• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | July 2017

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So...

Cave Story+ now(?) has a release date in Europe on the eShop.

July 20th

Which is weird since Headup Games and Nicalis announced it was September 7th.

Ondore

RBI Baseball 2017 is releasing on Switch September 5 - an officially licensed game that MLB actually publishes.

jmizzal

Another one

Morphite coming to Switch Sept 7th same day as PC, Xbox one and PS4

looks like a cool lil shooter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDR9HyrmwEE

"Morphite is an atmospheric exploration sci-fi shooter with platforming elements.
It is lovingly inspired by classics – Metroid Prime, Ratchet and Clank, and Turok.
Your goal is to explore the galaxy, research plants and animals, battle hostile entities, and unravel a mystery surrounding a rare material called Morphite. Morphite is set to be a deep and enriching single player experience with both a story-driven plot as well as open-ended, player-driven exploration and discovery."

RBI Baseball 2017 is releasing on Switch September 5 - an officially licensed game that MLB actually publishes.

So for sports Switch got Basketball two games, Baseball, Soccer and Golf, oh yea and Wrestling

And still no football smh EA

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I love how every Thursday has become a surprise Christmas morning of eShop titles that we don't know about... it's actually kind of fun! I have over $200 in eShop credit (from GameStop #FlipGate17) ready and waiting!

zigg

Man I love how every Thursday has become a surprise Christmas morning of eShop titles that we don't know about... it's actually kind of fun! I have over $200 in eShop credit (from GameStop #FlipGate17) ready and waiting!
I ran out of credit 😢

But I'm not buying any games until I can find some people with time to play Death Squared with me

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I ran out of credit 😢

But I'm not buying any games until I can find some people with time to play Death Squared with me

Bought that last week and played it once with my daughter/wife. I thought they would enjoy it more than they did... picked up Bomberman R, we'll see if they enjoy that more.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch

- Splatoon 2 – Get hyped for the sequel to the hit game about splatting ink and claiming turf, as the squid-like Inklings return in a colorful and chaotic action shooter. For the first time, take the game’s various single- and multiplayer modes on the go via local multiplayer in portable play styles. (Additional games and systems required for multiplayer mode; sold separately.) You can also compete in frenetic online* matches like never before with the new SplatNet 2 mobile service (Nintendo Account, persistent internet access and compatible mobile device required. Data charges may apply.) SplatNet 2, which allows players to see Splatoon 2 stats and stage schedules, is part of the Nintendo Switch Online mobile app. With the Nintendo Switch Online app, players can get together with their squid squad and chat during certain online modes. Splatoon 2 will be available on July 21.
- Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star – The first action game based on the popular Fate series, Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star allows players to play as 16 unique Servants to perform various signature moves. Players also have a new form change ability that allows them to become even more powerful. Engage in intense battles on the ground or in midair to annihilate the enemy forces. Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star will be available on July 25.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Also new this week:

- ACA NEOGEO SAMURAI SHODOWN (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- BOOST BEAST (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Mononoke Forest (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- GALAXY BLASTER (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Eba & Egg: A Hatch Trip (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Damn, so they really cleared the release schedule out this week for Splatoon 2? Probably a good choice, maybe next week we'll be back to some good eShop releases.

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (Switch)

Splatoon 2 (Nintendo, available July 21) - €59.99/£49.99
Traditional 4-on-4 turf battles return in this full sequel to the original breakout hit game, along with new stages, new fashions and new weapons such as the two-handed Splat Dualies. Players can compete on the TV or on the go. Whether they use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller or Joy-Con, players can aim their ink using motion controls. Splatoon 2 supports both local and online multiplayer matches.

Cave Story+ (Nicalis) - €29.99/£26.99
A young amnesiac hero discovers a hidden land and vows to protect the defenceless creatures who live there! Can he stop the mad doctor and learn the truth about his own past? Highly polished and compelling, Cave Story+ uses retro-game stylings to deliver an all-out action/adventure extravaganza that's both charming and deadly! Super-challenging platform/shooter action...fantastic weapons...colourful characters...deeply nuanced storytelling...this is Cave Story+!

Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (Marvelous Europe, available July 21) - €54.99/£49.99
Experience lightning-fast battlefield action across an epic story! In the digital realm of SE.RA.PH, the Holy Grail War is over, but the land’s new ruler faces challenges and threats from all sides. The servants now find themselves drawing up tense and unlikely alliances, preparing for a conflict that may tear SE.RA.PH apart...or destroy it entirely.

ACA NEOGAF SAMURAI SHOWDOWN (HAMSTER) - €6.99/£6.29
"SAMURAI SHOWDOWN" is a fighting game that was originally released by SNK in 1993. The game features 12 swordmasters, each with their own unique personality. They will battle it out against each other before taking on Shiro Tokisada Amakusa in the game’s climax. One of the unique characteristics of this game is the Rage Gauge which fills up as the player takes damage. Once that gauge is full the character’s attacks do more damage, keeping the battles tense and exciting.

BOOST BEAST (ARC SYSTEM WORKS) - €9.99/£8.99
"BOOST BEAST" is a defence puzzle game where players defeat the invading horde of zombies by clearing blocks and summoning animals. A sudden virus outbreak has infected the entire human race and turned everyone into zombies... Only a small group of animals survived the outbreak. In order to restore peace in the world, Alec, the king of the dogs, sets out on a journey with his animal army to exterminate the zombies. Join forces with your cute animal army and clear up to 204 stages! Let’s go animal army! Until the day where peace is restored!

