• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2012

M3d10n

The "Coming Soon" section of the 3DS eShop lists Bit Trip Saga coming out on 20/12/2012. Only $14.99!

Yeah, 3rd party publishers have freedom over pricing on eShop retail games, good to see some of them wising up.

Wow!

The last three 3DS retail games are actually cheap on the brazilian eShop!

The previous (3rd party) batch is also cheaper too. Only Epic Mickey broke the trend (R$ 129).

zroid

Banned
Ninja Gaiden now as a 12/13 release on the eshop.

AHAHAHAHAHA. :(

jakelaughing_display.gif

Drago

It seems that while NoA is getting quite a few 3rd party retail games digitally, NoE has been primarily focused on getting their own 1st party lineup available digitally. Are there any third party retail games available digitally in Europe, aside from the recently released Epic Mickey?

And is there a list of all the retail - digital games available in Japan as well?

Gah I wish they would have said that Scribblenauts was coming to the eShop, I would have gotten it from there instead of retail. Might double dip on Bit Trip though, hoping they fix up the Frame Rate issues with it though as Runner got to be abit of a pain in that version.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It seems that while NoA is getting quite a few 3rd party retail games digitally, NoE has been primarily focused on getting their own 1st party lineup available digitally. Are there any third party retail games available digitally in Europe, aside from the recently released Epic Mickey?

And is there a list of all the retail - digital games available in Japan as well?

Virtue's Last Reward got a digital release on the same day of the retail one here in Europe.

Virtue's Last Reward (with a nice, reasonable £30 price point)

But yeah, that's it. Real shame stuff like Resi Revelations isn't on there.

Robin64

Are there any third party retail games available digitally in Europe, aside from the recently released Epic Mickey?

Assassin's Creed 3, Funky Barn, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, ZombiU, Your Shape 2013, Sports Connection, Sonic and All-Stars Racing, Rabbids Land, Tekken Tag Tournament, Family Party, FIFA 13, Darksiders II and Ben 10.

Edit: Unless you meant 3DS. :|

Drago

Virtue's Last Reward got a digital release on the same day of the retail one here in Europe.

So it's just that and Epic Mickey for you guys?

As for Japan, I know that there was Bravely Default, AKB48 or whatever that was called, I think AA vs. Layton too? And Mercs 3D is coming too. I know there are more than that...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Havent bought a 3DS downloadable title since... Pushmo. Considering picking up some Nintendo coins in store tomorrow but want to make sure I got enough to check out decent games I missed.

I'll want to get Pushmo2 & Denpa Men (EU here). Any other worthwhile DD-only non-remake title released since Pushmo? (very broad gaming taste, as long as its good :p)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So it's just that and Epic Mickey for you guys?

As for Japan, I know that there was Bravely Default, AKB48 or whatever that was called, I think AA vs. Layton too? And Mercs 3D is coming too. I know there are more than that...

There are dozens of third party retail titles available on the Japanese eShop.

uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

And this is only the incomplete December list.

OK just found something out not sure if anyone else knew this was coming to the 3DS eShop but I thought I would share.

I saw one of the latest DSiWare releases was from Circle Entertaintment who seem to do a hell of alot on DSiWare, they must be doing well as they seem to have a new game on it every few weeks. Anyway I went to their site and found listed on the bottom hand left side of the screen their upcoming games. Listed there was Swords & Soldiers 3D which looks to be a port of the WiiWare (and I guess PSN, iOS and PC now) game that came out back in 2009. No pictures of it or anything on the site but I thought it was rather cool to see that its coming to the eShop. Original game was awesome and I know I'll be double dipping for sure.

They have another 3DS eShop title listed call Witch & Hero, but no idea what that is.

http://www.cir-ent.com/

zroid

Banned
Havent bought a 3DS downloadable title since... Pushmo. Considering picking up some Nintendo coins in store tomorrow but want to make sure I got enough to check out decent games I missed.

