• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2013

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hmm, don't think I'll go that far. :p

What's the coin count you need for the best ending? I plan on getting all the treasures.

The Hermit

nice, congrats beril, hope you sell even more!

Ubisoft just priced Ghost Recon R$ 179 (US$ 90) in the Brazil eShop, topping even Nintendo's ludicrous retail prices. It's even more ridiculous because it costs $30 in the US eShop, making it 3X as expensive in the Brazil eShop for no justifiable reason at all.

Bad Ubisoft, bad. Third parties should be pricing their games lower than Nintendo, not higher. Are they trying to make the physical version look like a deal or something?

wtf...

The Brasil eShop is so bizzare, the DD games are usually cheaper, yet the retail are priced about the same or even higher than the stores. Thank God for the Youkon, but I wish I could buy everything without having to change all the time...

Qurupeke

By the way, I've completed SMB: Lost Levels 4 times. :D Another 4 times now... I use the warp points now and it's actually quite easier. On my first playthrough I didn't skip any part of the game.

A-D Worlds, here I come!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hmm, don't think I'll go that far. :p

What's the coin count you need for the best ending? I plan on getting all the treasures.

It's not difficult; the treasures add an awful lot. Chances are you'll be close or maybe even there just from collecting coins, the treasures, and playing the end of level game.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's not difficult; the treasures add an awful lot. Chances are you'll be close or maybe even there just from collecting coins, the treasures, and playing the end of level game.

According to a walkthrough, all the treasures combined give you 90,000.

Ah, I think I almost have 9999 already, so I should be in the clear.

Edit- Yeah, I have 9786 at Course 33, I should be all set.

M-PG71C

I downloaded the Brain Age demo, I actually really liked it. It'll be my first Brain Age game and I already went on and pre-ordered it. Feb is going to be pretty sweet between it and Fire Emblem. The math demo kind of kicked my ass though, that two-step or whatever was harder than I thought lol

Roto13

I downloaded the Brain Age demo, I actually really liked it. It'll be my first Brain Age game and I already went on and pre-ordered it. Feb is going to be pretty sweet between it and Fire Emblem. The math demo kind of kicked my ass though, that two-step or whatever was harder than I thought lol
Do yourself a favour and get the digital version of Brain Age.

donny2112

that two-step or whatever was harder than I thought lol

3-back is tedious. Makes sense that the real version will be timed. 1-back and 2-back can go pretty fast, but things started crawling at 3-back for me. BTW, I think it's 20s - finish 85% or higher on 3-back, 30s-40s-50s - finish lower than 85% on 3-back.

Do yourself a favour and get the digital version of Brain Age.

Seconded, if you don't mind paying full retail for it.

Roto13, did you change your mind on that or are you skipping it for now?

Roto13

3-back is tedious. Makes sense that the real version will be timed. 1-back and 2-back can go pretty fast, but things started crawling at 3-back for me. BTW, I think it's 20s - finish 85% or higher on 3-back, 30s-40s-50s - finish lower than 85% on 3-back.

Seconded, if you don't mind paying full retail for it.

Roto13, did you change your mind on that or are you skipping it for now?
Still skipping it, but I'm more likely to download it for $30 than buy the physical version for more than $10, because I'd actually use the digital version for more than a week.

Nintendo Life's review of Ikachan really crushed my excitement for the game. They weren't exactly down on the game but said it was super short.

Like less than 2 hours.

Not sure of what to do now, I'll let some more reviews/impressions come in I guess.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Everyone disagrees. :p I don't know if the music of Gunman Clive could possibly fit more with the game.

There could probably stand to be more of it, but the music is probably my favourite thing about the game.

Seriously, I would've never thought so many people went as far as loving that soundtrack, but hey de gustibus... It feels empty, doesn't boost the pace of a Mega-Man "clone" like it should and adds a sense of repetitive emptyness instead. More power to you guys if you honestly enjoy it. :) but please don't try to put it on the same plate as something like Mega Men 2, which is pure blasphemy :p Although I'd also say that even if I also think myself that Gunman Clive is a neat little game, the statements I read around here about its quality are nothing short of hyperbolic to me.

I was just happy to support a GAFFER, I wanted to reward something cool being sold at a fair price on the eShop (for once) and I definitely wasn't disappointed, so all it's good in the end :)

@MUWANdo

Banned
Nintendo Life's review of Ikachan really crushed my excitement for the game. They weren't exactly down on the game but said it was super short.

Like less than 2 hours.

Not sure of what to do now, I'll let some more reviews/impressions come in I guess.

You know the original game is freeware a la Cave Story, right? You can try it out for yourself right now. I don't think Nicalis added any substantial new content aside from redrawn graphics and a bigger playfield.