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Infinite Golf (Petite Games, New 3DS only) - €1.99/£1.79
Ready for a new golf challenge? Welcome to Infinite Golf! In this calming golf game you can try 2 different modes. In Arcade Mode you have 3 balls for each hole. If you run out of balls your game is over. Try to beat your highscore! In Endless Mode you don't have to worry about losing or winning. Just enjoy the calm atmosphere! There is always one more level!

Pic-a-Pix Colour - Small Puzzles 9 (Lightwood Games, Add-on Content) - €1.99/£1.99

Special offers
Chain Blaster (Joindots) - €2.49/£2.09 (Ends August 3, normally €4.99/£4.19)
Fairune (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends August 10, normally €2.99/£2.99)
Petit Novel series - Harvest December (CIRCLE Ent.) - €7.99/£7.93 (Ends August 10, normally €11.99/£11.89)
Tappingo (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends August 10, normally €2.99/£2.99)
Tappingo 2 (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends August 10, normally €2.99/£2.99)
Lionel City Builder 3D: Rise of the Rails (Big John Games) - €3.49/£2.99 (Ends August 17, normally €4.99/£4.49)
Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends July 27, normally €7.99/£7.19)
Word Logic by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.19/£6.39 (Ends August 3, normally €8.99/£7.99)

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

BOX UP (RCMADIAX) - €1.49/£1.39
Can you BOX UP? Guide the box up the screen without hitting any of the platforms. Levels are randomly generated to add an extra challenge. How high of a score can you obtain? Easy pick up and play action for all ages. Try BOX UP today!

Special offers
Word Logic by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.19/£6.39 (Ends August 3, normally €8.99/£7.99)
Hot Rod Racer (ZeNfA Productions) - €0.49/£0.44 (Ends August 17, normally €0.99/£0.89)
ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimensions! (ZeNfA Productions) - €0.74/£0.59 (Ends August 17, normally €1.49/£1.19)
Pinball Breakout (nuGame) - €4.90/£4.20 (Ends August 17, normally €7.00/£6.00)
STEEL RIVALS (nuGame) - €4.89/£4.19 (Ends August 17, normally €6.99/£5.99)

Ondore

Random as hell sale: Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut is 75% off on Wii U until next Thursday.

(I know it's been cheaper on other systems and probably in Humble Bundles, but hey.)

Random as hell sale: Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut is 75% off on Wii U until next Thursday.

(I know it's been cheaper on other systems and probably in Humble Bundles, but hey.)

Yup. I was looking for any new sales and this seems to be it. I don't think it was ever on sale before either.

I mean physical copies have been less than $20 for a while.

deadfolk

Yup. I was looking for any new sales and this seems to be it. I don't think it was ever on sale before either.

I mean physical copies have been less than $20 for a while.

Way less. I think I paid about €5 in Gamestop. Two years ago.

Great game, though. I played it to completion almost entirely on the Gamepad.

TheMoon

but it's way inferior on other systems :)

jholmes

This port is amazing. Fantastic use of the GamePad, one of the best uses of Miiverse (but you have to have friends who played it) and it's a tremendous game otherwise. If you have a Wii U this is the way to play it, even though it's been way less on PC.

Shiggy

Japanese devs seem to love bringing over their old smartphone games to Switch.

Releasing August 3, 7.99 USD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BRfs10IPp0

giphyqosyz.gif

zroid

Banned
mYrIuLEl.jpg

uhhh what the hell does this "Japan" mean? I don't think I've ever seen this before? my region is definitely not set to Japan...

jholmes

mYrIuLEl.jpg

uhhh what the hell does this "Japan" mean? I don't think I've ever seen this before? my region is definitely not set to Japan...

Mine keeps saying "United States of America" which is worrying because I'm Canadian. Purchases have worked out fine though.

donny2112

Best Buy is having a Buy $50 eshop card, get $10 eshop card at no additional cost sale today (Monday, July 24). ~17% off Nintendo digital costs. Pretty good!

zigg

Best Buy is having a Buy $50 eshop card, get $10 eshop card at no additional cost sale today (Monday, July 24). ~17% off Nintendo digital costs. Pretty good!
Did you see anything about this being limit one per customer?

I seem to be allowed to order this deal multiple times, but I don't want to deal with shit after the fact.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I thought there was a max, and I'm a little surprised to hear you have over $200, because I thought $200 was it 😄

Yeah the limit is $200. I have $190 sitting on my account and a 50 card sitting at my house unused. Still debating jumping on the BB deal to get more... because why not?

zigg

The $50 eShop from BestBuy isn't available for shipping though.
Ah, okay, I see the confusion. I had ordered them for shipping many times before, and this time I was getting store pick-up anyway, so I wasn't considering that they weren't available for ship now. (Dunno if they were at the beginning of the day.) Anyway, sorry about that.

Yeah the limit is $200. I have $190 sitting on my account and a 50 card sitting at my house unused. Still debating jumping on the BB deal to get more... because why not?
I ended up adding $180. I think that's a good spot for me. I don't buy physical games digital because I can't loan or resell them, and GCU makes them cheaper besides. Should hold me over awhile, I hope 🙂

Top Bottom