to be found:
  • New wave of Wii Releases on eshop - With Kirby coming to EU, and so many other title out there, a little surprising they're not playing this up more.
    [*]Major highlight for Affordable Space Adventures, rather than just a sizzle clip. Shocking because Nintendo should be treating this as a high profile game, on the same tier as Shovel Knight. It has a great team, great premise, and is 100% designed for the Wii U.
  • More info for Xenoblade X

Unfortunatelly, that's the way it works. NoA focus on indie games made on the NoA side, while NoE focus on the NoE indies. The NoE version of the Nintendo Direct had big focus on Affordable Space Adventures as well as Swords & Soldiers II, but no indie reel.

balgajo

Fuck this Direct. Nothing really interested me at all. All I wanted was a Zelda trailer and XCX release date. Also I wanted SMT X FE but the reveal was such a mess that I don't know what to expect. Cool things like 200cc and N64 VC(overpriced as fuck) but nothing really Direct worth for me.

Also, unhappy with amiibo functionality in games. But man, Splatton and Yoshi amiibo appear to be the most beautiful until now.

Davey Cakes

No big game announcements, but I'm pretty excited about the MK/Smash updates and the new footage of previously announced stuff. Considering E3 isn't far, I thought it was very solid direct!
The updates to existing titles are exciting.

They confirm that Nintendo will be supporting these games for the next several months.

Nintendo's games naturally fit additional content so it's nice to see them embrace updates/patches/DLC. Not only that but their practices are always well thought-out and if not free then they're worth the money.

Fuck this Direct. Nothing really interested me at all. All I wanted was a Zelda trailer and XCX release date. Also I wanted SMT X FE but the reveal was such a mess that I don't know what to expect. Cool things like 200cc and N64 VC(overpriced as fuck) but nothing really Direct worth for me.

Good for you.

Tom Nook

Also, unhappy with amiibo functionality in games. But man, Splatton and Yoshi amiibo appear to be the most beautiful until now.

At E3 2015

"Fuck this Direct. Nothing really......

Amiibo are out of control and Nintendo need to stop locking away chunks of games behind hard to find and expensive figures, just give people the option to pay for ingame DLC directly without the figures if thats what they want.

Still got to get that Yoshi though

Amiibo are out of control and Nintendo need to stop locking away chunks of games behind hard to find and expensive figures, just give people the option to pay for ingame DLC directly without the figures if thats what they want.

A. They're not DLC
B. Your last sentence is why Nintendo is going to keep doing Amiibo.

Tybolt

Banned
I think we need to organize some complaint against Nintendo for the lack of Collectable Badge Center announcements, or at least find out what their plans are for it for the US side of things. As it stands we have that troll update on the 3DS allowing us to save the multiple home screen layouts, but no reason to use it without this thing. It's bad enough we don't have the option to bling out the smaller New 3DS, but being able to customize the themes would be pretty neat.

A Wario Skin.
"Chunks of games" lol.

You buy a figure. As a bonus you get a season pass for cosmetical stuff and other small benefits in a varying amount of games.

Real Hero

Just accept your amiibo filled future

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

I do agree with that. It would be good for consumers and Nintendo's revenue. They still get the larger chunk of change from the Amiibo collectors, and can also get a smaller chunk of change just for the in-game DLC from people who would pass otherwise as they don't want Amiibos.

I like Amiibos, I have 10 and plan to grab Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus in September, but that will round out all the existing characters I care to collect. So I'd love an option to just buy DLC if it's worthwhile. If it's just stuff to date (out and announced) then I don't really care as it's mostly useless cosmetic stuff or minor gameplay additions anyway.

img-plaza-speech.jpg

I can see how this could be neat, but that price tag seems a bit high. I'd pay 2.99 for the text bubble customization options. It's supposed to have random themes, like the dolphin above, and some mascot themes like Mario & Animal Crossing.

virtualS

Nintendo have been dangling trinkets for close to a year without announcing commitments to anything substantially new and lots of people lap it up.

I said it before and I'll say it again: they've moved on internally.

They'll get done what they've already announced for WiiU though. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not expecting much more for it... unless Nintendo have found a way to easily get NX stuff working on their other devices.

DaBoss

Have they confirmed more modes anywhere? Or are we assuming because it's called Ranked Battle(s)?

I just hope the single player is deep.
They have been saying there are more modes and have been referring to splat zones as one of the ranked battle modes.

A. They're not DLC
B. Your last sentence is why Nintendo is going to keep doing Amiibo.

You can't play as any Fire Emblem character in Project S.T.E.A.M. without an amiibo. How is that not DLC?

They aren't in all cases. I think they're semi-justified in Smash as a fun extra, I've considered buy a Link amiibo to play around with. The Mario Kart skins are cute, no big deal. But I'm just afraid of amiibo being used to lock playable characters like they are in S.T.E.A.M. I don't care about that game, but the day you need to buy a toy from Nintendo in order to play as a character in Mario Kart, Smash, or even their flagship Mario and Zelda titles, I'm out.

Top Bottom