• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: Don't expect Switch Pro this year

Zannegan

actually it doesn't make any sense at all, 2021 nintendo might launch their next gen console to stay relevant .
next gen vs switch pro lol
After just four years? Not with the way it's selling. 2020 and 2021 will probably be their peak years as prices come down, new models are introduced, and the game library continues to grow. I honestly expect a full six years before they launch the successor unless sales slow drastically, or a really good deal comes up on internals.

SonGoku

I personally don't care, to me Switch still bring some great looking games at subnative resolution.
I don't care if it has PS2 graphics, is native rez too much to ask these days of a handheld?
After the WiiU and its sequel, the Switch, i've stopped expeting something from Nintendo. Emulation is what i'm waiting for.
That's the silver lining to Nintendo's ineptitude to build a competent piece of hw
At least their consoles are easier to emulate than the rest.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't care if it has PS2 graphics, is native rez too much to ask these days of a handheld?
This just me personally, I'm not that sensitive to resolution as you are and I properly playing Astral Chain mostly docked because just like Bayonetta I like to play my action games with pro controller.

SonGoku

This just me personally, I'm not that sensitive to resolution
Its not the resolution that bothers me is the not hitting the display native resolution puts a damper iq and presentation
I would prefer a 540p screen if it meant all games were native.

Switch is essentially my dream handheld it just needs native resolution, that's all i want from the pro

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Its not the resolution that bothers me is the not hitting the display native resolution puts a damper iq and presentation
I would prefer a 540p screen if it meant all games were native.

Switch is essentially my dream handheld it just needs native resolution, that's all i want from the pro
Its problem that Vita also had games with more intense graphics didn't run naive resolution like original Gravity Rush. I'm guessing they could force it to run on native resolution but that would effect the performance and personally take performance over resolution.

SonGoku

Its problem that Vita also had games with more intense graphics didn't run naive resolution like original Gravity Rush.
YES! the pesky vita started this trend and you could easily tell which games were subnative because native rez games looked glorious on the OLED screen.
Nintendo should have went with a better chip (X2) or a display resolution they can consistently hit (540p)

Chromata

That's a little disappointing since I was looking forward to upgrading my Switch. If they manage to bump up the screen resolution to 1080p and get a decent performance boost then I'm all in. Nintendo exclusives like Breath of the Wild would be so much better with smoother framerates.

Last edited:
Man, I don’t know what the hell to do. I don’t want the current Switch since it’s dated, but the Lite isn’t dockable. Maybe I should try to get both somehow? With the potential way to pick up from a docked Switch and take your game saves with you on the Lite, that could be pretty darn cool. I just want to be able to play with friends and I think my friends are too damn cheap to buy a Lite for themselves, so I’d miss out on the multiplayer experiences unless I played online IF I bought the Lite.. Plz halp me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom