• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2012

Capndrake

Japan's losing a whole 11 VC games at the end of the month:

-Spelunker (FC)
-Super R-Type (SFC)
-R-Type III: The Third Lightning (SFC)
-R-Type part I (PCE)
-R-Type part II (PCE)
-Vigilante (PCE)
-Ninja Spirit (PCE)
-Legend of Hero Tonma (PCE)
-Image Fight (PCE)
-Image Fight II (PCE)
-Mr. Heli no Daibouken (PCE)

@MUWANdo

Banned
How is pulling their legacy games a good idea if they're hurting financially? You'd think that's where most of the income comes from. Does it cost money to keep games on the service or something?

Celine

How is pulling their legacy games a good idea if they're hurting financially? You'd think that's where most of the income comes from. Does it cost money to keep games on the service or something?
Maybe they want to sell the IPs so they put off from the DD services until a new owner buy them.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I just bought R-Type III. I must have overlooked the "doesn't support Component Interlace mode" message in the description, because all I get is a black screen and the Z+A+2 method isn't working. So, basically I'm screwed if I don't use composite cables?

JimboJones

I just bought R-Type III. I must have overlooked the "doesn't support Component Interlace mode" message in the description, because all I get is a black screen and the Z+A+2 method isn't working. So, basically I'm screwed if I don't use composite cables?

Yup, i get the same problem with Golden Axe and Street Of Rage. Shit like this (and the whole 50htz PAL stuff) is why I never bothered much with the VC, very lazy service.

It's Irem again, are they going out of business? If so how come they have a 3DS retail game planned?

->

They functionally went under after the Tsunami, cancelled all in-progress games, and all of the named staff members have moved on. The Irem space in PlayStation Home was closed down, a number of their licensed titles on many systems all got pulled, and they haven't announced a new game or any development since. They're gone.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=35881714&highlight=irem#post35881714

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Does it at leadt work in progressive scan through component?
Haven't bothered with the game 'cause I can't really stand to play a shooter at 50hz and i played a shitton of my ntsc copy back in the day, but at least it doesn't have the huuuge black borders right? At least most SNES games got a decent PAL conversion on VC, wish it was that way with Neo-Geo gMes as well (or most MD ones), they even go as far as crippling japanese imports on purpose wtf

I'm curious if they're going to shit up on the upcoming SF2CE Megadrive on PAL VC after going the extra step of adding online multi, that'd be the most idiotic thing ever.
Thank god for the TG16 games.

Robin64

Europe gets NES Metroid this week. I hope that means Ambassadors can update to have the swanky new NES icon for this now.

Still no sign of VVVVVV or Mutant Mudds, though.

NeoRausch

Europe gets NES Metroid this week. I hope that means Ambassadors can update to have the swanky new NES icon for this now.

Still no sign of VVVVVV or Mutant Mudds, though.

i lost my hope on that games.... maybe winter?... possibly?....maybe?....please?!

Any idea when the Game gear games are coming? This month?

Thursday.

UPCOMING NINTENDO ESHOP TITLES INCLUDE KETZAL'S CORRIDORS, COLORS! 3D AND SEGA GAME GEAR

March 6, 2012

The diverse lineup of downloadable games for the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system keeps on growing. With more than 500 pieces of content currently available on the Nintendo eShop and new additions made every week, players have some exciting titles to look forward to this season. Soon, players can experience Ketzal's Corridors™, a fast-paced, Aztec-themed action-puzzle game with brilliant 3D graphics and head-to-head multiplayer options. The game lets players race against the clock in 96 shape-matching missions and three multiplayer modes. On March 15, Nintendo 3DS owners can download a variety of classic games as the SEGA Game Gear™ system makes its debut on the Nintendo eShop with Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble™, Shinobi™ and Dragon Crystal™. Coming in April, Colors! 3D from Collecting Smiles lets Nintendo 3DS users of any artistic skill level create and share 3D drawings and digital sketches.

Other new and upcoming Nintendo eShop game releases include the following (dates subject to change):

• Punch-Out!!™ Featuring Mr. Dream (March 8) – The classic boxing game from the NES™ returns, featuring fan-favorite characters like Little Mac and Bald Bull.

• Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! from Shin'en (March 8) – Use your personalized Mii™ character to play 81 challenging holes in exotic locations around the globe.

• Zombie Slayer Diox™ from UFO Interactive (March 22) – A samurai guitarist must use his superior musical chops to defeat zombies in this unique rhythm-action game.

• Arc Style Soccer!! 3D from ArcSystem Works (March/April) – This easy-to-learn, customizable soccer game lets players use photos of their own faces and play wirelessly with friends.

• Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure™ from SEGA (free demo version, April 19) – Download a demo version to feel the rhythm and beat of the mystery in this spellbinding adventure game.

• Crush™3D from SEGA (free demo version, available now) – This unique platform game gives you the ability to change perspective from 2D to 3D as you try to solve brain-teasing puzzles.

The Nintendo eShop is a service featuring games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. New content is added to the Nintendo eShop every Thursday.

For more information about the Nintendo eShop, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/downloads.

Not sure if it was posted, but it looks like Mutant Mudds is getting an eShop demo according to that one banned Nintendo site.

- demo is definitely happening
- Nintendo is looking at the demo right now
- contains 4 regular levels (1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1)
- contains one secret level (Secret 1-1)
- 5 Water Sprites to collect in all
- should be released in the next couple of weeks

Not sure if it was posted, but it looks like Mutant Mudds is getting an eShop demo according to that one banned Nintendo site.

That's great news if it means we'll get more eshop demos later. I might actually buy the Rolling Western game if I can try it out and get a feel for what it plays like. I just hope Nintendo gets over their irrational fear of demos and we actually start seeing demos being put up at a reasonable rate instead of ~1 every 2 weeks.

Ok. Just got a $20 card for my birthday. I have Pushmo, VVVVVV, Zen Pinball, and Mighty Switch Force.

I'm pretty sure I want Mutant Mudds, should I go with Dillion or Sakura Samurai with it?

Can't wait to finally properly play the last 'old' Sonic game on my list, I own it several times over already lol but because it was the only one I didn't have back then I just never ended up playing it properly.

My first Sega was a Master System so I sorta started with the 8bit Sonics, they hold a special place in my heart because of that. Obviously the Mega Drive ones blew my mind once I got one and were always the real Sonic games, but 8bit has its own charm to me. :)

Celine

Can't wait to finally properly play the last 'old' Sonic game on my list, I own it several times over already lol but because it was the only one I didn't have back then I just never ended up playing it properly.

My first Sega was a Master System so I sorta started with the 8bit Sonics, they hold a special place in my heart because of that. Obviously the Mega Drive ones blew my mind once I got one and were always the real Sonic games, but 8bit has its own charm to me. :)
Now if only we get NPG VC and Sonic Pocket Adventure.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
So am I reading this right: the DE store will be down on the 20th, 16:00 through 23:00 GMT?

Top Bottom