• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2010

On first look, I'm getting Dark Void Zero and maybe in the future Muscle March.

Based on what everyone else is saying, I will need to investigate Chronos Twins and Starship Defense.

Looks like a pretty nice week.

zigg

Mejilan said:
perhaps the Chronos Twins twin releases...

Has anyone managed to detail the differences, if any, between the DS card, the WiiWare, and DSiWare?

Now that I'm thinking about it I'm sort of apprehensive over the point difference. The DSiWare version itsn't cut-down, is it?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
if this week's dsi releases cannot break me away from trajectile i don't know what can.

zigg

blu said:
if this week's dsi releases cannot break me away from trajectile i don't know what can.

I sort of regret I got too busy to really get into Trajectile (particularly before I had to send the DSi in for repair.

That said, it's there (it better be, do you hear me, repair center?) and I'm sure I'll get back to it... someday.

I have needed to play Chronos Twins for so very, very long, though.

Chronos Twins DS was 8 MB, so it was clearly an easy fit for DSiWare. Too bad about the size limit for DSiWare games, not to mention the DSi's internal flash size. I can only hope the next-gen DS has a much bigger internal flash cart, as well as allow for loading games from an SD card, so that DS games from this gen via download would be possible.

New DSiware software usually uploads around 9:00 AM PST, right? I'm getting Dark Void Zero for sure. But I just purchased another 1000 points, so I'm not sure what to spend the remaining 500 on. Here's what I already own:

- Dr. Mario Express
- Mario vs DK: Mini's March Again
- PiCTOBiTs
- Dragon Quest Wars
- Pinball Pulse
- Flipnote Studio (of course, it's free)

Any suggestions?

Captain N

Reluctant-Hero said:
New DSiware software usually uploads around 9:00 AM PST, right? I'm getting Dark Void Zero for sure. But I just purchased another 1000 points, so I'm not sure what to spend the remaining 500 on. Here's what I already own:

- Dr. Mario Express
- PiCTOBiTs
- Dragon Quest Wars
- Pinball Pulse

Any suggestions?

I would suggest Mario vs DK! It's a great little game and you can create and share your own levels.

Edit Downloading Dark Void Zero!

73 Blocks

Reluctant-Hero said:

- Dr. Mario Express
- PiCTOBiTs
- Dragon Quest Wars
- Pinball Pulse

Any suggestions?

Starship Defense!

Tiktaalik

lol I forgot how slow and crappy the store is.

There's a lot I've missed it seems. There's some art style games I hadn't heard about.

Princess Skittles said:
So is Dark Void Zero any good?

I won't have my DSi on my until tonight so if anybody else bits first, let us know!
I'm trying, I'm trying... The store's so slow. :(

The DSi shop really does suck. I had to restart the shop "channel" twice...

VideoMan said:
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Original platform: Genesis
Publisher: SEGA

Finally! Been waiting for this one.

Dark Void Zero sounds pretty cool too. I need to get a points card for the DSi.

Shiggie

I just started Dark Void and Jimmy Fallon has a cameo:lol. Controls are tight and Im having a blast. Download it already.

bryehn

Grabbing Dark Void Zero and Starship Defense today for sure, Muscle March later in the week. Wish you could split Nintendo Points cards across both systems :/

Wish I'd known Chronos Twins was on DSi this week too, would have rather played it on there. Still a good (hard-assed) game though and very playable on WiiWare for sure.

Dark Void is pretty good. Controls and plays well. It is pretty difficult, even on Normal, but not like "horrible" difficulty. Just not a cakewalk.

The game reminds me less of Japanese NES games and more like American platformers from back in the day. There are little collectibles in almost every inch of the map.

Complaints I have with the game are mostly graphical:
- Pick-up items aren't easy to see when you first play. They kind of blend in with the background.
- Some parts of the background blend in with the foreground, and it will confuse you as to whether or not you can stand on certain surfaces/scenery.

I'm still at the first level, and haven't played it for more than 20 minutes, but I'm liking it so far.

One more complaint:
The game has no customizable controls, so if you like playing with the Y/B buttons as opposed to the B/A buttons, you're out of luck.

