• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2010

Capndrake said:
The Friday after that (Feb 19th):
-Brain Cadets (WiiWare)
Poor Brain Cadets (aka Drill Sargent Mindstrong). It might not be anything more than passable (and so overdue it is past the anyone caring phase, that is if anyone really cared in the first place) but it was meant to be out last week, then it got sent to EXITE...I mean Feb 5th and now it is two weeks after that.

Also hope the Overturn Mecha Wars date sticks (didn't this first appear on the Q2 2009 release schedule and don't say Cave Story).

Still with Bit Trip Void allegory out Feb 26th it looks like Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth won't be till March or later...Or NoE could you-know, surprise us by releasing more than 1 WiiWare title a week...guess I shouldn't complain as this time last year it was 1 WiiWare title...every 2 weeks. NoE offices/PR: "We have had a year-on-year increase of 100% with regards to WiiWare games being released."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
sfog said:
I don't recall ever having seen it rated, nor is it (or V, for that matter) out in Japan yet. I wouldn't count on it for quite a while, if ever. FF II (IV) on the other hand I could see getting released in the US fairly soon.

That's what I reckon.

Lijik

I can't tell if Legends of Exdia is awesomely bad on accident of its just a conscious parody of terrible plots and gameplay mechanics.

I just got up to chapter five in which the main character goes back into the past to go into a dangerous temple to find a flower of life to revive a queen he fell in love with during a QTE two chapters ago. To visually explain to the player that this is the past, there is a film grain over the gameplay and you can hear a projector running the whole time.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Excitebike Wiiware is a multiplayer only game? Is there a point in playing it as single player?
Also, how's the netcode (if there are still people actually playing it online).

Guys, Max & The Magic Marker is such a nifty little gem, a work of care!
One of the few games where in the end I was glad I decided to fork the 1000HEAVY :D

BooJoh

It's not multiplayer only, it has several single player cups that you play through and can try to beat the challenge scores on to unlock new bike skins. As well, you can go online and play, which can also unlock skins.

Somnid

d+pad said:
Sigh. I didn't realize until you posted this list -- and I did some digging -- that this game was added to the JPN VC in 2008. What do you think the hold up is?

Actually I'm pretty sure Vic Ireland posted something about it on NeoGAF in one of the PSN threads. From what I remember Vic said that Gaijinworks owns the US translation of the game from the old Working Designs days but Taito/Square-Enix or whoever is in-charge refuses to either aquire the rights to the translation from Gaijinworks or license the game to Gaijinworks so they can publish it. So, it's at a stalemate because someone at Square-Enix wants to have their cake and eat it too.

Just an example of the hoops some VC games go through.

Lijik said:
I can't tell if Legends of Exdia is awesomely bad on accident of its just a conscious parody of terrible plots and gameplay mechanics.

I just got up to chapter five in which the main character goes back into the past to go into a dangerous temple to find a flower of life to revive a queen he fell in love with during a QTE two chapters ago. To visually explain to the player that this is the past, there is a film grain over the gameplay and you can hear a projector running the whole time.
That sounds cool! :lol

Capndrake said:
Nintendo of Europe says:

This Friday (Feb 5th):
-Excitebike: World Challenge (WiiWare)
-Final Fight 3 (SNES)

Next Friday (Feb 12th):
-Overturn: Mecha Wars (WiiWare)
-Sonic & Knuckles (Mega Drive)

The Friday after that (Feb 19th):
-Brain Cadets (WiiWare)

FINALLY!

Lijik

Dash Kappei said:
Excitebike Wiiware is a multiplayer only game? Is there a point in playing it as single player?

Im pretty sure you have to S rank all of the single player stages for some unlockable bike colors.

So would people say that Legends of Exdia is worth it?

Also, the final chapter of Tales of Monkey Island is all kinds of awesome, glad to finally play it on wiiware:D . Also, I don`t know if Telltale is the large gap between the releases to optimize the code of if it is just the way the last chapter was designed, but the load times are much smaller compared to the previous chapters, and I haven`t noticed any significant slowdowns.

