• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2013

zroid

Banned
Hmm, supposedly the May 2nd release date for Denpa Men 2 is false. It's actually going to be released on May 30th.

(as seen on the site you Go to)

zigg

what on earth, my Wii's blue notification light just went on. I can't believe Nintendo is still sending messages. o-0

edit: it's a Wii U advertisement :lol
Creeped me the fuck out, I thought someone was shining a light in my basement window at first when I went down to do laundry.

I trust them. And that example picture looks promising.
I didn't really like the original. It was pretty-ish, but not a very good platformer IMO.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Just curious, does the Wii U have an "add as needed" funds option in the eShop? I tried to add a minimum just like in the 3DS one, but couldn't find an option.

zigg

Just curious, does the Wii U have an "add as needed" funds option in the eShop? I tried to add a minimum just like in the 3DS one, but couldn't find an option.
Yeah, just go to buy whatever you don't have money for, it'll offer to charge you exactly what you need.

I made some incredibly small CC purchases on the first couple 30¢ VC games…

Got Art of Balance Touch (I never imagined I would enjoy this kind of game, but the demo totally hooked me for some reason) and 3D Classics Kirby Adventure. Considering Fluidity but the 360 spinning turns me off, plus it's not cheap even at the sale price. They should really make a demo for it...

Nice to see the sales getting more widespread.

Roto13

When I played the demo of Art of Balance: Touch, something I built just randomly fell over without provocation. I built it the same way the second time and it was fine.

What's up with that?

Damn, what are all the sales right now in NA?

Guild 01 games
Shin'en's games
3D Classics Kirby's Adventure and Pushmo

I missed out on Order Up which was like half-price a few weeks ago. :'(

Roto13

Damn, what are all the sales right now in NA?

Guild 01 games
Shin'en's games
3D Classics Kirby's Adventure and Pushmo

I missed out on Order Up which was like half-price a few weeks ago. :'(

And Dillon's Rolling Western and Tokyo Crash Mobs and Fluidity: Spin Cycle. ($3, $1, and $3 off)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
3D Classics Kirby's Adventure and Pushmo are $4.99 until May 9th.
Good thing Kirby's Adventure will still be on sale after the Club Nintendo refresh. I'm hoping it'll come up for coins since I've got plenty of those, but if not this might be good enough...

Well this is my shopping list, with 5% tax and what the original total would be below it:

Crimson Shroud 4.99 7.99
Liberation Maiden 4.99 7.99
Aero Porter 2.99 4.99
Pushmo 4.99 6.99
Art of Balance 4.99 6.99
Order Up 9.99

plus tax

= 34.59

original total:

= 47.19

Just enough for a $35 card.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Well this is my shopping list, with 5% tax and what the original total would be below it:

Crimson Shroud 4.99 7.99
Liberation Maiden 4.99 7.99
Aero Porter 2.99 4.99
Pushmo 4.99 6.99
Art of Balance 4.99 6.99
Order Up 9.99

plus tax

= 34.59

original total:

= 47.19

Just enough for a $35 card.

Order Up was on sale a month ago for $4.99. I would just hold off on that for another sale. With all those games to play, you'll probably be okay waiting as well.

natkingcoleslaw

Neo Member
I have little over $150 in my 3DS eshop account, which is waiting for DKCR 3D, SMT IV,
Mario and Dk: minis on the move, and Mario & Liugi Bros. Is there anything worth adding to this lineup?

AC:NL doesn't seem like my cup of coffee (I just don't get it) and I already have LM2, SM3DL, Zelda:OoT, FE:A and Prof. Layton and miracle mask. Not to mention gunman clive, tetris axis, pushmo and crashmo.

nikatapi

I have little over $150 in my 3DS eshop account, which is waiting for DKCR 3D, SMT IV,
Mario and Dk: minis on the move, and Mario & Liugi Bros. Is there anything worth adding to this lineup?

AC:NL doesn't seem like my cup of coffee (I just don't get it) and I already have LM2, SM3DL, Zelda:OoT, FE:A and Prof. Layton and miracle mask. Not to mention gunman clive, tetris axis, pushmo and crashmo.

What about Resident Evil: Revelations? It's a really good game.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Genius Sonority is a small company, they must read GAF.

Put DENPA MEN on sales! T________T
Ahahaha. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens when DM2 comes out on the 30th. Or at least sometime later this month, maybe after some other sales have ended. You remember the "one game on sale per week" deals a few months back. Obviously Nintendo doesn't like having more than maybe three games on sale at the same time and is only willing to allow discounts grudgingly. :p

The higher-ups are probably still freaking out about the sheer number of titles being discounted right now. :p

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Ahahaha. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens when DM2 comes out on the 30th. Or at least sometime later this month, maybe after some other sales have ended. You remember the "one game on sale per week" deals a few months back. Obviously Nintendo doesn't like having more than maybe three games on sale at the same time and is only willing to allow discounts grudgingly. :p

The higher-ups are probably still freaking out about the sheer number of titles being discounted right now. :p

If it drives sales, I don't see why. Maybe if they sell well enough they'll actually see that they should discount more often and release titles more often.

Drago

Gradius and Mario Bros. (not the Super one) are released in Japan next week.
Why does Nintendo not release their own NES games on 3DS VC outside of Japan? They're literally leaving money on the table.

How many Nintendo NES games have come out on 3DS in Japan and haven't come to NA/EU? I just want SMB3 man :(

ngower

Hey bros, I remember hearing something about the two Cave Story games being different, one for the worse. Can someone explain those difference and tell me which one I want?

Also, in light of the GAF Essential Indie thread, does anyone have recommendations for DSiWare and 3DS games that are 'essential,' i.e. not just a good game, but something that my 3DS is losing out on for not having?

zroid

Banned
Why does Nintendo not release their own NES games on 3DS VC outside of Japan? They're literally leaving money on the table.

How many Nintendo NES games have come out on 3DS in Japan and haven't come to NA/EU? I just want SMB3 man :(

Obviously they won't release anymore games until every 3DS owner in the region has purchased all their VC titles which are currently available. It's just simple logic.

rjc571

Banned
Got Art of Balance Touch (I never imagined I would enjoy this kind of game, but the demo totally hooked me for some reason) and 3D Classics Kirby Adventure. Considering Fluidity but the 360 spinning turns me off, plus it's not cheap even at the sale price. They should really make a demo for it...

Nice to see the sales getting more widespread.

Nintendo World Report just put up a review retrospective on Fluidity Spin Cycle where a few different writers shared their opinions on it. It might be worth a read if you're on the fence. I personally thought the full rotation levels were brilliant, but if you're dead set against 360 degree motion controls I'm not sure they'll change your mind. Also it's worth noting that it only runs at half the framerate of the Wii game cuz the 3DS blows when it comes to processing physics.

serplux

Obviously they won't release anymore games until every 3DS owner in the region has purchased all their VC titles which are currently available. It's just simple logic.

At least all of the ambassador games will finally be out tomorrow when Balloon Fight arrives.

Top Bottom