• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2013

wsippel

Banned
It is? What about the Japanese release of Tank! Tank! Tank! that gives you a few free plays per day until you buy something?
That one's weird. As far as I remember, you can't buy the DLC from within the game. You have to buy it from the eShop. Also, apparently, the infrastructure for developers is different from region to region. Things are more automated in Europe compared to the US for example. Which might be the problem: Maybe NoE's automated system currently can't deal with paid DLC for free downloads or something.

Nintendo Japan is always more progressive in that regard, but I think nobody has any idea how they actually handle anything over there. Maybe they do everything manually? No idea...

Roto13

I don't know what you guys are expecting to happen on the Wii U eShop. The only things that are supposed to be coming any time soon are Zen Pinball 2 and maybe Bit.Trip Runner 2. Nothing worth playing is going to just magically show up on the eShop without warning.

Katsuragi

I don't know what you guys are expecting to happen on the Wii U eShop. The only things that are supposed to be coming any time soon are Zen Pinball 2 and maybe Bit.Trip Runner 2. Nothing worth playing is going to just magically show up on the eShop without warning.

The Cave is also scheduled to come out in January.

Or you know this would be a perfect time to release VC games.

Roto13

Or you know this would be a perfect time to release VC games.

What makes you think the Wii U is even getting a Virtual Console? And if it does, what makes you think that's any more likely to randomly appear without warning than a regular eShop game?

NeoRausch

no, I don't want something to magically appear. but almost nothing happened since the launch of the system.
I just... don't know. beside some (good but few) third party announcements there is more or less nothing.
Nintendo could at least tease something. but week after week nothing doesn't sound very appealing for a new console.

What makes you think the Wii U is even getting a Virtual Console? And if it does, what makes you think that's any more likely to randomly appear without warning than a regular eShop game?
Iwata said it would. I expect them to standardize a release day when they have more content to release.

Toki Tori 2 and (in America) Puddle should be soonish too. Tank! Tank! Tank! also, though it's not clear if it'll be just the full game on eShop or follow the piecemeal f2p Japan model.

Nothing worth playing is going to just magically show up on the eShop without warning.

I dunno, that's pretty much how Nintendo's download services work. Most WiiWare and DSiWare games would show up out of nowhere with no previous information or screens, let alone announcements.

This is the perfect place to ask this.

How easy is transferring SD card contents over to a bigger one for my 3DS? Is it as simple as copy and pasting all the contents into the next one?

I just bought harvest moon digitally and had to delete way to much stuff to make room which I hate.

Also, can someone recommend me an 8GB card? I'm thinking of going with Amazon basic again but I want to see what you guys are rocking.

Tenki

How easy is transferring SD card contents over to a bigger one for my 3DS? Is it as simple as copy and pasting all the contents into the next one?

I just bought harvest moon digitally and had to delete way to much stuff to make room which I hate.

Also, can someone recommend me an 8GB card? I'm thinking of going with Amazon basic again but I want to see what you guys are rocking.

Yes, it's as simple as that. Just copy everything on the SD card to your PC, and then move all the files to the new SD card. Keep the old one just in case something goes wrong in the process, but it should be fine.

tuffy

That's pretty much exactly it, as described in the 3DS manual. I had a couple of card readers on hand and just dumped everything from one straight to the other which was even easier.

Would be cool to get the Sonic racing demo in EU.

They announced it...iirc. Not expecting it so soon though, Nintendo has too much on the to-do-list as is.

ZombiU demo and full game are now available on the Euro eShop according to Go Nintendo.
I hope Ubi fixes the game-breaking bugs/glitches, not touching survivor mode before that after being hit by one.

dang, to bad! I wanted to play.... something. ah well.
If you haven't played it yet, I recommend Darksiders 2, great game and I didn't even like the first one all too much. Touchscreen realtime map/inventory is godsend for a game like this. Already put over 20h in. Has some framerate issues and screentearing though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Virtual Console on eShop will be Nintnedo's big E3 megaton.