2DMention

Banned
What weaksauce stuff this week.

When are we getting the pinball games from NES?

-Rollerball
-Rock N Ball
-Pinball Quest

Spocker

Updated list for this week courtesy of Nintendo of Europe:

Virtual Console:
Final Fight 3 (SNES, 800p)

WiiWare:
ExciteBike: World Challenge (1000p)
"Aha! I Found It!" Hidden Object Game (500p)

DSiWare:
Snakeoid (500p)

Wizpig

Can we have an official thread for Excitebike, trading codes etc.?

I can do it if there's not one already, just tell me.

Really craving my pixel-perfect Sonic & Knuckles (to lock on to S2/S3) with all this "Sonic 4" hype.

Please come to NA VC this month.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Another Sunsoft Game Coming To Virtual Console, Telenet Titles Further Away

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/02/0...console-telenet-titles-further-down-the-road/

Posting on the Sunsoft Games message board, Vic Ireland mentioned another Sunsoft game is on deck to be re-released for Virtual Console.

Unfortunately, Ireland didn’t name it so we’re waiting for a press release to find out which game it is. I’m hoping for Sunsoft’s Batman, which probably won’t happen due to rights issues. Aero the Acrobat or Journey to Silius seem more likely.

When will we see something from the huge library of Telenet games Sunsoft now owns? “The first Telenet one is one or two more releases after this,” said Ireland. “Takes time to get through the Nintendo process.”

Sonic & Knuckles this week for America please!

:lol feels weird hoping that when I don't even live in America (use an NTSC Wii though).

Looking forward to the Telenet library.

Hopefully they start off with something good like um..
um...
...somebody help me out here.

Conrad Link said:
Sonic & Knuckles this week for America please!

It's depressing that the best we can do is just cross our fingers, because the date is completely unknown and random.

Has it been ESRB rated?
Edit: Nevermind. 2008?? Geez, what's the hold up?! (it WAS just released late 2009 in Japan, probably had to add in the lock-on functionality)

Hmmmmmmmm....

BLASTER MASTER™ OVERDRIVE HEADED TO WIIWARE THIS MONDAY

Redding, CA – February 6, 2010 – SUNSOFT, a division of SUNCORPORATION (JASDAQ: 6736), has today announced that BLASTER MASTER™:OVERDRIVE will be available in North America on February 8th for WiiWare.

BLASTER MASTER™:OVERDRIVE is an action-shooting game that takes place on an Earth infected by an aggressive, polymorphic virus. Poor, defenseless animals worldwide infected by the virus have been turned into flesh-eating, hemoglobin-swilling terrors. Fortunately, the world has Alex. And, even more coincidentally, he happens to be one of the world’s foremost biologists - specializing in viral mutation profiles and genetic manipulation.

Every studious biologist facing imminent global annihilation needs a sweet ride, and Alex is no exception. He has S.O.P.H.I.A., a shape-shifting, gas-guzzling, projectile-spewing paean to destruction on four wheels. Things look grim, but with Alex and S.O.P.H.I.A. on the case, the world just may have a chance.

Gameplay in BLASTER MASTER™:OVERDRIVE retains the critically acclaimed format of the original NES BLASTER MASTER™, alternating between side-scrolling platforming in S.O.P.H.I.A. and overhead-perspective blasting and exploration when controlling Alex. Upgrades for S.O.P.H.I.A. must be collected to access progressively more challenging terrain and a total of eight distinct areas. Each area features a mutant boss that must be defeated to progress.

The sublime blend of side-scrolling shooting/platforming mixed with overhead perspective action/shooting areas is just as addictive now as it was in the original game. The game is rated E10 for Mild Fantasy Violence and can be purchased from the Wii Store online for 1000 Wii points beginning February 8th, 2010.

