• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2012

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wow.

Just, wow, NoA.

7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Nothing to see here. Moving on.

OMG Aero

I think next week we will only get one Nintendo Video, and the week after Nintendo will announce a system update that will activate NIN <--- trying to be optimistic :/
Are you talking about Nintendo Network? It already is active, it's not a magical new system just a rebrand for Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

I wonder why we aren't getting 3DS versions of some of the great DSiware games?

I want a 3D X-Scape and a 3D Puzzle Quest.

3D X-scape would be cool as long as they let you use the circle pad for movement (but kept the touch screen aiming). Seriously, tying your movement AND your aim to the touch screen was an idiotic idea.

So, anyone tried Street Fighter already? I would love to know if it is 50 Hz only like all the other Megadrive games (making worldwide online-multiplayer impossible) or if they actually optimized the emulator or just used the US version or something.

Croc

Banned
Anyone have impressions on Ketzal's Corridor's? Looks pretty fun but I'm not sure if I want to drop $7 on it.

Madao

NoA proves once again that they're the shittiest branch of nintendo.

it sucks hard when you wish the US release schedule was as good as europe's (face it, we'll never have japan-level release schedules)

3D X-scape would be cool as long as they let you use the circle pad for movement (but kept the touch screen aiming). Seriously, tying your movement AND your aim to the touch screen was an idiotic idea.
Yeah.

I replayed it recently and found myself wishing it had Uprising's control scheme.

I never had a DSi and assumed the service mostly played host to garbage. I'd really like some more puzzle-focused Mighty games, like Flip Champs. A new Mario Vs. DK (with '94 and Lemmings modes) A new shooter like Metal Torrent would be nice too.

Mr. Driller, Bomberman, Worms need 3DS versions too. (Preferably on eShop)

I think its time for Gamebridge to move the Go! series too.

Need moar content. ;(

So I guess the only good thing that will come out of the eShop in NA since February is the Rhythm Thief demo?

Watch as that will be the only eShop title we'll get because Nintendo of America is too worried that new games will steal the spot light from it.

Croc

Banned
It would have been an instant buy at $5. $7 is pushing it, even if I do like the looks better than ThruSpace.

Yeah that's how I'm feeling about it too. I'm just not sure I'd be compelled enough with it to get my worth out of all of the different modes.

Ketzal's Corridors is pretty fun.
Nice to know, I'm planning on getting it soon. Could you please tell us how are the controls?

Also, apparently Order Up is getting released as an eShop title:

Nintendo World Report said:
"[Order Up] is now coming exclusively to the 3DS eShop as a download, "Supervillain's CCO/Co-Founder Chris Rausch told us. "The retail scene is brutal unfortunately, so there have been some changes in plan." Ignition is still publishing the title on eShop, and as of now, no release date has been confirmed. As for a release, Rausch wasn't sure. "I think the demo is just ASAP after Nintendo approval, and the game would follow soon after," he said.
Source: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29797
Well, here we have another retail release to digital. I hope it performs nicely so that other titles may also go digital.

Kacho

Gold Member
Ketzal's Corridors looks fun. It's like Tetris and Nickelodeon's Hidden Temple fused together.

legends-of-the-hidden-temple-nickelodeon-dvd-season-1-2464.jpg

NeoRausch

Do Ketzal's controls make any more sense than ThruSpace's?
A,B,X,Y to turn your...god piece (?) in the direction
R to rotate
D-Pad to move

Works pretty well after a short learning curve

on a side note: this game is waaaaay more diverse than thruspace. Many diffrent callenges.
The world maps are pretty cool (unlocking the shit out of them).
music is very nice and, that goes without saying, the 3D work fantastic in a steady corridor zoom-game

i like it.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
It would have been an instant buy at $5. $7 is pushing it, even if I do like the looks better than ThruSpace.

In all fairness, the average price of a 3DS eShop game is $6.51, so it's not really out of line...

I believe this will mark the first week since its NA launch that the Wii gets nothing at all...

I feel like I should know whether that's true or not, but the spreadsheet doesn't make it easy for me to determine that. I should make up a new stats page listing the number of releases per category, per week...