Edit: Yet another complaint...
The game's a little buggy. I was hit in an explosion and was stuck and couldn't move. Had to reset the system. There was another bug I encountered, but I forgot what it was.

I'm still liking the game, though... but that's unfortunate, because I need to start the whole level over again.

Fularu

Banned
Screw the haters, Shadow Dancer is mythic enough for me, poured so many hours into this one when it came out almost 20 years ago!

Captain N

Shiggie said:
I just started Dark Void and Jimmy Fallon has a cameo:lol. Controls are tight and Im having a blast. Download it already.

are you really enjoying it? I don't like the fake retro and it isn't nearly as well done as Mega Man 9. I don't like how the rocket packs are randomly placed through out the levels. Ugh.

Me And My Dogs: Friends Forever
Publisher: Gameloft
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Comic Mischief
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: Have you always dreamed of having a cute dog to cuddle? Thanks to Me And My Dogs: Friends Forever, you can have up to three of the cutest pups imaginable at the same time and take them with you everywhere you go. Choose from friendly Labradors, playful Chow Chows and smart Beagles. Like real dogs, you'll have to take care of them, feed them, wash them and give them lots of love. Play with them at the park and teach them lots of tricks or train them for competitions at the stadium. You can even call them like in real life thanks to the microphone.
They can't think of ANYTHING to boast about that isn't completely from Nintendogs?

Tiktaalik

JoshuaJSlone said:
They can't think of ANYTHING to boast about that isn't completely from Nintendogs?

It's cheap and you don't need to keep around a cart.

Edit: Also you can't get Chow Chows in Nintendogs, so this game is a must by for Chow Chow fans. :lol

Somnid

Muscle March is okay. The concept is fun but the controls takes a little getting used to (you don't actually flex, you point the remote/nunchuk up or down). Very short, but for 500 I'd say it's a well worth it as a party game. Single players might not get enough.

BTW: The mythic VC title was Kid Icarus. Nintendo Week had an ancient greek themed episode for Glory of Heracles. They also showed off Nix Quest.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
zigg said:
I sort of regret I got too busy to really get into Trajectile (particularly before I had to send the DSi in for repair.

That said, it's there (it better be, do you hear me, repair center?) and I'm sure I'll get back to it... someday.
may the repair center have mercy on you and delete this work of the devil. if not - save yourself - delete it upon receipt.

i realized it was it's too late for me when i started seeing bouncing missiles in my code editor at work and the game's menu music would keep playing in my head even after i put the game down (after a long struggle with myself).. that latter may have been due to me actually having trajectile's menu music on my headphones even after i'd stop playing.

zigg

Somnid said:
BTW: The mythic VC title was Kid Icarus.

Wha? It's been out for forever. What am I missing?

blu said:
may the repair center have mercy on you and delete this work of the devil. if not - save yourself - delete it upon receipt.

Now you've gone and done it. *blocks out sick days*

Marvie_3 said:
:lol @ Muscle March

Gonna have to get it.
raxohf.jpg

thefro

Somnid said:
BTW: The mythic VC title was Kid Icarus. Nintendo Week had an ancient greek themed episode for Glory of Heracles. They also showed off Nix Quest.

Yeah, I figured it was Kid Icarus, but I was hoping that maybe they were going to announce a new one for WiiWare.

Insaniac

question: my Puzzle League Express has constant freezing problems when loading up levels, anyone else experience this?

I've tried re-downloading it twice and it still happens. If this is just me, what can I do/who can I call to fix it? (I don't experience any freezing on other DSiware games or cartridge games)

Anyone know if there is a place where I can buy 500 DSI points? I want to buy Dark Void but I don't want to buy 1000 points because I don't need the other 500.

Volcynika

Shadowlink said:
Anyone know if there is a place where I can buy 500 DSI points? I want to buy Dark Void but I don't want to buy 1000 points because I don't need the other 500.

Gift Dark Void to me with the other 500! :D

Somnid

Shadowlink said:

Impossible. You must add at least 1000.

Top Bottom