• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct : Tomodachi Collection confirmed for Europe/na

I've been burned before by this kind of game (I've jumped into the Animal Crossing New Leaf hype and hated the game), but this looks really-extra-roller-coaster fun. The Direct is hilarious!

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
So, did Nintendo give fair warning that this Direct was coming, or was this a stealth announcement?

Peru

Still pretty confused what exactly this is but I just have to get it. It's like those experimental narrative web games only a full-sized game by Nintendo.

a25b804d99669937cf48e11usr.jpg

Preach it, Reg.~

cacildo

Im finding it hard to resist this game. its just too funny

But from what i heard Gaf talking about the japanese version, it aint exactly very good...

Can somebody who played the japanese version answer the following questions?

- Is it true that you have little to none influence in the miis actions?
- The amount of content, is it a little on the light side? I mean, will the game grow repetitive over a short time?
- Is there any kind of multiplayer connection?

Peru

For those who have played the Japanese one. Can you interact with music here? Like add your own lyrics to some singing or vocoder stuff?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Gigaton. Day1 !!!

Need to stock up on acid

Salih

I was watching the direct and the only thing in my mind was: You can gif that and that and that and that and that and....

Principate

Saint Titanfall
My god that's certainly one way to sell this game went from zero interest to pretty damn mildly interested seems like a great game to have downloaded on your 3DS.

phanphare

Banned
FF style battle with Bill, Aonuma, Reggie, and Miyamoto against a giant hamburger

what is this game??

edit: my mistake. it was a veggie burger lol

kubus

Im finding it hard to resist this game. its just too funny

But from what i heard Gaf talking about the japanese version, it aint exactly very good...

Can somebody who played the japanese version answer the following questions?

- Is it true that you have little to none influence in the miis actions?
- The amount of content, is it a little on the light side? I mean, will the game grow repetitive over a short time?
- Is there any kind of multiplayer connection?

1. You have no influence on what they do, but they will ask your opinion on how to do certain things or where they should go for activities. You decide their interior, clothing and what they eat though.

2. There is a LOT of content but it takes some time to see everything. The island unlocks new places and activities gradually, similar to Animal Crossing. However some dialogue will get repetitive over time.

3. Not sure, there is streetpass though, but I haven't used it much because... Japan imported game in Europe :p.

For those who have played the Japanese one. Can you interact with music here? Like add your own lyrics to some singing or vocoder stuff?
Yes you can change the lyrics for all the songs!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I am going to buy this, and I did not know I needed it until this Direct. In fact, I still am not sure if I did need it. What did I just watch? Who are you people?

Cbajd5

Can someone please gif the face expanding to cover the Earth?

Oh jeez.

We need a gif of that moment where the guys face came off and left the Earth, stat.

Okay?

iyWMyDqKqIxtQ.gif

Edit: Now with less "t" and more Shibata!

iQPIwut25dSgP.gif

DOUBLE EDIT: Excessive traffic according to Dropbox, so I have to remove them. Where else can I upload them? They're around 6MB max, and used around 20GB of bandwidth or something.

TRIPLE EDIT: Okay they're on minus now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Time to go through the [thread=425581]old Mii QR code thread[/thread] I guess. Shame most images are broken.

Top Bottom