• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2013

I meant the eShop games only. But retail-wise too, in Europe the first months won't be as good as on USA. Not bad, but not good either. But on the eShop there will probably be a drought. I don't think that I'll buy anything except HarmoKnight...
Ikachan, Guxt, Harmoknight, Tokyo Crash Mobs and Nano Assault EX are all pretty likely for Jan/Feb. I could also see stuff like PicDun 2, RabiLaby 3D and other small stuff get stealth released. Those, along with MoHun, Fire Emblem, Castlevania, etc make for a very nice Q1 download wise.

Edit: For the US at least.

Olorin

Isn't that [Little Inferno] more like a...tool rather than a game?
Well, it can easily be called a non-game, but there's a nice little story, an ending and plenty of entertainment. I certainly enjoyed it a lot, and playing it gamepad-only in bed is super relaxing.

Qurupeke

And why should everything be in March? >_< January-February will have a few only games but March is the opposite...

tolkir

Seriously, this shit is absurd. But even after The Cave, Toki Tori 2, Mutant Mudds and Runner 2, what else is there?! What a horrendous post launch draught.

At least the 3DS eShop is on a great roll now.

8-Bit Boy
1001 Spikes
Capcom Arcade Cabinet
Cloudberry Kingdom
Karateka
Two Brothers
Unepic

Eusis

Not sure when I'll buy an external drive for my deluxe Wii U. But 2TBs seems a but overkill as I've never filled my PS3's 320GB or my 360's 250GB.
After PS+ and Steam I've learned it's best to not underestimate. Plus it was $85 in a sale, and should I be able to get a good 1 TB drive way cheaper I can always do that instead. I'm mainly just worried about all the saves and crap being stuck on a drive I can't easily copy off of, especially with download speeds what they are.

@MUWANdo

Banned
8-Bit Boy
1001 Spikes
Capcom Arcade Cabinet
Cloudberry Kingdom
Karateka
Two Brothers
Unepic

These are all things that have been announced (or not even announced) with basically no extra info. For all intents and purposes they don't even exist.

donny2112

Trying to work through backlog before picking up any more eShop purchases. The good part of that is that when I start again, there's several games to pick up. :D

EDarkness

These are all things that have been announced (or not even announced) with basically no extra info. For all intents and purposes they don't even exist.

Cloudberry Kingdom has a trailer and everything stating it's coming for the Wii U. Not sure what you mean that it doesn't exist...

Ban Puncher

Today for Australia;

WiiU - Nothing (and still no Mighty Switch Force HD or Trine 2)

3DS - Ghosts n' Goblins NES

Nintendo making it rain.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I had three dollars left and it came down to Sword of Hope 2 and it's terrible translation or Gunman Clive and have an extra dollar lying about so the choice was easy.

Unchained Blades is really quite nice except the a button is the cancel button. What is this, a random Japanese PSX game westernized?

(It kinda is)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It places nice and runs smooth and has a fairly competent localization. The button mixup is so trash though; it's like going from FF VIII back to FF VII.

Today for Australia;

WiiU - Nothing (and still no Mighty Switch Force HD or Trine 2)

3DS - Ghosts n' Goblins NES

Nintendo making it rain.

Honestly? I love my Wii U in the main but this is REALLY making me nervous about buying games for my new console. If they can't keep up not even with the US.. but the rest of EU... then why the fuck should I bother buying games? If its a trend where smaller games are not guaranteed to come - and in fact has LESS parity than any other console before it - then the Australian Wii U owner is getting less and less value for money than people in the rest of the EU region.

The rest of the tremendous bullshit (lack of games, Wii games held behind the Wii shell, etc) I can actually deal with. But not being able to buy two games I want to play on my new console is absurd.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Harmoknight in March?
sonatine4.jpg

and Toki Tori 2 needs to move the fuck over here

Eusis

It places nice and runs smooth and has a fairly competent localization. The button mixup is so trash though; it's like going from FF VIII back to FF VII.
It's what killed the 3DS version for me: unless they put out a quick patch or something before I get it on PSN I'm sticking with that version, at least I expect X confirm/O cancel on that and can switch between the two better on PlayStation stuff (thanks to stuff like MGS and the aforementioned FFVII). Can't do that as easily on Nintendo stuff, and it's absurd this even happened with a Japanese localization on a Nintendo platform from a company that's released plenty, at least with western developers they're just going with what they're used to.

Guess it could be a gaffe on the developer's part though, with Xseed just having to roll with it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I played a bit of the PSP version though and would rather have the bottom screen map than the overlay. EO and Strange Journey have spoiled me.

jgkspsx

Oh my God Gunman Clive. I just beat normal mode and unlocked what may be my favorite bonus mode in a game to date.

