• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2016

Got it!!! Purely for the PSO music. Why didn't Sega port PSO to the 3DS? It's a perfect system for PSO.

SEGA! Is it too late now?
Final Fantasy Explorers is close-ish. I do wish we would have got some Dreamcast ports though. The control setup is the same, they're relatively close in power and the second screen could be used to emulate VMU stuff.

Is there a way we could talk Konami into releasing UN Squadron onto VC?

Do they have people on Twitter aside from their official twitter account?

Also any way we could talk Capcom into releasing the SNES Captain Commando onto VC?

Ondore

Capcom's too busy with not releasing the DS Castlevanias to not release anything else.
AM I MEMEING RIGHT?

Umibozu

Is there a way we could talk Konami into releasing UN Squadron onto VC?

Do they have people on Twitter aside from their official twitter account?

Also any way we could talk Capcom into releasing the SNES Captain Commando onto VC?
You know that UN Squadron is a Capcom game and not a Konami game right?

So I've been playing Layton and the Miracle Mask and it's great. Completing the games 135 puzzles took me about 25 hours and I was more than happy with the amount that I got for my money. I'll definitely get the sequel soon to see where the story goes.

Then, after finishing the game, it downloads 365 days worth of daily puzzles

365 additional puzzles. Free

absolutely insane.

tolkir

U.N. Squadron is based on a manga. Very probably Capcom doesn't have rights anymore. Same happens with Disney-Capcom games.
Captain Commando is a Capcom IP, it has a mini-chance.

Three 3DS games in Europe next week too.

Sadame - €14.99 - Trailer

art2-1024x724.jpg

Excave III: Tower of Destiny - €7.99 - Trailer

Toy Defense - €3.99 - Trailer

donny2112

So I've been playing Layton and the Miracle Mask and it's great. Completing the games 135 puzzles took me about 25 hours and I was more than happy with the amount that I got for my money. I'll definitely get the sequel soon to see where the story goes.

Then, after finishing the game, it downloads 365 days worth of daily puzzles

365 additional puzzles. Free

absolutely insane.

Yes, and Azran (I've completed all the regular puzzles and am on the daily puzzles there now, too) has even more. Great fun! (^_^)

Shizza

Finally I can be public about this event sale I've been working on since like Aug. I got a group of Nintendo indies together to make this special sale. Will be featured on the Wii U eShop.

And yeah, sorry. Can't discount games that don't exist in EU.

Hey, thanks again for organizing this sale! I picked up a bunch more eShop games this week, including yours and Ashodin's. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to play these new ones, but they're on my list!

Tizoc

GBA versions. They cut down on the grinding, put in new art, and overhauled the UI for the better.
Thanks but how is the audio quality? I remember playing bof2 and it had a rather subpar translation on the gba unless i misremembering

Nairume

Banned
Thanks but how is the audio quality? I remember playing bof2 and it had a rather subpar translation on the gba unless i misremembering
It's the same exact translation as the SNES version.

Having owned both, the audio doesn't really take enough of a noticeable hit to make it worth giving up the good things the GBA version adds.

scamander

Banned
We really need a new Direct asap. After the almost empty eShop press release of last week (in Europe) I really thought we would get one. Would have been perfect timing, together with the launch and pre-registration of Nintendo Account and Miitomo. Now I'm sad :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member

BOF 1 was published and localized by Square, who did a pretty good job.
BOF 2 was published by Capcom directly, who are infamous for bad localizations back then. All versions are the same in this regard.

Nairume

Banned
BOF 2 was published by Capcom directly, who are infamous for bad localizations back then. All versions are the same in this regard.
BoF2 GBA just reusing the same localization without any changes is even more hilarious in context of how how much work they did updating other areas of the game. The most egregious parts of that localization were well known by the point they ported it, so it's not like they couldn't have known enough to at least fix the parts of the game where the dialog prompts were accidentally swapped to the wrong answers.

Pokemaniac

And still people would complain it's only 720p.

Pokémon's THE thing this week, right? Pretty excited to replay it, oddly, a friend and I will be enacting a plan to Catch 'em All.

Yeah, though it isn't out until Saturday to match up with the anniversary date.

tolkir

European PR

NintenDaan said:
Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Mega Man Legacy Collection (CAPCOM, available February 23) - €14.99/£11.99

Mega Man Legacy Collection is a celebration of 8-bit history. Featuring faithful reproductions of the series’ origins with the original six Mega Man games, the Legacy Collection will remind long-time fans and introduce newcomers to what made Mega Man such a popular and iconic character. Mega Man Legacy Collection will feature all six games and much more. In addition to the six Mega Man games, Mega Man Legacy Collection features new ways to experience the classic games with the Museum Mode and new Challenge Mode. Challenge Mode remixes gameplay segments from all six games, with plenty of scaling difficulty objectives for experienced players to conquer yet serving as a good starting point for new players, too. Museum Mode contains a comprehensive collection of history, high-res art and original concept pieces – a mega treat for any fan of Mega Man and video game history.