Man, this week is brutally bad. Nothing for Wii VC isn't a huge surprise but eShop isn't even a year old and NOA is already burying it with its stupidity.

kswiston

I am really disappointed with the glacial pace at which 3DS Virtual console titles are released. Between, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Game Gear, Gameboy Advance and things on WiiWare like the NES titles, there are enough games to warrant more than 2-3 releases a month.

Alternatively, give me Super Mario Land 3!

GWX

Ketzal's Corridors looks fun. It's like Tetris and Nickelodeon's Hidden Temple fused together.

legends-of-the-hidden-temple-nickelodeon-dvd-season-1-2464.jpg

Man, the nostalgia. It just hit me.

On topic: Nintendo of America must be kidding. The current state of eShop is depressing. I hate this "new 3DS downloadable game means no new Virtual Console game for you!" trend.

Also: I want more downloadable videos (with higher bit rate/ better quality, PLEASE)! Streaming with my connection sucks. It should be really simple: make it so that every streamable video on the service have a download option with a higher quality compression. Allow us to download them to a folder (that could be designed as an app: "eShop videos" or something) so Activity Log doesn't recognize EVERY SINGLE VIDEO as a freaking separate app. Don't fucking REMOVE the videos from the service after a short period of time. It just make too much sense, so it will never be like it should =(

IGN (yeah, I know) gave Ketzal's Corridors a 9, going as far as saying:
a puzzle adventure good enough to finally justify pulling yourself away from Pushmo. Seriously.
If you own a 3DS, don’t hesitate - buy this game, and let the addiction begin.
I'm seriously considering getting it... it seems like a lot of fun

Jarsonot

Disappointed too. I can understand that a lot of developers are committed to the app store, and it's probably quite a bit harder to develop for the 3ds (cost, testing, 2 screens, 3D, blah blah) so the dearth of third-party content is understandable, if not likable.

But Nintendo's own shit? What's the hold up? Why not put all your big retro guns out there and let people buy 'em up? Where's there even any risk in that? It's digital content! No shipping fees, no storage fees, I know you all know this already, but damn.

They've had virtual console in their "development budget" for years already with the Wii and I am disappointed with their rate of releases. More than that, I honestly don't understand why it's so slow.

Roto13

Virtual Console games have their own costs so it's not as simple as just releasing everything in the world, but yeah, there's really not enough Virtual Console games on 3DS.
IGN (yeah, I know) gave Ketzal's Corridors a 9, going as far as saying:

I'm seriously considering getting it... it seems like a lot of fun

It seems to be basically the same thing as Thruspace, which is a WiiWare game with a demo. If you're undecided, you could probably just go ahead and download that demo if you have a Wii.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
So... Ketzal's Corridors...

* The game has a meso-American theme...

* You play as a god / divine assistant to a god...

* You collect hearts for power.

This is either the most ingenious black humor I've seen in a game in years, or someone really didn't understand the connotations of a god collecting hearts in an Aztec-like setting.

It seems to be basically the same thing as Thruspace, which is a WiiWare game with a demo. If you're undecided, you could probably just go ahead and download that demo if you have a Wii.

it's plays, sounds and looks better.
highly recommended

probably my fav puzzler in years

So... Ketzal's Corridors...

* The game has a meso-American theme...

* You play as a god / divine assistant to a god...

* You collect hearts for power.

This is either the most ingenious black humor I've seen in a game in years, or someone really didn't understand the connotations of a god collecting hearts in an Aztec-like setting.

haha holy shit. I thought exactly the same.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Order Up on eShop? :eek:

Amazing news! Please don't be expensive.

These news make me a bit depressed about retail scene, but it can be seen positively as a sign of a certain kind of software which can be sold on eShop too ( not only exclusively). Second retail game going digital after Unchained Blades.

zigg

I'm talking about when they start selling retail games on eShop, the next phase of NIN.
I'm passing on this. A small, but significant, part of what made Super Mario 3D Land work so well in my household was sharing the game card with my daughter.

Top Bottom