As with the BLASTER MASTER NES Virtual Console release, fans are encouraged to improve their skills completing this game so they can compete and win in a coming promotion that will test their skill for collectible prizes.

About SUNCORPORATION. Located in Aichi prefecture in Japan, SUNCORPORATION has been innovating electronic equipment and software for almost forty years. Their corporate slogan, “Dream, Challenge, and Creation” perfectly summarizes the spirit that gave birth to their software company SUNSOFT. Worldwide, SUNSOFT has developed or published almost 100 games for both consoles and arcades. They also publish for iPhone and Windows mobile platforms.

About GAIJINWORKS. GAIJINWORKS was founded by Victor Ireland after spending more than 15 years as President of Working Designs, where he innovated deluxe packaging, special premiums, pack-in soundtracks and game documentaries for their RPG product. Many of the practices he innovated have become standard in the RPG segment, and console video games in general. GAIJINWORKS is focused on continuing a tradition of fanservice for game fans.

Information about the rating for this game can be obtained at www.ESRB.org.

Direct media inquiries to press@sunsoftgames.com

“BLASTER MASTER” is a trademark of SUNSOFT

© 2010 SUNSOFT

http://www.sunsoftgames.com/news/2010-02-06%20BlasterMasterOverdrive.php

I guess my request went through lickity split :D

screen5.png

screen1.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

screen4.png

screen6.png

alphajammer said:
You've got to be crazy! Alex Kidd in Shinobi World is WAY better than Lost Stars, Enchanted Castle and High Tech World.
The sound track is cool, Alex has some neat abilities, there are hidden paths and Alex controls well. I really love this game and am super excited to pick it up today.

Agreed. It goes without saying that it can't touch Miracle World but it's still a fun little platformer and the Shinobi spoof theme is icing. It's a good deal for $5 if you're a devoted AK fan and don't wanna spend $30-50 for the actual cart on ebay.

Lttp on the Blaster Master for Wiiware, wow looks great so far. That's a crazy fast announcement/release. Not going to get it until I beat the NES original and hear initial impressions though.

Talamius

Blaster Master remake? O_O

Now who the hell do I have to send beer to in order to get a Guardian Legend remake?

Talamius said:
Blaster Master remake? O_O

Now who the hell do I have to send beer to in order to get a Guardian Legend remake?

I don't think it is a remake. That ice boss is new to me.

But YES GUARDIAN LEGEND PPLLEEEAASSEE

MemoirsofMimi

Neo Member
I bought 2,000 points last week and decided to download some DSiWare games. I'm surprised that there hasn't been a whole lot of discussion on these games.

Anyways, here's what I downloaded:

1X4bzQ4ySD_3q6M-yraKCjQJXBMrYILd.jpg

Very addictive puzzle game and unquestionably the most fun I've had with a DSiWare game since Art Style: PiCTOBiTS. Seems like a pretty lengthy game.

wNId1f8d7ternOPlWic8Z8cURW7Bmpe1.jpg

I downloaded this yesterday and I've been enjoying it thus far.

0pEP3we6Swwu_Brt61YyJnbtuaE1L_XA.jpg

Another really fun DSiWare game that I downloaded yesterday. While I'm stuck on level 6, I'm having a blast.

hIsWZL8bsC1Rwk89hQ9Qod_9kJTgvQcO.jpg

I wanted a fun and accessible game, and Puzzle League Express doesn't disappoint. It's very fun and addicting. Well worth the $5 I paid for it.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Wizpig said:
Can we have an official thread for Excitebike, trading codes etc.?

I can do it if there's not one already, just tell me.

I think there's an US thread.
If you just bump that... although I think it'll die in a couple of days anyway :/

Lijik

Mejilan said:
Legends of Exidia is spectacularly awful. :lol

I just got around to finishing it. The ending was perhaps the most hilariously bad sequence I've seen in a game in a long time.

Top Bottom