Bravely Second: End Layer (Nintendo, available February 26) - €44.99/£39.99 (€40.49/£35.99 if you downloaded the demo. Offer ends March 10.)
Bravely Second: End Layer: SP Drink (Nintendo, Add-on Content available February 26) - €0.99/£0.89 (€0.50/£0.50 the first time)
Prepare yourself for a daring new adventure and unleash masterful battle strategies in Bravely Second: End Layer, only on Nintendo 3DS family systems. Building on the critically acclaimed Bravely Default, the sequel offers both newcomers and returning fans a vast role-playing adventure, filled with deeply tactical combat, unforgettable characters and much more. When the evil Kaiser Oblivion abducts Agnès Oblige, the heroine of Bravely Default, and her bodyguard Yew Geneolgia pledges to rescue her from the kaiser’s Skyhold, an impregnable fortress floating high over Eternia. Along the way, Yew will need to team up with Magnolia Arch and other new faces, plus a few returning heroes like Edea Lee and Tiz Arrior, to survive foreboding dungeons and conquer fearsome enemies.

Special offer until 10/03/2016: 10% off for users who have downloaded Bravely Second: End Layer Demo The Ballad of the Three Cavaliers with the same Nintendo Network ID.

Bonus for purchase from Nintendo eShop: Download code for the exclusive Promotional Set 2 costumes (Vestal Garb, Knight's Tunic, Minstrel's Garb, Onion Knight Garb) for Bravely Second: End Layer for Nintendo 3DS included!

SADAME (Rising Star Games) - €14.99/£12.99
Get ready to plunge into an exciting world of brave heroes, huge demons and frantic combat in SADAME, only on Nintendo 3DS family systems! Set in an alternate fantasy version of the historical Warring States period of Japan, SADAME mixes action-packed fighting with deep RPG elements. 100 years have passed since the Onin War and the world is in turmoil. Once peaceful lands now see demons appearing everywhere, destroying everything in their wake. As people cower in fear, four heroes rise to destroy the invaders and bring peace back to the land. Choose your hero and fight your way through countless monsters, battling huge bosses to erase the demon scourge. Collect new weapons, learn new skills, upgrade your abilities and use magic to save the world from ultimate destruction at the hands of the evil Nobunaga!

Excave III: Tower of Destiny (Bergsala Leightweight) - €7.99/£7.19
Excave III: The Tower of Destiny is a classic Japanese style dungeon crawler with the heroine Scarlett taking on huge hordes of enemies in a climb up through the Fantasy Tower. The Fantasy Tower is connected to Internet Rankings so you can compete with players from around the country. Auto generated maps await so you can enjoy a different experience each time. If EXCAVE II - Wizard of the Underworld save data is found then special unlocks will occur!

Toy Defense (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.19
Test your courage and skills as a military leader at the height of World War I in Toy Defense, an exciting Tower Defense game! Don’t let enemies get to your base! Help toy soldiers survive through attacks, protect your base from enemy airplanes, tanks, airships and overcome unexpected traps. Earn stars, strengthen your towers, improve soldiers and buy upgrades. Victory is in your hands! Use your full arsenal of weapons and tactical tricks to stay in the fight. Eliminate your foes, defend your base and live the life of a true soldier. Lead your army to victory by any means possible! Toy soldiers but real war!

Pokemon Red Edition (Nintendo, GB VC. Available February 27) - €9.99/£8.99
Pokemon Blue Edition (Nintendo, GB VC. Available February 27) - €9.99/£8.99
Pokemon Yellow Edition (Nintendo, GBC VC. Available February 27) - €9.99/£8.99

You've got to be the very best, like no one ever was - and the only way to do that is by catching all the Pokémon you can! Your quest to catch 'em all and complete your Pokédex will take you all over the world, and maybe one day you'll even be able to defeat all the Gym Leaders and collect their badges!

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight: Thunder Queen's Legacy (NIS America, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.79 (Free until March 3)
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight: The Eldritch Hound (NIS America, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.79
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight: Wanted: Blessed Clover (NIS America, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.79
Experience a brand new story with a fixed party, voiced dialogue, and animated cutscenes in the new and incredible world of Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight. Or, revisit the original Etrian Odyssey 2 with updated graphics and a full roster of classes. Whichever path you choose, there will be exciting dungeons and frightening enemies!

