• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct : Tomodachi Collection confirmed for Europe/na

Roto13

Nintendo needs to respond to this. This reminds me of the discussion over Fire Emblem: Awakening's lack of same sex marriage or even gender identity in the case of Birdo or Vivian from Paper Mario. More I think about it and scurry through some search results, kind of apparent Nintendo has a lot of hangups about this.

Fire Emblem: Awakening's marriages were for breeding, though.

Tyeforce

You absolutely should. (Seriously!)

Yes, please make a thread about this. That was a great video.
Thanks! Okay, I'll make a thread later today when I get home then. I just wasn't sure if it was something that would be okay to make a thread about.

Nintendo needs to respond to this. This reminds me of the discussion over Fire Emblem: Awakening's lack of same sex marriage or even gender identity in the case of Birdo or Vivian from Paper Mario. More I think about it and scurry through some search results, kind of apparent Nintendo has a lot of hangups about this.
Yeah, this is nothing new, but it's particularly bad in Tomodachi Life's case because the relationships are such a huge part of the game. As much as I would have liked to be able to marry same-sex characters in Fire Emblem Awakening, it didn't stop me from enjoying the game. But Tomodachi Life is different... If I'm going to be using my own personal Mii, I'm going to want to form relationships with the gender that I'm attracted to in real life. =/

I really doubt most of the people at Nintendo are anti-gay, but they sure as hell don't want all the bad PR they would get for including gay marriage from places like FOX. It just writes itself "New Nintendo game let's your children marry gay people!"
Did bad PR hurt EA for supporting same-sex relationships in The Sims?

kubus

That was an incredible video - great job man! Nintendo definitely needs to see this. I'll share it around on twitter and such later (on the road with spotty internet atm)

I currently have the OT for this game claimed and I will make sure #Miiquality will be in there!

Labrys

I understood Fire Emblem Awakening's reasoning, as same sex marriages in that game would possibly break plot points, but I agree with Birdo and Vivian.

And, I enjoyed the video, good job. I'm still incredibly against giving my money to this as it stands but if it shows some emphasis to get it patched in later I may.

Did bad PR hurt EA for supporting same-sex relationships in The Sims?

If anything I think it did better for including it, all 3 of the main series have had it and they've all sold tons.

Top Bottom