Roto13

I'm kind of impressed with just how much like a NES game Gunman Clive is. It even has the obligatory shoot-em-up level.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Cloudberry Kingdom has a trailer and everything stating it's coming for the Wii U. Not sure what you mean that it doesn't exist...

You also listed a bunch of games that aren't even officially confirmed yet, some that are just barely confirmed and a Nicalis game--hardly a reassuring (or reliable!) forecast for the future. Even Cloudberry couldn't make its original release. Such is life.

Honestly? I love my Wii U in the main but this is REALLY making me nervous about buying games for my new console. If they can't keep up not even with the US.. but the rest of EU... then why the fuck should I bother buying games? If its a trend where smaller games are not guaranteed to come - and in fact has LESS parity than any other console before it - then the Australian Wii U owner is getting less and less value for money than people in the rest of the EU region.

The rest of the tremendous bullshit (lack of games, Wii games held behind the Wii shell, etc) I can actually deal with. But not being able to buy two games I want to play on my new console is absurd.

If you have an Aussie system you can just set it to the UK or whatever and get all those EU games that Australia never gets.

We don't get SMT or Etrian IV in Europe and we don't get Fire Emblem until April. So yeah, it's gonna be rough. We don't even get Unchained Blades. T_T

And the balanced is restored. That one time we got Xenoblade half a year before the US was pretty swell though, right?

Isn't that more like a...tool rather than a game?

I don't know, when I get back home I'll go over it...I could even just buy a couple of full games...not entirely sure.
The combos are a bit like old-school p&c adventures where you combine items. There's quite a few too and they can get tricky. I was hesitant at first too but it turned out to be really great fun. I'd recommend it but be aware that there is no 'gameplay' beyond the combos - you just put the items in the fireplace and burn them. Oh and it has a lovely presentation.

StayDead

Is anyone else thinking that there's probably going to be a Nintendo Direct this month? Not much news even about downloads so far this year.

enishi

Is anyone else thinking that there's probably going to be a Nintendo Direct this month? Not much news even about downloads so far this year.

Actually they do not have any release date for 1st party titles for 3DS and WiiU in 2013 in Japan... I hope they will bring a new ND next week with the Pokemon announcement.

M3d10n

Gunman Clive is actually a surprise technical marvel. Runs at solid 60fps in 3D with 2X antialiasing and the sketch shader effect.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I'm thinking Nintendo thought the Wii U eShop would be all stocked up for games in December/January. Toki Tori 2, Zen Pinball, Runner 2 were all delayed for various reasons. Don't know why Puddle isn't up in the US shop though.

Toki Tori 2 development seems to be wrapping up and Two Tribes tweeted today they are considering bringing EDGE and RUSH to the Wii U eShop next.

0Ahdk.png
Yes, please. RUSH was awesome on WiiWare, would double dip, and EDGE always had me interested.

Is there no games that Nintendo spent the last month shuffling the already released Wii U eShop games on the front page?

Chopper

Surely that Sonic Racing demo is ready to go. Just release that in Europe to at least make it look as though you're vaguely interested in Wii U Nintendo!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Is there no games that Nintendo spent the last month shuffling the already released Wii U eShop games on the front page?
Actually this is not entirely true - Rise of the Guardians DD came out a week or so ago (edit: wikipedia says dec 14th for EU), making it to the front page.

Oddduck

Two Brothers info should be coming at Pax East in March because thats the event when AckkStudios said they would reveal details on their 3D RPG for Wii U eShop.

Shin'en is also getting ready to announce a new Wii U eShop game in the next couple months according to an interview they did.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Anyone know why I had to download an update for Virtue's Last Reward? I can't find word of it anywhere. (I have the download, EU version)

Speaking of the Sonic Transformed demo, I really hope the demo for the 3DS version comes out soon. The 3DS version has next to no media available, and I'm really curious about that version. (Mostly wondering if the track layouts are going to be the same as the console versions; The the tracks in the DS version of the first game were almost 1:1 with it's console counterparts, minus a few stage hazards here and there.)

beril

Anyone know why I had to download an update for Virtue's Last Reward? I can't find word of it anywhere. (I have the download, EU version)

Probably just bugfixes. I don't think publishers usually make big announcements about patches and updates

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Probably just bugfixes. I don't think publishers usually make big announcements about patches and updates

With this - given the game's crippling save bug - I'd have thought they would have.

By the way Gunman Clive is a great game!

EDIT: I have no idea if they have fixed the save bug by the way, it is specifically why I asked.

Zornica

Banned

do you own the retail or digital version?
I'd appreciate it if you'd try to trigger the save corruption bug with your updated game. It's probably the fastest way to find out what the patch did.

Top Bottom