You know the original game is freeware a la Cave Story, right? You can try it out for yourself right now. I don't think Nicalis added any substantial new content aside from redrawn graphics and a bigger playfield.

I think I was just in denial.

Maybe I'll get the eShop version of Cave Story instead.

Roto13

Seriously, I would've never thought so many people went as far as loving that soundtrack, but hey de gustibus... It feels empty, doesn't boost the pace of a Mega-Man "clone" like it should and adds a sense of repetitive emptyness instead. More power to you guys if you honestly enjoy it. :) but please don't try to put it on the same plate as something like Mega Men 2, which is pure blasphemy :p Although I'd also say that even if I also think myself that Gunman Clive is a neat little game, the statements I read around here about its quality are nothing short of hyperbolic to me.

I was just happy to support a GAFFER, I wanted to reward something cool being sold at a fair price on the eShop (for once) and I definitely wasn't disappointed, so all it's good in the end :)

Well obviously it's not up there with one of the top video game soundtracks of all time, Mega Man 2. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Why are Europe and Japan so ahead in putting WL on 3DS VC? WTF is NoA smoking?

Europe gets WL2 in July, we get it last month.

Europe gets WL3 last month, we get it... presumably in May.

ARGH

@MUWANdo

Banned
PAL press release is out--Arkham Asylum digital release, Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U eShop (plus Trine 2 in AU/NZ), nothing worth mentioning for 3DS.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

wsippel

Banned
Zen Pinball with all the day one DLC:

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (Warner Bros. | €59.99 | £49.99) Upcoming (01/31)
  • Zen Pinball 2 (Zen Studios | Free) Upcoming (01/31)
  • Zen Pinball 2 DLC (Zen Studios) Upcoming (01/31)
    Zen Classic Pack featuring Tesla, El Dorado, V12 and Shaman (€9.99 | £7.99)
    Marvel Pinball featuring Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade and Iron Man (€9.99 | £7.99)
    Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles featuring Marvel’s The Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, World War Hulk, and Fear Itself (€9.99 | £7.99)
    Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue featuring X-Men, Thor, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight (€9.99 | £7.99)
    Excalibur (€2.99 | £2.39)
    Earth Defense (€2.99 | £2.39)
    Sorcerer's Lair (€2.99 | £2.39)
    Paranormal (€2.99 | £2.39)
    Mars (€2.99 | £2.39)
    Epic Quest (€2.99 | £2.39)
    Plants vs. Zombies (€2.99 | £2.39)
    Fantastic Four (€2.99 | £2.39)
    Captain America (€2.99 | £2.39)

beje

Banned
3€ a pop sounds extremely expensive and nickel&dime'ing when each full game featuring 4 boards is like 5-6€ on the 3DS eShop. Not buying.

I'm still sad because Zen Pinball was supposed to be the first 3DS game with DLC. Instead I've just got those same 4 tables...not interested in Marvel stuff, I want more original tables. :(

Xater

3€ a pop sounds extremely expensive and nickel&dime'ing when each full game featuring 4 boards is like 5-6€ on the 3DS eShop. Not buying.

I paid more for some of the tables in Pinball Arcade, but then again those are way better real tables.

wsippel

Banned
The Wii U version isn't really expensive, the 3DS version was just unusually cheap. €2.99 per table/ €9.99 per four pack is the regular price on other platforms. And while it's certainly great to get stuff for cheap, I consider three bucks per table acceptable. Don't really like the four packs, though.

joedick

How many levels in Fluidity are the ones where you do the whole 360 rotating business?

I haven't played the game, on the last RFN they said you don't actually have to do that. There are buttons you can use that will do the same thing, the game just doesn't tell you about it.

zigg

I haven't played the game, on the last RFN they said you don't actually have to do that. There are buttons you can use that will do the same thing, the game just doesn't tell you about it.
Wait, buttons? Like, hold buttons down and wait for tilt to end up where you want it to be, instead of just moving the system at your own speed? That sounds awful. Maybe if it was an analog stick that you could swing quickly…

rjc571

Banned
Try them yourself and decide?

If it's like the Vita version, the trial only lets you play the tables for a couple of minutes before it kicks you out, so you can't really get a feel for the tables or experience all of their features.

joedick

Wait, buttons? Like, hold buttons down and wait for tilt to end up where you want it to be, instead of just moving the system at your own speed? That sounds awful. Maybe if it was an analog stick that you could swing quickly…

I dunno, I think on RFN they said you don't have to tilt 360 degrees.

Roto13

Zen Pinball tables I like:

El Dorado (Though a lot of people seem to disagree with me)
Blade
Iron Man
X-Men
Excalibur
Fantastic Four
Captain America

I haven't played every table, of course, but those are my favourites of what I own. Obviously I like Marvel. :p

Top Bottom