I'll want to get Pushmo2 & Denpa Men (EU here). Any other worthwhile DD-only non-remake title released since Pushmo? (very broad gaming taste, as long as its good :p)

You may not like all of these, but they are among the better original eShop titles available

Mutant Mudds
Mighty Switch Force
Hana Samurai​
Picross-e
Colors! 3D
SpeedThru​
Aero Porter​
Liberation Maiden​
Dillon's Rolling Western​
Art of Balance Touch​

Bolded are the ones I personally recommend most strongly (I haven't played them all, so a non-recommendation doesn't necessarily mean I didn't care for it)

Also, Hydroventure 2 is coming out next week in EU, I think. That should be great.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You may not like all of these, but they are among the better original eShop titles available

Mutant Mudds
Mighty Switch Force
Hana Samurai​
Picross-e
Colors! 3D
SpeedThru​
Aero Porter​
Liberation Maiden​
Dillon's Rolling Western​
Art of Balance Touch​

Bolded are the ones I personally recommend most strongly (I haven't played them all, so a non-recommendation doesn't necessarily mean I didn't care for it)

Also, Hydroventure 2 is coming out next week in EU, I think. That should be great.

Thanks :) List was exactly what I needed. Same awesome and helpful people in every thread it seems :p

I'll look through trailers for all the games you mentioned and decide accordingly. Much appreciated.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Has AKSYS commented on a possible US digital release of VLR?

I don't know if I'd be able to resist if it did come out digitally.

zroid

Banned
Thanks :) List was exactly what I needed. Same awesome and helpful people in every thread it seems :p

I'll look through trailers for all the games you mentioned and decide accordingly. Much appreciated.

Have fun! As just one final addendum, though obviously the 3DS version is a port, VVVVVV plays awesomely on it; looks nice in 3D, too. Bit pricey though, compared to PC.

Drago

uxwGK.png

...golly.

Well, if i ever import a JP 3DS, at least nearly everything I would want would likely be available digitally.

It makes my belly all warm and fuzzy to see Wii VC still chugging along in any form. :)

I bought Game & Watch Gallery today, SOOO much fun. 1:1 and Green/Black mode is best.

I've been starting to play a lot more retail titles on my JP 3DS than my NA 3DS, really. (Although that has more to do with the slide pad on my US model being really loose and uncomfortable. Can you send a 3DS in to get that fixed?)

M3d10n

Ah! LEGO LotR and Scribblenauts Unlimited both cost only R$ 67,90 ($ 32) in the Brazilian eShop. This was originally the price all physical retail 3DS games were listed for when the eShop first opened (Nintendo later removed the price) and matches the lower exchange rate used by eShop-only games. Both games actually cost R$ 149 in physical retail.

Curiously, both games seem to be fully translated in Brazilian portuguese too. Seems someone at Warner Brothers cares.

Scribblenauts is bought and I'll be visiting the LEGO LotR thread right away.

Drago

Ah! LEGO LotR and Scribblenauts Unlimited both cost only R$ 67,90 ($ 32) in the Brazilian eShop. This was originally the price all physical retail 3DS games were listed for when the eShop first opened (Nintendo later removed the price) and matches the lower exchange rate used by eShop-only games. Both games actually cost R$ 149 in physical retail.

Wait, so if I switched my region to Brazil and bought Scribblenauts (is Harvest Moon same price too?) then it would only cost me $32 USD?

vareon

uxwGK.png

:( I want to be injected by Japanese language skills.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Would the games be in English or Brazilian Portuguese though? (Moot point for me anyway since I only have a EU and JP 3DS and thus can't switch to Brazil)

GWX

Curiously, both games seem to be fully translated in Brazilian portuguese too. Seems someone at Warner Brothers cares.

Scribblenauts is still too expensive. Steam version, fully featured, costs R$49. However, this trend of low prices on the eShop by third parties is fantastic, and I can still buy Nintendo games from Canada.

Wii U JP eshop is getting Niconico (313MB), Hulu (76MB), and Youtube (74MB) apps day one, all for free naturally. Hulu comes with a free month trial period, after which it is 980 yen per month.

thomaser

Has Lovefilm come up on the eshop in Europe for any of you? It's not up here in Norway. As far as I know, it should be available in Europe today... or maybe I'm wrong and it was America?