OMG Aero

Virtual Console on eShop will be Nintnedo's big E3 megaton.
"We are pleased to announce that Virtual Console games are available on the Wii U eShop right now*!"

*Virtual Console games available are the same as the ones on the Wii Shop channel. If you want to play Virtual Console games outside of Wii mode you will have to buy them again.

I know it's probably not the best barometer, but going by Game & Watch Gallery > Game & Watch Gallery 2 and Wario Land > Wario Land 2 release dates, both third editions could be coming out in the March to May timeframe. Please give me both of them with extreme immediacy!

ESPECIALLY GAME & WATCH GALLERY 3 I NEED IT NOW.

Eric C

Iwata already announced a Wii U Virtual Console. The games will be playable on the gamepad's screen too.

What we don't know is if Wii VC games will get converted to Wii U VC or if we'll have to rebuy them.

Slightly tangential, was just wondering is there a recommended place to purchase 3ds cash cards/codes online? I imported a NA 3DSXL for DS:Overclocked but I wouldnt mind picking up some stuff on the estore

^
This if you're set on using the US eshop.

Or you could just set your country to Canada and use the Canadian eshop, it's been confirmed by others on GAF that the Canadian eshop will take foreign credit cards. Since you don't live in Canada, be sure to choose a low tax province.

xcaSK.png

dwu8991

Banned
wow zombi U is full of surprises - took 15 minutes to get used to the controls, and everything they say about the cricket bat is true !

Marz

I know it's probably not the best barometer, but going by Game & Watch Gallery > Game & Watch Gallery 2 and Wario Land > Wario Land 2 release dates, both third editions could be coming out in the March to May timeframe. Please give me both of them with extreme immediacy!

ESPECIALLY GAME & WATCH GALLERY 3 I NEED IT NOW.

Game is amazing. When it hits the eShop it and Fire Emblem will consume my life.

This if you're set on using the US eshop.

Or you could just set your country to Canada and use the Canadian eshop, it's been confirmed by others on GAF that the Canadian eshop will take foreign credit cards. Since you don't live in Canada, be sure to choose a low tax province.

xcaSK.png

Can you change your country at any time like the 3DS?

Eric C

Can you change your country at any time like the 3DS?
Can the Wii U change countries like the 3DS?
I think so. I think a US Wii U access the Canadian eshop. I'm not 100% sure.

Can you change your country anytime on the 3DS?
Yeah you can go into the 3DS's "System Settings" and under your profile change your country anytime you want.

I'm in the US and have only used the US eshop. But *I think* the games are tied to the hardware so you can change your country back and forth as much as you want and you can play any game you bought from any country no matter what your current country setting is. So if you bought US 3DS eshop games you should still be able to play them if you switch to Canada.

Keep in mind:

US 3DSs are basically limited to US, Canada, and Central & South American countries.

PAL or European 3DS's are essentially limited to switch between only European countries and Australia.

Japan 3DSs are only Japan.

So the 3DS is still region locked, but you can change between countries in that region.

oatmeal

Banned
So I have Nano Assault Neo and MSF and there's really nothing else that seems interesting.

I have $110 in my eShop wallet.

All I want to do is spend it.

So I have Nano Assault Neo and MSF and there's really nothing else that seems interesting.

I have $110 in my eShop wallet.

All I want to do is spend it.
How did you get $110 in eShop funds knowing what the Wii U shop has been like since launch?

Eh, either way, you'll have reason to spend it. Eventually. I sat on $10 of PSN credit for a year recently, heh.

oatmeal

Banned
How did you get $110 in eShop funds knowing what the Wii U shop has been like since launch?

Eh, either way, you'll have reason to spend it. Eventually. I sat on $10 of PSN credit for a year recently, heh.

Christmas presents.

(EDIT)
It was $130 (four $20 cards and one $50) but I bought those two games.

I'm considering buying a full release as well...but...I dunno. I'm scurred:(

Top Bottom