Mega Man: Stage Select (Capcom, 3DS theme available February 23) - €1.99/£1.79
Custom Theme features Stage Select from Classic Mega Man titles.

Mega Man vs Dr. Wily! (Capcom, 3DS theme available February 23) - €1.99/£1.79
Custom Theme features boss characters from Mega Man 1-6 and Dr. Wily.

Special offers
Bloo Kid 2 (Winterworks) - €1.99/£1.69 (Ends March 3, normally €3.99/£3.49)
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (ATLUS) - €9.99/£7.40 (Ends March 10, normally €29.99/£24.99)
Crazy Construction (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends March 10, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia) - €2.24/£1.85 (Ends March 17, normally €2.99/£2.50)
Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.69 (Ends March 10, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends March 10, normally €6.99/£4.99)
KAMI (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends March 10, normally €2.99/£2.39)
Pazuru (Joindots) - €4.49/£2.99 (Ends March 10, normally €5.99/£3.99)
Undead Bowling (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends March 10, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Witch & Hero (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends March 10, normally €3.99/£3.19)

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

6180 the moon (Turtle Cream) - €3.99/£3.59

Let's super high jump through the screens! 6180 the moon is a platformer game with a unique mechanic. It offers a fresh, unseen game play style by connecting TV and Wii U GamePad. This allows in a mechanic with delightfully long jumps and no fear of "slipping". In addition to the unique gameplay, 6180 the moon delivers a unique storyline. The Sun has gone. The Moon sets off on a journey to find the Sun. Along the journey will be hazardous courses and deep realizations.

Inside My Radio (Seaven Studio) - €14.99/£12.99
Can you beat the beat? Journey as a green LED mysteriously trapped inside a dying boombox and play the ultimate musical experience. In this rhythmic platform adventure where your every action needs to be right on the beat, bring electro, dub and disco music back to life! Rhythmic awareness is vital when you jump, dash or slam. You have to hit that beat! Never under any circumstances should you play on mute! Feel creative, play with the music and unleash your inner musician! Inside My Radio lets you compose the track: YOU are in control, either with your actions, movements or jam zone, where you can freely choose and mix the tracks the way you want.
The game is a mix-tape where every level is a different track: every level brings different variations to electro, disco or dub!

Defense Dome (HULLBREACH STUDIOS) - €2.99/£2.29
Defense Dome is a throwback to classic arcade-style shooters of the 1990s. Target an onslaught of enemy missiles by using the Wii U GamePad as a zoomable, gyroscope-controlled scope, and launch countermeasures to defend your nation. The TV screen provides the entire view of the horizon and all enemy missiles in the playfield. It also displays a moving rectangle, which represents what the Wii U GamePad currently shows. The Wii U GamePad screen shows the current field-of-view of the Defense Dome. This screen also contains a crosshair and a heads-up display.

REPLAY: VHS is not dead (Neko Entertainment) - €9.99/£7.49
REPLAY : VHS is not dead is a platform game in which you control time in a brand new way. Control up to 5 different characters and synchronize their actions to complete each level.Take on the role of film director and travel through several humorous movies in REPLAY : VHS is not dead. Each level is full of surprises and will have you racking your brains. Are you ready? Then... Silence on the set... Camera... Action. In REPLAY : VHS is not dead, you cannot lose. Don't like a scene? Cut! Take two!

SMART Adventures Mission Math: Sabotage at the Space Station (Engine Software) - €2.99/£2.69
S.M.A.R.T. – the Science Math and Radical Technology Agency - needs your help! The space station has been sabotaged, and the astronauts are desperately trying to keep things working. They need you to use your math skills to repair the science labs and discover who sabotaged the space station. Everyone’s a suspect. Can you save the space station and solve the mystery? We’ve got problems to solve. Let’s go!

Pokemon Ranger (Nintendo, DS VC) - €9.99/£8.99
Pokémon Ranger is a type of Pokémon game made especially for Nintendo DS. Instead of playing a Pokémon Trainer you play a Ranger, responsible for protecting Pokémon in the wild. Capturing Pokémon is also handled in a whole different way; using a Capture Styler you must catch Pokémon by quickly drawing circles around them with your stylus. Play as a male or female Ranger, preserving nature and protecting Pokémon in the Fiore region. Use each Pokémon's special abilities to clear obstacles and to help capture other Pokémon. Capture and interact with more than 200 of your favourite Pokémon, and fill up your Capture Browser.

