• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2014

What the hell is nintendo doing to me? I've called and they said they would call me later to explain everything.

In the mean time, they've removed the following from my Wii U and 3DS. What the fuck? I spend thousands of dollars just on nintendo products and they're treating me like I scammed them. I even sent them all the receipts.

Dr. Luigi
Kirby's adventure
Metal torrent
Puzzle league express
Super Mario bros 2
Excitebike

Anyone who I've given free codes too might want to check their eShop account activity. Your titles could be getting removed.

So they took your Platinum reward and 5 rewards that cost coins? What is the point in limiting the Platinum reward to one per household now if they are only digital. If you spend enough in a year to get multiple Platinum rewards, you deserve to get them, especially if they are digital enough (costing Nintendo nothing).

Glass Rebel

Wrong thread maybe but there's no general Wii U thread and I didn't want to make a new one...

Is it just me or is the image output from the Wii U in Wii mode way better than the regular Wii? I just loaded up Xenoblade on both and the colours on the Wii look way washed out in comparison. Same areas, same time from the same save file.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I also wonder if there was some issue with the Mario Kart free game offer.
I assume that's limited to 1 per household?
Assuming that is 1 per household, I would imagine Nintendo doing some account reviews as a result of that.

Club Nintendo MK8 Promotion FAQ said:
If I register multiple Mario Kart 8 games to the same Club Nintendo account, will I get a free download code for each of these games?
No. Only one copy of the game can be registered to a Club Nintendo account, so each account can only qualify for one free download code.
However, multiple members of a Family Account can each register Mario Kart 8 to their individual Club Nintendo account. In that case, each person that registers their copy of the game will qualify to receive a free download code.

The MK8 free game promotion specifically allowed for multiple redemptions under a family account.

What the hell is nintendo doing to me? I've called and they said they would call me later to explain everything.

In the mean time, they've removed the following from my Wii U and 3DS.

Dr. Luigi - The gift I chose from Platinum Reward
Kirby's adventure - Club Nintendo monthly reward
Metal torrent - Club Nintendo monthly reward
Puzzle league express - Club Nintendo monthly reward
Super Mario bros 2 - Club Nintendo monthly reward
Excitebike - Club Nintendo monthly reward

Wii u software is "there" but can't be played

PIATecp.jpg

V9gAlRr.jpg

That's weird...

1) Did you have multiple NNID? If so, do they all still "work"? The pictures imply at least one has been deactivated.

2) The CN deletion thing is odd, too.

ohlawd

Is it just me or is the image output from the Wii U in Wii mode way better than the regular Wii? I just loaded up Xenoblade on both and the colours on the Wii look way washed out in comparison. Same areas, same time from the same save file.

HDMI cables on your Wii U as to composite/component on your Wii?

damn, NoA dragged TTH through the mud.

The MK8 free game promotion specifically allowed for multiple redemptions under a family account.

That's weird...

1) Did you have multiple NNID? If so, do they all still "work"? The pictures imply at least one has been deactivated.

2) The CN deletion thing is odd, too.

I only have one NNID account on my 3DS and Wii U. I've been the only owner and bought them brand new.

To anyone I've given Club Nintendo digital rewards to; if they disappear from your system I'm terribly sorry =[

he's asking about your NNID, not your Club Nintendo account.

you do lose access to games if the original owner's NNID gets deleted.

Yes sorry. It was a typo. I only have one NNID

Picture from the 3DS

mT9o5NL.jpg

Jucksalbe

Banned

That's brutal. Have they called by now? I'm surprised they can just outright delete stuff from your 3DS.

Is it just me or is the image output from the Wii U in Wii mode way better than the regular Wii?

Yes. The Wii didn't exactly set high standards in that regard, though.

So they took your Platinum reward and 5 rewards that cost coins? What is the point in limiting the Platinum reward to one per household now if they are only digital. If you spend enough in a year to get multiple Platinum rewards, you deserve to get them, especially if they are digital enough (costing Nintendo nothing).
You can say that but for everyone one person who does buy, there are 7 who are stealing the codes out of boxes (or worse still noting the down so they don't appear stolen but do not work for the purchaser). Having no enforcement or limits would just encourage this kind of bad behavior.

