• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | July 2017

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hope you guys take some enjoyment out of it!

Thanks for letting me know! Updated the post.

Just got an S Rank on Hatch 3! Yeeeah!

I'll post more later, but short impressions: I like it! I dislike the visual aesthetic. I'm a huge fan of auto runners. This is such a brilliant take on the genre! Controlling two runners on two paths is awesome, my brain loves the confusion.

Did you create this idea or did you borrow it from another game? This is the first time I've played a runner like this, I love it. I hope to see it in future games, like Runner 3.

dani_dc

Just got an S Rank on Hatch 3! Yeeeah!

I'll post more later, but short impressions: I like it! I dislike the visual aesthetic. I'm a huge fan of auto runners. This is such a brilliant take on the genre! Controlling two runners on two paths is awesome, my brain loves the confusion.

Did you create this idea or did you borrow it from another game? This is the first time I've played a runner like this, I love it. I hope to see it in future games, like Runner 3.
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it, and I look forward to hearing more feedback!

The idea emerged from a discussion regarding concepts for simple games with an unique twist. We didn't consciously take inspiration on any particular game when doing so.

Initially it was supposed to be an infinite runner but we quickly realized that for the two characters concept to be justified we needed level design, so the project scoope went beyond what we initially had in mind, but that's how it always is.

Few keys should still be available from last page:

Well, since we're on a giving mood already.
I thought to celebrate the US release of my own game, Eba & Egg with a small giveaway of my own.

America (Quote to reveal):

2) Taken
3)
4) Taken

Hope you enjoy the game, and any feedback is always welcomed!

RpgN

How is Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo? Seems I can get it via MyNintendo for free.

It's a neat little bite sized platformer that isn't amazing but harmless. I got it on sale before and had a good time trying to perfect the levels.

RedColumn

It's raining free codes! Alternative Nintendo summer sales for free!

Seems that America codes are much more requested! Today we do 1 year, so let's give 3 extra American codes. Here is a summary for the 3Souls codes for Wii U:

quote to reveal:

Europe all gone!

America 3 NEW CODES!:

Australia / New Zealand (there are 3, not sure if any were taken):

Great of you to do this! I had no idea about your game before but I looked it up and just bought it.

I love games that use the two screens in novel ways and I also like to buy Gaffer Eshop games. Is there a list of the latter somewhere?

Thanks!! Enjoy the game! Let me know what you think about the game :)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Looks like the eShop was updated this morning, but still no Infinite Golf. Namco Museum and the Sportball game is up.

Bebop

Seems that America codes are much more requested! Today we do 1 year, so let's give 3 extra American codes. Here is a summary for the 3Souls codes for Wii U:

Thank you man, I took the last european code !

jholmes

Few keys should still be available from last page:

I took two and played quite a bit last night. I should come back with a lot more detailed feedback after the weekend, but the short version is it's really fun! Definitely glad to grab a copy.

Actually one thing I would mention sooner rather than later: it sucks that the D-pad doesn't work on the menu screens. There's no reason to only use the sticks and my brain automatically sticks to wanting to use the D-pad when there's only limited 2D inputs like on a menu screen.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Thank you! I'll keep an eye out! Would love to get mario kart 8d, but I'm not used to paying full price for what its like a 3 year old goty edition.

Do you already have it on WiiU?

Do you have any intention of playing it outside your home?

If you didn't have it on WiiU, it's a no brainer. The game is worth $79.99 if you've never played it!!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Updated the USA/Canada/Mexico price comparison sheet. (http://potchgult.com/eshop/)

Question for anyone with access to the Mexican eshop:

Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star is $59.99 in the USA, but appears to sell for the equivalent of $44.97 (1065 MX) in Mexico. That's $15 less. Can anyone else confirm those prices?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Quick impressions of Infinite Minigolf, played for a couple of hours in single player and multiplayer:

• Do you enjoy real life minigolf? This is a good replication of that. You will hit shots that will go off course, obstacles will screw you over, and you will over swing or under swing and miss the hole, it has all that. If you're someone who takes this all in stride and has fun with you, you'll like this.
  • This game has power-ups like Kirby's Dream Course, but you can also disable them for a more "authentic real life" experience, if you want that.
  • There's a lot of content here, not including the online courses, which there are many already.
  • My wife LOVES the game, I think it's okay. It's probably not going to make it in my single player rotation.
  • I highly recommend setting the analog sensitivity to super low settings. The Joycons analog sticks are short, so you have to really really have finese to not over-hit the shot. It takes some getting used to, now I can get it consistently. I would imagine it's better on a Pro Controller with longer analog stick throw, but I don't have a Pro.
  • I wish you could earn unlock cards while doing multiplayer, but it seems like you only get them doing Single Player stuff. You can earn cards quickly playing Quick Play which gives you a random course created by people, and you can rate it. That's pretty cool/fun for quick play sessions where you want to earn unlockable stuff.
  • The course creation looks ROBUST. I'm probably never going to use it, it doesn't look like an easy jump in and place stuff type of course creator. But I bet you can make some really cool stuff if you put the time in and learn it.
  • It's well priced at $15. I would recommend it if you actually enjoy mini-golf IRL.
  • The first two tournaments in Big Room are REALLY easy, like tutorial stage easy. I would recommend NOT judging the game based off those first few tournaments.
  • There's a lot of character creation stuff to unlock, that's cool.
  • You MUST use a a pair of Joycons, no single joycon use. HOWEVER, you can pass the controller with up to 8 players, so no big deal. A single pair of Joycons enables multiplayer for everyone.
  • There's also online play, haven't touched it yet.

;TLDR I would recommend it at $15 if what you see interests you. Lots of content, robust course creator (I'll never touch) and 8-player multiplayer with a single Joycon pair. You have to be really precise when pulling back at the Joycon analog to set your power on shots (set the sensitivity to minimum in the settings to help), that's going to be tough for non-gamers, or kids. It may not be for everyone because of that.

dani_dc

Wish I hadn't left my Wii U in another continent, regret not being able to try out interesting looking indie game such as yours.

I took two and played quite a bit last night. I should come back with a lot more detailed feedback after the weekend, but the short version is it's really fun! Definitely glad to grab a copy.

Actually one thing I would mention sooner rather than later: it sucks that the D-pad doesn't work on the menu screens. There's no reason to only use the sticks and my brain automatically sticks to wanting to use the D-pad when there's only limited 2D inputs like on a menu screen.

Glad you managed to grab a copy!

Yeah, you're right on that, definitely an oversight on my part.

dani_dc

Thanks! I got an eye on yours too! Do you have in mind to launch on Europe at some point?
Thanks!
Hoping to release it as soon as I can, wanted to focus on a single release first, hopefully everything goes smoothly so I can release it in EU soon!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Well, since we're on a giving mood already.
I thought to celebrate the US release of my own game, Eba & Egg with a small giveaway of my own.

America (Quote to reveal):

1) Taken
2) Taken
3)
4)
5) Taken
6) Taken
7) Taken
8) Taken
9) Taken
10) Taken

Hope you enjoy the game, and any feedback is always welcomed!

I just used code 4! Thanks!

Top Bottom