• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Zorfendor

Neo Member
I bought and watched the Pikmin shorts on my Wii U. They're really awesome, and I want Nintendo to make either a TV series or feature film in that style.

krizzx

Nkhb.png

Hype.

This will be a gen defining game for me.

I'm still worried about the single player though. Generally, when a game is made with multiplayer online, the single player story suffers.

We need more Xenoblade .gifs

Iwata looks like he had a brain stroke :(

One eye was smaller than the other and he shaked a lot :(

He needs to leave thar job, he's getting hurt in there

HUELEN10

On the contrary, his job and his love for it might be the reason he looks as well as he does!

You really can't say either way.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I was iust saying this in the new Pikmin thread but I watched the shorts on my wii u and fell in love with them. Super heart warming and really really high quality. So charming, miyamoto's really believes in this world and his vision shines here.

I hope he does more.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I was iust saying this in the new Pikmin thread but I watched the shorts on my wii u and fell in love with them. Super heart warming and really really high quality. So charming, miyamoto's really believes in this world and his vision shines here.

I hope he does more.

My mother does not know much about video games except for Mario & Pikachu, but she thought they were really cute. She initially thought they were Pixar shorts before the movie commenced.

I hope they do more, and get into the animation business with some of their properties.

My mother does not know much about video games except for Mario & Pikachu, but she thought they were really cute. She initially thought they were Pixar shorts before the movie commenced.

I hope they do more, and get into the animation business with some of their properties.

They should show one in the preview time before movies in theaters with info on the free demo, and on the game itself at the end. After they make a bit of money off of them first I suppose.

Neo Dark

Looking back at my bingo board, they actually revealed quite a lot today.
6nss0227r5rcd5b6g.jpg

Without going into the specifics, I got two bingos. Not bad for my first bingo board. I was a bit disappointed with the Hyrule Warriors DLC info though. We learned about the spinner but nothing specifically about the Twilight Princess release pack besides the fact they did confirm it was coming this month in North America which means whoever put the date on the eshop put the wrong date.

Trike

At E3, "lol at people being disappointed. Nintendo is saving everything for one of their directs. They're not part of your system".

might have worked if people didn't love Nintendo's E3 this year. Also was not trying to be apologetic for Nintendo, just realistic.

Tookay

- Japan 1st Party Wii U Forecast - (Speculation)

2015 Q1 Mario Maker?
2015 Q1 Kirby
2015 Q1 Art Academy DX
2015 Q2 Yoshi's Wooly World
2015 Q2 Splatoon
2015 Q2 XenoBlade Chronicles X
2015 Q3 Mario Party 10
2014 Q4 The Legend of Zelda
2014 Q4 Star Fox U
2014 Q4 Devil's Third

Mario vs Donkey Kong U - eShop Winter ?
Project Giant Robot - eShop Summer?
Project Guard absorbed into Star Fox U?

After the comments about how they were trying to get Xenoblade out in 2015, I'm not too confident about its chances in the first half of the year.

Doczu

still new to the Wii U, so i have a question. If i set the demo for Pikmin 3 to download and turn my console off, will it continue the download in standby mode?

After the comments about how they were trying to get Xenoblade out in 2015, I'm not too confident about its chances in the first half of the year.

Eh, they said Spring 2015 in the Japanese Direct. Considering the game has already been delayed, I'd say that they can reach that. Of course, other territories will depend on localization and when they think it can get the best sales.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Slightly off-topic, but just wanted to say that Europe has both Quick Start advice for both Pikmin 3 Demo and Short Movies and Shovel Knight themed icons and music on eShop.

big_z

he wasn't shaking and he's had the lazy eye thing for a while. look up pictures from the original wii reveal to compare. the only difference is his weight and thinning hair.

openrob

Hey, what's happening with ironfall?

http://youtu.be/0j4w_lt4rXI

I was just thinking this last week. The devs said in august that we will see something this year according to their FB page (look at the posts to page, the reply to some comments).

VD dev games said:
yes sorry for that, we are working so hard on the game, we decided to stop communication because we had too much mails to answer and less time to work in the game (we are only 3 in the team, so each hour is important for us), anyway when the game is 100% finished we will give a lot of infos on it. in 2014. thanks for your support

Tookay

Eh, they said Spring 2015 in the Japanese Direct. Considering the game has already been delayed, I'd say that they can reach that. Of course, other territories will depend on localization and when they think it can get the best sales.

My bad, I didn't know they locked down a Japanese time frame in their Direct.

fred

he wasn't shaking and he's had the lazy eye thing for a while. look up pictures from the original wii reveal to compare. the only difference is his weight and thinning hair.

Yup, and I thought he looked a lot better with that loss of weight. He was overweight before and looks much better for it imo.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
What? No, no, no. That wasn't about 2015. They just teased 2015. This is still valid: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/141030e.pdf

1st half 2015
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Yoshi
Project Giant Robot

And of course indie / other eshop titles and MK8 2nd dlc.

Don't know, man.
PAL is getting Toad in January, Kirby in the second half, Splatoon in Q2.
Xenoblade PAL comment was: We hope to have it for 2015...
It seems a drought is coming to Europe...

Of course, if Mario Maker, Yoshi and Project Giant Robot eshop will be first half together with Toad and Splatoon, it will be a good first half.
If MarioVSDK eshop, Art Academy, Kirby, Mario Party, Star fox, Xeno, Zelda and Devil's third will all be 2015 for real, it will be a great year.

L~A

Well, eating your own head is probably better than having to suck thousands of expanded dongs, right? Right?...

Anyway, great ND overall. Loved the stuff they showed :)

ChaosXVI

I can't imagine how anyone could be disappointed in that Direct...Majora's Mask has been the most ridiculous tease ever, for years now! And now they've finally confirmed that it's coming, and coming pretty damn soon for a freshly announced Zelda game. It explains why the Spring 2015 lineup wasn't looking so hot for 3DS, but now we know why, and I bet there's one more big game coming sometime in the first half of 2015 as well.

My only small gripe was not seeing Yoshi's Woolly World, but I would be shocked if they've moved it into H2 2015, probably saving it for a Direct in December or so.

WTF?!

I'm guessing there's a misunderstanding and that's really a radish or something diced up on his plate.

Olimar names the Pikmin after Pikpik carrots from his home planet because they look like them. Presumably, those are just those carrots. I don't really know, I haven't seen the shorts.

redcrayon

Etrian Odyssey 2 for 3DS
Final Fantasy Explorers for 3DS
Atelier Rorona for 3DS

These threee.... will they come to Europe though?
I think we'll see them all. However, I predict:
April 2016 for EO2
November 2015 for FFE
and a digital-only release in early 2016 for Atelier Rorona

As a lot of people expected, no New 3DS news. I'd bet on an announcement in January if they're bringing back regular directs now. 3DS needs some more first party games for 2015 as well so it makes sense.

Top Bottom