Wrong thread maybe but there's no general Wii U thread and I didn't want to make a new one...

Are you sure if is not the TV settings? (as in the component setting was some oversaturated mode or something)

Another thing to bear in mind is the Wii U outputs in limited RGB. Dull colours sounds like your TV is set for full RGB from that input. Most things work with full RGB these days so don't make that setting global.

I assume Kirby Fighters isn't really worth it if you can only play Single Player and already have access to the version included in Kirby Triple Deluxe?
I'd go further and say it might not be worth it if you want to play multiplayer :O
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/kirby_mini_games_now_available_on_north_american_eshop#comment2587039 said:
i bought it for my son's 2DS, i already have the Kirby Triple Deluxe,

the bad thing is that Kirby Fighter and Kirby Fighter Deluxe ARE NOT COMPATIBLE for Multi Player...

come on nintendo, i really i can have full featured play with my son (vs limited selection Download Play)

too bad....

Glass Rebel

Are you sure if is not the TV settings? (as in the component setting was some oversaturated mode or something)

Another thing to bear in mind is the Wii U outputs in limited RGB. Dull colours sounds like your TV is set for full RGB from that input. Most things work with full RGB these days so don't make that setting global.

It's the Wii that has the dull colours. I just checked the settings on both and there were some differences. But now that I set both HDMI and Component to the standard settings, the Wii picture is still noticeably more washed out in comparison to the same game running on Wii U.

SerTapTap

Do we have any word on Shantae and the pirate's curse's release date? And do we know if Wii U and 3DS are getting the same release date?

Forgot the Digital Deluxe Promo is ending, hope I have reason to spend the rest of my eShop balance on Wii U this year--about $30 left.

the bad thing is that Kirby Fighter and Kirby Fighter Deluxe ARE NOT COMPATIBLE for Multi Player...

Oh damn that's unfortunate...also...surprised download play is limited these days. On DS, sure, had to fit in RAM after all. But you'd think they'd be able to download to SD card for 3DS.

That's brutal. Have they called by now? I'm surprised they can just outright delete stuff from your

Matt Weber called. Someone on here is him as he made mention that I was giving away codes. Thankfully anyone who I gave codes to is safe as he said he wasn't going to take them away from anyone except me.

This must be some kind of sick angst because of my dislike of NOA lately. Being a huge nintendo fan is ultimately my downfall.

Matt Weber called. Someone on here is him as he made mention that I was giving away codes. Thankfully anyone who I gave codes to is safe as he said he wasn't going to take them away from anyone except me.

This must be some kind of sick angst because of my dislike of NOA lately. Being a huge nintendo fan is ultimately my downfall.

Thank god! :D Was worried about that myself.

But yeah, I'm really sorry you had this happen. :(

Edit: If you read this Matt, thank you very much for not removing games he gave away. :)

Richie

Forgot the Digital Deluxe Promo is ending, hope I have reason to spend the rest of my eShop balance on Wii U this year--about $30 left.

I'm gonna be sad if the DDP comes to an end with no N64 VC games released whatsoever. Have so many, so many left to upgrade...

Jucksalbe

Banned

So, they are deleting your stuff because you gave away game codes? Were those from your coins or something else?

Takao

Banned
Are they any good?

I like to think the RPGs (which that GBA one should be) are. They're Pokemon-style RPGs with a unique relay battle system. You command teams of three in an automated race with the goal being to destroy all opponents, or the leader Medabot. Each Medabot is made up of a medal, two individual arms, legs and a medal. These all influence the robot's abilities. There's a bunch of parts to customize your bot to aid in speed, power, etc. You defeat an opponent's Medabot by taking out their head, which can be done through process of elimination, or sometimes with direct hits (you don't get to choose which parts to aim at).

This video is really early on in the game, but it's a decent enough demo.