SDK Spriter - Demo (HULLBREACH STUDIOS) - Free
SDK Spriter is an all-in-one studio for creating retro video game assets, including character sprite sheets, tile sets, maps, and full levels. The final assets can be exported to Miiverse or SDKSpriter.com. Sprite sheets are comprised of 64x64 pixel art characters that have eight frames of animation for each compass direction. The resulting sprite sheet is a PNG image.Tiles sets are comprised of 64x64 tile pixel art that is assembled into a 16x16 grid. The resulting tile set is a PNG image.Maps are 256x256 grids of tiles that reference an existing tile set. Levels are a combination of layered maps, a player sprite, and multiple non-player sprites. Levels come in three forms: Overworld, Platformer, and Terrain. Each level can be entered on Edit Mode or Play Mode. In Edit Mode, the player sets up the placement of layers and locations of sprites. In Play Mode, the levels follow standard mechanisms for physics and collision-detection.

Special offers
Joe’s Diner (Joindots) - €7.19/£5.39 (Ends March 10, normally €7.99/£5.99)
SDK Paint (HULLBREACH STUDIOS) - €3.35/£2.99 (Ends March 3, normally €4.49/£3.99)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's how much they're charging for the Pokemon VC stuff? Seems a little pricey.
It's gonna be $10 in the US. My only guess is it's tax for going into the game code & making it so you can trade wirelessly. If they left it as it was, they might've charged the usual but then people would've complained about not being able to trade Pokemon, which is one of the major elements of the series.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Now that their GB emulator can handle link cable stuff, they'll go back and update all their old GB VC games with multiplayer functionality, right?

Right?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
6 classic Mega Man games = £11.99
3 classic Pokemon games = £26.97

Seems fair.
That....doesn't seem like an entirely fair comparison when one's a platformer that can take about a good hour or two to finish while the other is an RPG and one of the goals is to capture & evolve 151 different creatures, which can take quite a while.

I mean, yeah, I do agree it's a rather high price for a GB title despite the fact they bothered to take the time to change the coding to work with the 3DS' wireless, but still, it's two different genres.

Classic digital re-releases are priced at whatever people are willing to pay for it. They really have no inherent value based on length or anything.

People will definitely pay 10 for Pokemon

I'm not being completely serious guys.
The price is high, yes, but Nintendo set the precedent for these higher priced 'prestige' VC titles a long time ago, with the 'Hanabi' VC series on the Wii.

It's cool to see them released after being told 'it'll never happen' for so long, and they'll obviously became the biggest selling VC 3DS titles at whatever price.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I honestly thought $10 was the price for those "retail" versions where you got that magnet shaped like the cartridge & a map or whatever, which I figured, hey, for a sort-of "LE" for the game, was decent.

This makes me wonder if sales are high enough, they'd bother with Gold/Silver/Crystal. I can't see them doing the GBA remakes or the DS games due to having to trade online instead of locally.

Edit: HEEEYYY The Wii U Gamepad has a microphone, they could bring back Hey You, PIkachu on the N64 to the VC!!

scamander

Banned
Edit: HEEEYYY The Wii U Gamepad has a microphone, they could bring back Hey You, PIkachu on the N64 to the VC!!

I remember reading about this ~16 years ago in a German Nintendo magazine and couldn't wait to play this. Imagine my disappointment when I found out that Nintendo won't release it in Europe.

Umibozu

I remember reading about this ~16 years ago in a German Nintendo magazine and couldn't wait to play this. Imagine my disappointment when I found out that Nintendo won't release it in Europe.
You weren't missing much. One of my worst gaming experiences. Trying to get the game to register your voice and commands, as well as hoping pickachu would actually listen to your commands.

Chorazin

My god. The Japanese eshop is pure insanity. The themes. The games. The sheer joy of it all.

This would be even more exciting of I knew Japanese, but it's easy enough to get around. Bought Puyo Puyo Tetris and a Miku theme, now getting some demos. Thanks for taking my USA American Cash Money, Nintendo!

That solitaire horse racing game from Game Freak looks interesting.

Pokemaniac

It's gonna be $10 in the US. My only guess is it's tax for going into the game code & making it so you can trade wirelessly. If they left it as it was, they might've charged the usual but then people would've complained about not being able to trade Pokemon, which is one of the major elements of the series.

The game code is likely unchanged. All of the changes are likely in the emulator.

How can I tell what version of a game I have on 3DS? (I have an original 3DS XL)

The latest update of Shovel Knight was supposed to make a certain boss easier, but I'm still having trouble with it -- so I'm wondering if I didn't get the update or something.

Top Bottom