Javier

If you guys want to switch to the Brazilian eShop to save money, yes, it can be done, but remember you lose your Club Nintendo benefits for that purchase.

EDIT: Also, some games released in America are multilanguage. It's automatically set to match with your overall 3DS settings. If your 3DS is set to English, the game will play in English regardless of the eShop you get it from.

Robin64

Has Lovefilm come up on the eshop in Europe for any of you? It's not up here in Norway. As far as I know, it should be available in Europe today... or maybe I'm wrong and it was America?

It came out on the Wii shop, but the Wii U version is "coming soon". Weird, I know.

Drago

If you guys want to switch to the Brazilian eShop to save money, yes, it can be done, but remember you lose your Club Nintendo benefits for that purchase.

EDIT: Also, some games released in America are multilanguage. It's automatically set to match with your overall 3DS settings. If your 3DS is set to English, the game will play in English regardless of the eShop you get it from.

Sweeeeeet.

If I ever get around to getting Harvest Moon or Scribblenauts, it will be off the Brazil eShop. :)

M3d10n

Would the games be in English or Brazilian Portuguese though? (Moot point for me anyway since I only have a EU and JP 3DS and thus can't switch to Brazil)

I suppose they are multi language, but PAL Layton had specific languages in the different European eShops (probably to make the download smaller). Even if that's the case, you could always buy the game from one eShop and download it from another.

:O

If that's true, does the BR eShop accept foreign CCs? Harvest Moon would be tempting at that price.

Yes, it takes any international CC. But Harvest Moon is actually the same price: R$ 82 ($40 USD), so it doesn't make a difference.

watershed

Banned
So is Harvest Moon any good? I've got a ridiculous backlog of 3ds games and not enough time but for some reason this game looks very appealing to me.

Javier

So is Harvest Moon any good? I've got a ridiculous backlog of 3ds games and not enough time but for some reason this game looks very appealing to me.
Started playing about half an hour ago and I'm still on Tutorial Phase. Once I'm past that I'll share some impressions.

Drago

Yes, it takes any international CC. But Harvest Moon is actually the same price: R$ 82 ($40 USD), so it doesn't make a difference.
Shoot. :/

I've never played a Harvest Moon game before and apparently ANB is one of the better ones, and a game like that is something I'd always want on my system. A discount would have been nice, but alas...

I'm upset at you all for letting me forget about Crashmo. The Wii U gave me a serious dose of tunnel vision, and no one reminded me to buy this damn game. Just got it not too long ago. Didn't even play it yet.

I just needed it to occupy space on my 3ds and to support it. I'll play it some other time :^)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

The "tutorial stage" is looooong, but the game's amazing. Probably the best I've played in the franchise since Magical Melody.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Updating the spreadsheet, but I'm unsure about a detail, and I'm not sure how to check it at the moment...

When did the following titles appear on the Wii U eShop, and how many coins are they worth? I thought they all appeared on the 5th, but I might be wrong...

EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13 Demo
Ben 10 Omniverse
Family Party 30 Great Games: Obstacle Arcade
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game

Also, did anyone get a postplay/reg survey for any of the 4 Wii U video programs? I didn't, and I thought something mentioned a coin bonus for those.

Drago

Not sure about the demo other than that it came out before today, but all 4 of those retail games came out on 12/4

beril

The European version of Gunman Clive for 3DS has now been approved! The release date is set to december 20.

While the American version has been approved for some time, the relase date is still not final, but it will (hopefully) be early january

Chopper

The European version of Gunman Clive for 3DS has now been approved! The release date is set to december 20.

While the American version has been approved for some time, the relase date is still not final, but it will (hopefully) be early january
Congratulations! I will definitely be picking it up again.

Oh, that's some great news. What's the price point? But hell, will pick it up anyways :D You did a great job with the game. I hope it turns out to be profitable on 3DS for you.

Top Bottom