My two cents on the whole thing with Team Top Hat's accounts. First did the guy mention Neogaf specifically? Cause couldn't NOA theoretically see that the codes are not being redeemed on the WiiU/3DS registered to his Club Nintendo account? I think that is what happened cause I mean even if they were watching this thread how would they know which account(s) were yours?

ohlawd

if Matt wasn't such a scrub, he'd come down here and tell us everything that's wrong.

I don't doubt TTH's account of the story but he's the only one between us and that Club Nintendo dude. Details are getting lost.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say it's really bad form of Nintendo to remove games from his system(or the ability to play them) after they've already been downloaded.

At least give the guy a warning, instead they skipped right to removing his games and all of his coins too.

daydream

Banned
There's a dedicated thread for the TTH case, do we have to discuss it in here, as well?

Hope the Medabots thing materialises, always wanted to check out that series.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
There's a Siesta Fiesta update available on the eShop. Any idea what it does? Couldn't find any info on it.

Is it this? Remember seeing it the other day:

Hi Everyone! The Siesta Fiesta patch (fixing the save data issue) has gone live in Europe. You can download it via the eShop. Search for 'Siesta Fiesta' and install the update file. This will update the game to V1.1 Don't worry US fans. The patch has been approved for the US territories too... just waiting for it to go live (hopefully very soon). Thanks for your patience and support. We're looking forward to setting some Miiverse scores for you guys to beat real soon :)

donny2112

Was thinking about the CN monthly giveaways and thinking about how I'd like to give away Super Metroid if they ever put it on a monthly reward and then I was thinking if that made any freaking sense, at all, considering the minimum CN coin cost. So using DavidDayton's CN coin spreadsheet cheapest coin value and an expected Super Metroid cost, I'm left with a minimum spend out of $82 when Amazon sells the Wii Super Metroid code for $8. I do a lot of thinking, and sometimes it makes things make a whole lot more sense. :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam Wii VC key redeemable on Wii eShop or Wii U Wii-mode eShop. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=865784.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

51lrtmrlDCL._SX385_.jpg

Super Metroid (Wii) -- MB-D4C4952311D366D8 - Taken by kennah. 6 entrants total.
This is the BEST GAME EVER!

t1409545051z1.png

also

Banned
I like to think the RPGs (which that GBA one should be) are. They're Pokemon-style RPGs with a unique relay battle system. You command teams of three in an automated race with the goal being to destroy all opponents, or the leader Medabot. Each Medabot is made up of a medal, two individual arms, legs and a medal. These all influence the robot's abilities. There's a bunch of parts to customize your bot to aid in speed, power, etc. You defeat an opponent's Medabot by taking out their head, which can be done through process of elimination, or sometimes with direct hits (you don't get to choose which parts to aim at).

This video is really early on in the game, but it's a decent enough demo.

That sounds good but I checked and you can't skip the battle animations. The video makes it look like that would make the battles really tiresome really fast...

Blu(e)

Pushmo or Nano Assault Neo? Think they'll be cheaper anytime soon?

Also picked up Monster Hunter because of the sale. I haven't gotten too far into it but it seems promising. Is there anyway to increase the size of the text? That's the only issue I have with the game (other than the unique controls, but I guess that's part of it's charm)

also

Banned
Pushmo or Nano Assault Neo? Think they'll be cheaper anytime soon?

Also picked up Monster Hunter because of the sale. I haven't gotten too far into it but it seems promising. Is there anyway to increase the size of the text? That's the only issue I have with the game (other than the unique controls, but I guess that's part of it's charm)

You can't change the text. If you are playing the 3DS version, try turning 3D off in the options or turning it on just slightly.
Don't forget to check out the OT.

rjc571

Banned
There's a Siesta Fiesta update available on the eShop. Any idea what it does? Couldn't find any info on it.

Presumably it will now allow you to save your high scores. That's right, the original release didn't save when you got a new high score, it only saved your progress when you completed a new level.

Other things that it may or may not have updated include the ability to gain infinite points by continuing to juggle the ball when you reach the end of the level without entering the exit pinata.

Top Bottom